Just back: CM says DVC at Contemporary as a done deal

i've seen pics of the construction but i can't figure out exactly where it is.

can someone confirm if this is right

IsthiswereDVCis.jpg

Close, but the new tower is going up here, the old North Garden Wing was demolished.

Construction.jpg

really???? hummm so it will over look the parking lot towards MK?

Yes it will over look the parking lot, just like the MK view at CR does... I was less than impressed with the MK view from the CR Tower and felt it was more like a parking lot view with the MK off in the distance.

IF and a big IF we stay at the CRV we will be requesting a bay lake view.

does anyone have pics from the balcony's of CR of the MK view?

it's not what i thought it was and certainly if that's going to be a dvc it's a worse view

the only plus it looks like it will have is being on the monorail

it's not what i thought it was and certainly if that's going to be a dvc it's a worse view

Have you ever stayed in a CR room with a MK view? The view of MK and the other resorts on Seven Seas Lagoon is amazing. I, for one, barely realize the parking lot is below each time I stay there. Everyone has their own opinions though. Many just don't like the feel of the CR (and MK view) in general. I love any view of the MK from the monorail resorts and the one from CR is especially fantastic. You feel like you're just a stones throw from the MK.

The lower floor of the new building won;t be as nice a view as the lower floors of the existing A-Frame tower, you'll have the monorails and a larger parking area to look past. The upper floors should have a view similar to the A-Frame.

We've stayed at the Contemporary 3 times, 2x on the 11th floor, 1x on the 8th floor. The higher floors are definitely a nice MK view, the higher the better.

Seems like some rooms will have a lovely view of the CR tower and parking lots and not much else. IF it is DVC they should have different point ranges for the different views like AKV IMHO.

When we took the Innovations tour the tour guides from the Disney Institute were asked about the tearing down of the wing and what was going in there. The reply was " sorry we value our jobs too much to answer that question". At the time they did say that there were no plans on the boards for any "regular" disney resorts to be built in the next few years only expansion of the DVC offerings.

mind are on the viedo camera so sorry no.

I though oh great a parking view that paid extra for - believe it or not - it is lovely.

you get views of 7 seas lagoon plus the other hotels and the MK.

since this thing is much closer to the MK - then it views will be even better of the MK. not so much the Polyn - it should still see the GF.

that say all the views of the MK will have a parking lot view - either the CR parking lot or CM parking lot. It will have better views than BCV.

the originally plans seems to understand this - and the rooms started on the 3rd floor. Now someone else says the restuarant was moved to the top - don't know. but disney has definitely been know to change it mind.

from people who stayed at the north wing (remember only 3 floors) the views of the MK even from the 3rd floor were great.

Bay Lake will be nice too - first of all it is lovely. Secondly the EWP is here each and every night. You can also see the Epcot fireworks in the distance.

the only bad views would be looking at the CR or the south wing - my opinion. and yes these should be less points. Still you are at CR and as close to the MK as you can get in a resort.

does anyone know how many floors it's supposed to be?

16th - but on the originally plans the top 2 floors were GV with open windows so you could see the mk even on the stair case.

so don't know if that makes it 15 or not.

WOW - that's a heck of a lot of rooms making it the largest DVC so far doesn't it?

especially if the entire building is DVC and not a combo

some one here did an estimate on the plans - and decided it was around 350 villas - so not even close to the larger.

ssr 828
OKW 761
BWV 533
AKV 458
CRv 350 (if this is what is going up)
BCV 282
VWL 181

don't have the room count for VB or HH.

At the time they did say that there were no plans on the boards for any "regular" disney resorts to be built in the next few years only expansion of the DVC offerings.

really, really want the Pop Century finished. and can't see that unfinished part being part of DVC.

One of the newspaper articles said the CRV was supposed to be 295 rooms. But...who knows where they got their info.

guess it'll just be the tallest then.

One of the newspaper articles said the CRV was supposed to be 295 rooms. But...who knows where they got their info.

The building plans have been filed. If you zoom in on the floorplan, it's pretty easy to discren 20-22 rooms about the size of a current Two Bedroom villa on each floor. Make accommodations for some larger Grand Villas and resort infrsatructure, and 295 seems right on the mark.

Here's an image I doctored-up some time ago:

CRV_Floor.jpg

They don't have plans for all 15 (?) floors and this is probably the ground floor. As such, much of it is taken up by resort services. But the units on the right-hand side appear to be standard guest rooms. I've shaded each unit a different color. The middle area of each would be the kitchen / living room with two flanking bedrooms.

Carry that same layout to the all 3 sides of the building on the upper floors and you get about 21 or 22 rooms per floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter