Just back: CM says DVC at Contemporary as a done deal

I've been among those who thought folks were "wishful thinking" about a CR DVC. Having just come back from WDW, I saw and heard some things that pretty much guarantee a CR announcement will be coming out soon.....very very soon in my estimation.

I've been among those who thought folks were "wishful thinking" about a CR DVC. Having just come back from WDW, I saw and heard some things that pretty much guarantee a CR announcement will be coming out soon.....very very soon in my estimation.

Okay, I'll bite. I can tell you don't want to divulge any additional info., but how soon is "very very soon"? You can at LEAST give us that? ! ? :coffee:

The building plans have been filed. If you zoom in on the floorplan, it's pretty easy to discren 20-22 rooms about the size of a current Two Bedroom villa on each floor. Make accommodations for some larger Grand Villas and resort infrsatructure, and 295 seems right on the mark.

did you find any studios?

another report says it will be 1, 2 3 bedrooms only - not studios.

since I happen to love studios - this would be very upsetting to me.

so please look and see if you can find some studios - PLEASE!!!

If you went in the 70's when the CR was the hot resort - you might appreciate it more. but everyone won't - that is one reason why DVC has so many different types & styles of resorts.

Again - so? Lots of people make such a big deal out of this. However, the fact is that you will be able to walk the few hundred yards to MK faster than the monorail will get you there. If you want to go to MK by monorail, you have to go all the way around, as CR is the first stop. When coming back from the park at the end of the day, though it is the first stop, you will be waiting on line for longer than it takes you to get there on the monorail or by foot.?
Walking in the morning is great - gives you energy and being able to walk to the MK!!! Walking in the evening depends - if there are crowds at the monrail - then definitely walk - it is not that much further than walking to the monrails - since the exit is at the buses anyway.

Most rooms are not going to have a view of the fireworks.

doesn't matter - because unlike BCV or BWV where unless you have a view you have a little walk to the bridge to see the fireworks (okay a good view of the fireworks) - you won't at CR - because you are next door. You just take the elevator to the first floor and walk out - you will see them. or as TenThousandVolts says you can see them in your resort. well maybe might need to take the bridge to the CR.

was hoping for viewing areas on the roof - but brother says no.

did you find any studios?

another report says it will be 1, 2 3 bedrooms only - not studios.

since I happen to love studios - this would be very upsetting to me.

so please look and see if you can find some studios - PLEASE!!!

You can see two bedroom-type rooms in the plans and I'm sure that many of them would be lockoffs. That's what they did at SSR and the Grand Californian--all of the rooms are either Grand Villas or Two Bedrooms with the lockoff configuration being used to create the 1B and Studio-size villas.

You can see two bedroom-type rooms in the plans and I'm sure that many of them would be lockoffs. That's what they did at SSR and the Grand Californian--all of the rooms are either Grand Villas or Two Bedrooms with the lockoff configuration being used to create the 1B and Studio-size villas.

so that means no dedicated studios or 1-bedroom. Oh well at least there might be studios.

How soon before announcing would they have model rooms ready to show? ;)

How soon before announcing would they have model rooms ready to show? ;)

If rumors are true, then they already have model rooms at SSR. Members have been reporting mysterious hallways and doors next to the AKV models for the past year. Guides say there are sections there they are not allowed to enter (locked out).

Of course, why build models 2 years before your going to sell something? I always wondered that.

I had a very different experience yesterday when I asked a CM at a DVC booth...he was actually nasty about the whole thing....they can't talk about real estate issues that it is illegal to do so and that 110 DVC people have been fired for doing so and that you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. He also said why would you want to buy there anyway????? So quite interesting, I wonder after the new paper article they were alll called in and warned about talking about it.
Personally I have always found the internet info to be quite accurate... Just thought I would post about my odd encounter .

I had a very different experience yesterday when I asked a CM at a DVC booth...he was actually nasty about the whole thing....they can't talk about real estate issues that it is illegal to do so and that 110 DVC people have been fired for doing so...

From everything I've heard/read it's illegal for them to even speculate, so I'm surprised so many are willing to take that chance with their jobs. They have no idea who they are talking with when being asked these questions, so they don't know if it's someone who is hired specifically to find out if they will give out what at the moment I guess would be either considered insider information or false information since it's not official. I know I would be keeping my mouth shut.

I know we have the Doorway to Dreams store here and I went for a visit (not related to the Contemporary -- I just wanted to see it), talked to a guide and I said something about the Contemporary wanted to know if current members (I'm not a member yet but will definitely be for the Contemporary) get a chance to buy before the public. I did preface it with "I know it's a rumor..." and the guide didn't imply any which way and said it was illegal for them to even speculate on anything. So, I re-worded the question in that "If they ever announce any new DVC properties anywhere, do current members get a chance to buy before the public?" The answer to that was yes (or it might have been "usually") so that was able to be answered but not anything talking about any specific property that isn't official yet.

I also encountered a downright nasty and angered CM at the last Doorway to Dreams event. She asked if we had any ques. as we were newer members. So I asked....."What are they building next to the Contemporary"? She snipped, yes SNIPPED :rolleyes: "That's not us. That's just an extension of the hotel". And whoosh.....she turned around and walked away! So bizarre. Others I've asked at least just said, "We can neither confirm or deny anything at this time".

Ya gotta feel bad for these CMs though. Who wouldn't love to speculate and chat about it with other interested parties? But you know if you do you'll lose your job and in this economy...? It's not worth losing my house or not being able to feed my kids just to talk about unconfirmed yet widely reported rumors.

I sure hope Disney makes up for all this pressure they're putting on their employees. It really isn't fair.

When I heard about the firings, I stopped asking questions of CMs. If anyone does the talking about it, it's me. In fact, if I overhear another guest ask an awkward question, I usually answer for the CM. Disney can't hurt me for discussing rumors.

It's enough that the plans are filed and the building is going up. We don't need to keep pestering these folks.

EDITED TO ADD: You also need to consider what the job is like for the kiosk workers. They are grunt level employees who have to stand out all day and field whatever wacko question they get. Half the time they're ignored and the other half they're asked for directions to the nearest bathroom. Be nice to one and go up to have a pleasant conversation some time.

Ya gotta feel bad for these CMs though. Who wouldn't love to speculate and chat about it with other interested parties? But you know if you do you'll lose your job and in this economy...? It's not worth losing my house or not being able to feed my kids just to talk about unconfirmed yet widely reported rumors.

I sure hope Disney makes up for all this pressure they're putting on their employees. It really isn't fair.

When I heard about the firings, I stopped asking questions of CMs. If anyone does the talking about it, it's me. In fact, if I overhear another guest ask an awkward question, I usually answer for the CM. Disney can't hurt me for discussing rumors.

It's enough that the plans are filed and the building is going up. We don't need to keep pestering these folks.

EDITED TO ADD: You also need to consider what the job is like for the kiosk workers. They are grunt level employees who have to stand out all day and field whatever wacko question they get. Half the time they're ignored and the other half they're asked for directions to the nearest bathroom. Be nice to one and go up to have a pleasant conversation some time.

Excellent points in your post. I do agree it seems that Disney is putting an enormous amt. of pressure on their employees about this. I do, however, think there's a way for them to reply without being rude. I understand where it comes from, but I don't think it's an appropriate "Disney" response. You're right, they are in a tough spot being bombarded with all the ques. It's just ridiculous that for so long now they've been expected to act as if that bldg. is invisible. Building......WHAT building? :rolleyes:

If rumors are true, then they already have model rooms at SSR. Members have been reporting mysterious hallways and doors next to the AKV models for the past year. Guides say there are sections there they are not allowed to enter (locked out).

Of course, why build models 2 years before your going to sell something? I always wondered that.

Aah. That's what I was referencing. There are for sure models at SSR. Didn't realize it was "old news".

Aah. That's what I was referencing. There are for sure models at SSR. Didn't realize it was "old news".

I find on the DIS, everything is "old news" to someone. We are a bunch of blabbers here.

Now in my wish world, Disney does announce the resort this month and I get to preview those rooms when I'm there in April. But I expect, that won't happen. If they announce, it probably won't be until May and then the rooms probably won't open for preview until they are closer to selling. Maybe I'll get to see them in October and maybe I'll just be looking at pictures here.

Now in my wish world, Disney does announce the resort this month and I get to preview those rooms when I'm there in April. But I expect, that won't happen. If they announce, it probably won't be until May and then the rooms probably won't open for preview until they are closer to selling. Maybe I'll get to see them in October and maybe I'll just be looking at pictures here.

EXACTLY my wish as well...............:worship: :wizard: And speaking of preview rooms, I wonder if Doorway To Dreams will have one or if it's in the works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter