Just back from 3 Night Wonder, Steven Curtis Chapman on board!

MAGICX2

DIS Veteran
We got back on 12/19 from a 3night on the Wonder. Prior to the cruise we spent several days at WDW that included the Candlelight Processional with Steven Curtis Chapman as the narrator. On the second night during the Toy Story show I had to go in and out of the row about 5 times before the show started (bathroom, snacks, kids, lol):rolleyes1 Anyway, on my last trip back, DH says "I think that is Steven Curtis Chapman at the end of the row." I looked and sure enough. So I went down and said "Excuse me, are you Mr. Steven Curtis Chapman?" The little girl next to him said "NO, NO he is NOT!" He chuckled and said yes and then carried on a converstaion with me for about 10 min. He was traveling with just his daughter Shaohannah "Shaoey" Hope. He was a very gracious man. It was the first time we had encountered anyone famous on the DCL. Very cool.

Lucky you! I was at WDW last week for 2 days and intended to go to the Candlelight Processional on the 13th. I was too cold and called it a day at ~ 7 p.m. In hindsight, I wish I had gone back to my room to put on additional clothing, or gone inside somewhere at Epcot until the CP started.

How neat that you got to see him in the CP and onboard but based on his daughters reaction she probably was enjoying the 1 on 1 time with her Dad and was hoping to not be bothered by fans which is hard when you have fame. Glad he was gracious to speak with you and hopefully he got to enjoy time with his daughter without too many people asking for a moment of his time.

Hi MAGICX2,
That is very cool! :thumbsup2 It is nice to hear stories where someone famous is nice and willing to spend a few minutes speaking with a fan. Hope you had a great cruise and thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

Just thought I would say that I was one of the Cast choir singers in Candlelight this year and it was FREEZING wearing just a green robe and lite shirt underneath! Although Steven was incredible nice to us which made it a wonderful couple of days preforming with him~

Lucky you! I was at WDW last week for 2 days and intended to go to the Candlelight Processional on the 13th. I was too cold and called it a day at ~ 7 p.m. In hindsight, I wish I had gone back to my room to put on additional clothing, or gone inside somewhere at Epcot until the CP started.

Steven Curtis Chapman is a wonderful man and has a great family:) Lucky for you that you were able to meet him:)

We got back on 12/19 from a 3night on the Wonder. Prior to the cruise we spent several days at WDW that included the Candlelight Processional with Steven Curtis Chapman as the narrator. On the second night during the Toy Story show I had to go in and out of the row about 5 times before the show started (bathroom, snacks, kids, lol):rolleyes1 Anyway, on my last trip back, DH says "I think that is Steven Curtis Chapman at the end of the row." I looked and sure enough. So I went down and said "Excuse me, are you Mr. Steven Curtis Chapman?" The little girl next to him said "NO, NO he is NOT!" He chuckled and said yes and then carried on a converstaion with me for about 10 min. He was traveling with just his daughter Shaohannah "Shaoey" Hope. He was a very gracious man. It was the first time we had encountered anyone famous on the DCL. Very cool.

He's an incredible Christian singer....love his work. He lost a daughter in a tragic auto accident in his driveway some years ago! Wish I could have me t him....lucky you:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter