Just back: CM says DVC at Contemporary as a done deal

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
So we were talking to a manager at WDW last week, and he was describing the DVC being built at the contemporary.

I said, isn't that still a rumor? He said no, it was happening.

Did that already get announced on these boards?

It hasn't been announced anywhere. Still speculative.

This ties in with what our guide at one of the MK tours said when asked about the construction. He said that in numerous internal communications, the construction at the Contemporary was referred to as a DVC property.

This ties in with what our guide at one of the MK tours said when asked about the construction. He said that in numerous internal communications, the construction at the Contemporary was referred to as a DVC property.

this person was in management. he stated it very matter of factly, even when I questioned it. He knew what it was going to look like, etc...

this person was in management. he stated it very matter of factly, even when I questioned it. He knew what it was going to look like, etc...

does he know he might be fired for saying anything at the CRV?

we definitely know what it looks like - see my signature - tink10 found that in Nov, 2006 I think.

does he know he might be fired for saying anything at the CRV?

we definitely know what it looks like - see my signature - tink10 found that in Nov, 2006 I think.

No. This person was pretty high up it looked like. He didn't seem too worried about getting fired.

I like your sig!

he stated it very matter of factly, even when I questioned it. He knew what it was going to look like, etc...

So does anyone who reads the Internet. CMs are people, too.

But Pat is right...anyone who has knowledge of unannounced projects, and then proceeds to discuss them publicly, is very much putting their job at risk.

We've all heard the rumors. CMs are not immune to the talk. And most probably agree that DVC at the CR is going to happen in some shape or form. But a CM openly discussing it is either regurgitating the same things we all read on the Internet or is very, very stupid for revealing confidential information covered by non-disclosure agreement.

A scarecrow once said: "People without brains do an awful lot of talking". With 50,000+ employees, I'm sure there are a few that qualify. ;)

Even though we can physically see the building, Disney hasn't released any info. Until then, we'll still dream about the possibilities.

A scarecrow once said: "People without brains do an awful lot of talking". With 50,000+ employees, I'm sure there are a few that qualify. ;)

Even though we can physically see the building, Disney hasn't released any info. Until then, we'll still dream about the possibilities.

Wow, this seems awfully harsh. Like I said, this person was certainly in a position to know.

Wow, this seems awfully harsh. Like I said, this person was certainly in a position to know.

I saw nothing harsh in jodfilas statement. It is true that Disney does fire people for far less in fractions than that, and some people find that out the hard way.

Very new to DVC. I see A LOT of posts and interest in the possible CRV. Why the strong demand? Is it because of its proximity to MK? Anything else?

it was the FIRST wdw resort, it is on the monrail and you can walk to the MK.

plus the view of the fireworks....

also like the rehab rooms at CR - so expecting even more at CRV. because I think that AKV definitely outshines AKL. (my opinion)

Very new to DVC. I see A LOT of posts and interest in the possible CRV. Why the strong demand? Is it because of its proximity to MK? Anything else?

I think that it is that, the idea of a monorail DVC resort, and the idea of being part of the Contemporary. The views should be pretty great as well.

I'll be happy with my AKV home, but will likely stay occasionally at the CRV if it comes to fruition.

it was the FIRST wdw resort, it is on the monrail and you can walk to the MK.

plus the view of the fireworks....

also like the rehab rooms at CR - so expecting even more at CRV. because I think that AKV definitely outshines AKL. (my opinion)

We have our fingers crossed for CRV. Our guide has us on his "must call ASAP if CRV is ever announced list" :rotfl2:

We are definately going to buy if it is announced. WALK TO MK :yay: !

building? what building?

isn't that all just a figment of our imagination?

do hear all the cm's squish rumors you'd think we were all blind and couldn't see the construction going on.

oh that??? that's nothing - just a storage shed in the back yard.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter