Just back from 8 night stay at CSR **Pictures added**

I love hearing all the great stories from people that stayed at CSR! We have 25 more days, and I'm sure I've made the right choice. I've been to WDW over 30 times, but have never stayed at CSR. I can't wait now! Thanks for the review!

I am glad everyone liked my review.

I am going to work on posting some pictures either tonight or tomorrow. School started today for my oldest and tomorrow for my youngest. Plus going on interviews hasn't given me much time. Need a job to pay for the next trip.

As for the internal shuttles, sometimes they stopped and asked other times they rode right by. If you wait in front at the front entrace of the Dig Site they don't drive by it. However by the side by cabana 8A was where I was consistently asked if I needed a ride. Even security asked one night if I needed a ride.

I would be definately request Ranchos 7B or Cabana 8A if we are to stay at CSR again. I think I prefer Ranchos 7B since the quite pool is right there along with the laundry room. Not that I did laundry, but it was nice to know it was there.

I am glad everyone liked my review.

I am going to work on posting some pictures either tonight or tomorrow. School started today for my oldest and tomorrow for my youngest. Plus going on interviews hasn't given me much time. Need a job to pay for the next trip.

As for the internal shuttles, sometimes they stopped and asked other times they rode right by. If you wait in front at the front entrace of the Dig Site they don't drive by it. However by the side by cabana 8A was where I was consistently asked if I needed a ride. Even security asked one night if I needed a ride.

I would be definately request Ranchos 7B or Cabana 8A if we are to stay at CSR again. I think I prefer Ranchos 7B since the quite pool is right there along with the laundry room. Not that I did laundry, but it was nice to know it was there.
Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I thought I might hijack your thread and let everyone know we just returned as well....probably saw you there and didn't even now it!

We arrived at 8:30 am using the ME....loved it. After a very long night of traveling we asked if it might be possible to get a room. Of course, no problem. The staff was wonderful and had us on our way in no time. We were sent to a room in Cabanas 9B on the back side (not facing the main lake). I was fine with this as it was close to El Centro and I had not requested a certain place. When we arrived the room had not been cleaned yet from the departing guests. The maid offerred to make it the next room cleaned, but would take about a half an hour. We were sooo tired, so off to check in again. I explained to the CM and he said "just a moment" and went in the back. Out he comes with two managers. They said that we should have never been sent there. I explained it was fine, I was just wanting a room, any room to rest. They were so nice and gave me room 9607, with two windows facing the main lake. Then they said "THIS IS NOT THE DISNEY WAY" and we are giving you a $50.00 credit to your acct to use anywhere. WOW! I was totally blown away. The pixie dust was already flying our way. We loved the room, the view, how beautiful and quiet it was here. Loved the privacy curtain (why don't all hotels have these?) and the room darkening shades too. My DD14 would spend hours late at night on her cell chatting with her freinds from the hammocks on the beach. It truly felt like vacation from this spot!

The bus service was GREAT! I had to take a couple of other resort buses during the week. It took us 45 minutes to get from Epcot to The Grand Flor. on their bus. Yuck.

We ate at the pepper market three times. The food was good, except for breakfast (although the pecans roll and muffins were very good). I threw away most of it. We did not really use the pool much, but the kids there were having a blast and I really loved the Dig Site. I did not think I would really get any use out of a refillable mug, but went ahead a bought one. I'm really glad I did. It was nice to not pay $2.19 everytime you wanted some lemonaid or a pop, especially poolside. I recommend at least one for your trip.

Wish I would have had the energy for the workout room....it looked really nice.

We had requested a microwave for our room, but it never came.

We left mousekeeping a tip daily and got great service, but never any towel animals. My DD14 was a bit disappointed, but this did not make or break our trip. I did see them in other sections on the Cabanas. Looks like it depends on the mousekeeper. One area had all the same little birds in every window. The shampoos, etc are pretty nice. My DD noticed on the last day that they had shower gel too, but we never got any.

I ordered a case of water from costco and it was there on arrival. This was a very smart move! What we did not use, we gave to the room next door. They were very happy!

We were only asked once if we needed a ride on those cars that come around. They normally just buzzed past you and never looked back. The one time I did flag one down he said he was going the other way. Oh, well.

I had read how you might need to override the AC to keep it on. Never had to do this...stayed nice and cool the entire trip.

We used our DDP snack credits in the gift shop and bought donuts and milk. If you get milk....get it in the gift shop, not the little store. Much better deal in the shop.

