Just back from 3 Night Wonder, Steven Curtis Chapman on board!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MAGICX2, Dec 21, 2010.

1. MAGICX2

MAGICX2 DIS Veteran

We got back on 12/19 from a 3night on the Wonder. Prior to the cruise we spent several days at WDW that included the Candlelight Processional with Steven Curtis Chapman as the narrator. On the second night during the Toy Story show I had to go in and out of the row about 5 times before the show started (bathroom, snacks, kids, lol):rolleyes1 Anyway, on my last trip back, DH says "I think that is Steven Curtis Chapman at the end of the row." I looked and sure enough. So I went down and said "Excuse me, are you Mr. Steven Curtis Chapman?" The little girl next to him said "NO, NO he is NOT!" He chuckled and said yes and then carried on a converstaion with me for about 10 min. He was traveling with just his daughter Shaohannah "Shaoey" Hope. He was a very gracious man. It was the first time we had encountered anyone famous on the DCL. Very cool.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Lucky you! I was at WDW last week for 2 days and intended to go to the Candlelight Processional on the 13th. I was too cold and called it a day at ~ 7 p.m. In hindsight, I wish I had gone back to my room to put on additional clothing, or gone inside somewhere at Epcot until the CP started.

4. bfchitwood

bfchitwood Earning My Ears

How exciting!

5. LivingtheWDWdream

LivingtheWDWdream Dreamin of Disney!

How neat that you got to see him in the CP and onboard but based on his daughters reaction she probably was enjoying the 1 on 1 time with her Dad and was hoping to not be bothered by fans which is hard when you have fame. Glad he was gracious to speak with you and hopefully he got to enjoy time with his daughter without too many people asking for a moment of his time.

6. twinmom108

twinmom108 DIS Veteran

I love SCC's music. What a wonderful experience for you!

7. jamie@dvcstore

jamie@dvcstore DIS Veteran

Hi MAGICX2,
    That is very cool! :thumbsup2 It is nice to hear stories where someone famous is nice and willing to spend a few minutes speaking with a fan. Hope you had a great cruise and thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

8. insureman

insureman DIS Veteran

Excuse my ignorance , but who is Steven Curtis Chapman?

9. pluto1979

pluto1979 DIS Veteran

Just thought I would say that I was one of the Cast choir singers in Candlelight this year and it was FREEZING wearing just a green robe and lite shirt underneath! Although Steven was incredible nice to us which made it a wonderful couple of days preforming with him~

10. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

Steven Curtis Chapman is a wonderful man and has a great family:) Lucky for you that you were able to meet him:)

11. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

ditto!

12. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

He is a contemporary Christian singer, and he was one of the narrators for the Candlelight Processional: http://stevencurtischapman.com/

13. DAKfever

DAKfever "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing

He's an incredible Christian singer....love his work. He lost a daughter in a tragic auto accident in his driveway some years ago! Wish I could have me t him....lucky you:)