Would I stay here again. You bet! I just can't justify paying $250-$400 a night when you spend so much of it away at Disney World. But that's me. My DD14 saw Wilderness Lodge and wanted to jump ship from CSR immediatly. I told her she better marry a rich man! lol. For all those concerned about your choice of resorts.....you need not be......you made a great choice!

I thought I might hijack your thread and let everyone know we just returned as well....probably saw you there and didn't even now it!

We arrived at 8:30 am using the ME....loved it. After a very long night of traveling we asked if it might be possible to get a room. Of course, no problem. The staff was wonderful and had us on our way in no time. We were sent to a room in Cabanas 9B on the back side (not facing the main lake). I was fine with this as it was close to El Centro and I had not requested a certain place. When we arrived the room had not been cleaned yet from the departing guests. The maid offerred to make it the next room cleaned, but would take about a half an hour. We were sooo tired, so off to check in again. I explained to the CM and he said "just a moment" and went in the back. Out he comes with two managers. They said that we should have never been sent there. I explained it was fine, I was just wanting a room, any room to rest. They were so nice and gave me room 9607, with two windows facing the main lake. Then they said "THIS IS NOT THE DISNEY WAY" and we are giving you a $50.00 credit to your acct to use anywhere. WOW! I was totally blown away. The pixie dust was already flying our way. We loved the room, the view, how beautiful and quiet it was here. Loved the privacy curtain (why don't all hotels have these?) and the room darkening shades too. My DD14 would spend hours late at night on her cell chatting with her freinds from the hammocks on the beach. It truly felt like vacation from this spot!

The bus service was GREAT! I had to take a couple of other resort buses during the week. It took us 45 minutes to get from Epcot to The Grand Flor. on their bus. Yuck.

We ate at the pepper market three times. The food was good, except for breakfast (although the pecans roll and muffins were very good). I threw away most of it. We did not really use the pool much, but the kids there were having a blast and I really loved the Dig Site. I did not think I would really get any use out of a refillable mug, but went ahead a bought one. I'm really glad I did. It was nice to not pay $2.19 everytime you wanted some lemonaid or a pop, especially poolside. I recommend at least one for your trip.

We left mousekeeping a tip daily and got great service, but never any towel animals. My DD14 was a bit disappointed, but this did not make or break our trip. I did see them in other sections on the Cabanas. Looks like it depends on the mousekeeper. One area had all the same little birds in every window. The shampoos, etc are pretty nice. My DD noticed on the last day that they had shower gel too, but we never got any.

I ordered a case of water from costco and it was there on arrival. This was a very smart move! What we did not use, we gave to the room next door. They were very happy!

We were only asked once if we needed a ride on those cars that come around. They normally just buzzed past you and never looked back. The one time I did flag one down he said he was going the other way. Oh, well.

I had read how you might need to override the AC to keep it on. Never had to do this...stayed nice and cool the entire trip.

We used our DDP snack credits in the gift shop and bought donuts and milk. If you get milk....get it in the gift shop, not the little store. Much better deal in the shop.

Would I stay here again. You bet! I just can't justify paying $250-$400 a night when you spend so much of it away at Disney World. But that's me. My DD14 saw Wilderness Lodge and wanted to jump ship from CSR immediatly. I told her she better marry a rich man! lol. For all those concerned about your choice of resorts.....you need not be......you made a great choice!
Welcome back and thanks for sharing!! I love these reviews!!

Okay here is my attempt for photos:

Review from our room 7570, Ranchos 7B. You can see the backside of Cabana 8A

IMG_0754.jpg

Interior shots of 7570 (Ranchos section): I have no idea what that spot is on the TV cabinet. It wasn't there when you looked at it. Weird.

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

Hijack away! I am glad you had a great stay. We did too. CSR is on our return list! We do want to try one day WL after eating at WCC. Maybe our next trip might be a split stay! I changed our reservations from POR to CSR then to the Poly and back to CSR. I don't regret not staying at the Poly.

The resort is beautiful, the staff was friendly and the bus service was wonderful! DH who is a I have to get a rent a car man said to me the other day, "Maybe next trip we can do without the car and just use the bus." That is saying a lot for the bus service we had.

Thank you for the pictures! The outside bar picture makes me want to leave now and hang out there!

Take Care

Your welcome. The next time we go there I am hoping to be able to spend more time enjoying the resort.

Those are great pics!
We will be enjoying our first trip to CSR in 7 days!
We have even already packed the kids , we are getting soooo anxious! We were just there in January at the Poly, but ALWAYS EXCITED TO COME BACK "HOME"!!!! And have never stayed at CSR and it looks like we are in for quite a treat! Thanks for everyone's pics and tips and info! Appreciated always!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter