• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just another day in the Happiest Place on Earth! Completed April 24th!!

Oh my gosh, I want those truffle fries right now! Love Yak & Yeti. It's one of our fav's. Can't wait to have the Ahi Tuna Nachos again!

Great reviews! I am also a lover of a good cheeseburger....and I'm 31! I don't think we ever grow out of it! :)

Yak and Yeti is one of our favs both the mahi mahi and the curry look delicious. I always get the seafood curry but next time I might just try the chicken curry.

I think you would love the chicken curry, Lori! Bill was making good use of his naan bread to get every last drop of the delicious sauce!

Oh my gosh, I want those truffle fries right now! Love Yak & Yeti. It's one of our fav's. Can't wait to have the Ahi Tuna Nachos again!

I am still dreaming about those truffle fries, Teresa! They were so yummy! And Crews Cup is a lovely little lounge.

Great reviews! I am also a lover of a good cheeseburger....and I'm 31! I don't think we ever grow out of it! :)

Thanks for joining in, Blair! My three boys certainly sampled many burgers and loved them all. Their favourite overall was at Sci-Fi which is one of our must dos each trip.

Waking up on the last full day of your Disney vacation is always bittersweet. You think of all the fun you've had and the fun you'll have that day but the thought of having to board the Tragical Depress the next day is still hanging over your head...... Well, we were determined to make the most of it. It was another perfectly sunny and warm day, so I decided to stroll over to France and pick up some pastries while the boys were still sleeping. I grabbed my mug to fill up with coffee and enjoyed the walk over. On arriving at Les Halles, I took my time admiring all the beautiful pastries and taking in the details of the shop. I settled on plain croissants for the boys and ultra delicious frangipane for DH and I.

Upon arriving back at the YC, I filled up my mug with coffee again at Ale and Compass and headed up to the the balcony of our room to enjoy this little piece of deliciousness......
IMG_2117.JPG
Super flaky and yummy with a sweet almond centre and the lovely crunch from the sliced almonds on top...... mmmmm! The boys devoured their croissants so quickly I didn't get a picture but I was assured they were warm and yummy.

We decided that a morning at Fantasia sounded like fun so we headed out towards the course. This is why I love staying in the Epcot resort area, the sheer walkability to the parks and other attractions. We had a blast on the course and decided to continue the fun at Magic Kingdom. We had no fast passes planned as we had them booked for Epcot later that evening but we thought we would make the best of it. Upon walking back to the Swan, the MK bus was just pulling up so we hopped on and away we went. We went with tried and true attractions. First of all hitting up with Monsters Inc laugh floor, where DS2 was picked as Randall. He really enjoyed this and did a great job of "disappearing" by sliding down in his seat. DH has always wanted to see the Dapper Dans and it had never worked out on previous trips so we were determined to see them today. While we were waiting for them to start, the boys headed over to the Plaza ice cream shop for root beer floats. The Dapper Dans were terrific and the boys even got into the show. After they finished, we headed over to Carousel of Progress and a last ride on the People Mover. DS2 and DS3 wanted to do Stitch so we went with them while DS1 opted out. He was definitely the smart one! By this point we were all ready for lunch so we headed over towards our favourite, Columbia Harbour House!

I had one thing on my mind..... the Lighthouse Sandwich! I loved it; crunchy brocoli slaw, creamy hummus and multigrain bread with the house made chips. This was so good!
IMG_2127.JPG
DH went for the lobster roll which was fabulous. Lots of big chunks of fresh lobster, very lightly dressed on a soft white roll. This disappeared quickly!
IMG_2128.JPG
DS1 went for the chicken nuggets and fries which were pretty basic but he enjoyed it.
IMG_2126.JPG
DS2 went with the winner of all the meals, the salmon with couscous and broccoli. This was amazing for a CS meal. The broccoli was tender crisp, the couscous was full of flavour and the salmon was moist and yummy. I would definitely chose this next time.
IMG_2129.JPG
DS3 picked the fish and chips which he really enjoyed. The fish was nice and flaky with a very thin batter and the fries were crisp and hot.
IMG_2125.JPG
Columbia Harbour House was a winner yet again for us! Great value and a nice quiet respite in the middle of MK. After finishing our meal, we watched Banjo Bob for a while. DH and DS1 decided to head back to the YC, while the twins and I headed off to play on Tom Sawyer's Island.

Next up is our last night dinner at Chefs de France!

We are going to Yak and Yeti for the first time on our trip in a few weeks. Your meals looked delicious! And such generous servings. I may need to just get an appetizer and dessert.

We love Columbia Harbor House too and go every time we are at MK. It's just too delicious to miss.

Great reviews! Thanks for sharing.

Great to have you along! Writing about Disney always helps the magic last a little longer. :)

We are going to Yak and Yeti for the first time on our trip in a few weeks. Your meals looked delicious! And such generous servings. I may need to just get an appetizer and dessert.
The portions are HUGE... you'd definitely be fine doing appies and dessert. I really wanted to try the the green beans with the chili dipping sauce but I knew there'd be no way we'd be able to fit them in. I hope you enjoy your meal there!

We love Columbia Harbor House too and go every time we are at MK. It's just too delicious to miss.
CHH is always a winner for us......I am sure I'll be popping in there during my August trip. What is your favourite thing to order?

Great to have you along! Writing about Disney always helps the magic last a little longer. :)

The portions are HUGE... you'd definitely be fine doing appies and dessert. I really wanted to try the the green beans with the chili dipping sauce but I knew there'd be no way we'd be able to fit them in. I hope you enjoy your meal there!

CHH is always a winner for us......I am sure I'll be popping in there during my August trip. What is your favourite thing to order?
Well, I love the fish & chips & salmon. I don't think I've tried anything else.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The truffle fries!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So insanely good, right???

Both the lobster roll and the salmon at CHH are favs of mine. This place has always been a solid CS for us.

I think I am going to definitely going for that salmon in August. I'm not a lobster fan at all (shocking for a girl from Prince Edward Island, I know!) but I never developed a liking for it. The bits of DS's salmon that I stole were super yummy!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The truffle fries!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So insanely good, right???

Is it sad to say I have dreamed about those truffle fries since returning from our trip?? So, so good!!!!!

After returning from our super fun afternoon at MK, the boys and I headed down for one last swim at Stormalong Bay! Of course no visit to SAB is complete without a Sunken Treasure! Yum......

After getting ready, we were off for our last dinner at Chefs de France! I had a purchase to make before dinner so I headed over a little bit earlier than the boys. You see, when DH and I were at dinner at Narcoosees, he had asked me what I would like for my upcoming 50th birthday and then suggested a Disney trip! Well, what is a girl to say to that but a resounding yes please! I thought it would be probably be cheaper to upgrade my current hopper ticket than buy a new one for the August trip. So, off I went to get this..........
IMG_2146.JPG
My first premium annual pass!! So, so excited! I am going back solo in August and staying at the Boardwalk. Can't wait! I met up with DH and the boys and we made our way over to Chefs de France. We had an awesome server and a wonderful table with a partial view of the fireworks. DS2 decided to be adventuresome this evening and was talking about trying escargot.....After checking out the menus, he thought he'd follow through with his plan!
IMG_2136.JPG
He loved them! We were all enjoying the crusty baguette as well with salted butter.
IMG_2135.JPG
DS3 decided to go with prix fixe menu and chose the lobster bisque as his appetizer. He loved this and found nice pieces of lobster throughout.
IMG_2137.JPG
Dh and I both went with french onion soup as our appetizer although this was so rich it could have easily been a main. There was a ton of gruyere cheese in here with the bread, onions and broth. It was absolutely delicious! I only managed about half as I didn't want to fill up before our main courses.
IMG_2138.JPG
DS1 was not feeling the best this evening and chose not to go with an appetizer. He and DS2 both settled on the macaroni au gratin for their main course. This was creamy and yummy but so, so rich. They could have easily split this and had plenty.
IMG_2145.JPG
DH loves duck so his main was an easy choice. He loved the cherry sauce and found it paired really well with the tender duck breast.
IMG_2143.JPG
DS1 chose the salmon with rice pilaf and asparagus. The salmon was perfectly cooked with a lovely lemon caper sauce and he loved it!
IMG_2144.JPG
I went with the roasted half chicken with mashed potatoes and broccoli. The chicken was tender and juicy with a nice crispy skin. The broccoli was a perfect tender crisp and the potatoes lovely and creamy. This is a HUGE portion and could easily have been split by two people. I was able to finish about 1/2 even though I felt guilty about wasting so much food.
IMG_2142.JPG
As both DS2 and I had ordered the prix fixe menu, we were entitled to two desserts. DH and and I split the creme brulee which was fabulous with a perfect sugar crust. The boys split the profiteroles and loved them. The chocolate sauce on these was amazing! Poor DS1 had headed back to the hotel by this point as he just wanted to go and lie down. The twins, DH and I headed off to enjoy EMH at Epcot! We all loved Chefs de France and will definitely be back to enjoy another meal there in the future.

Totals for Friday, March 18th:
Les Halles: $14.70
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor: $15.95
Columbia Harbour House: $66.05
Chefs de France: $192.84
Total: $289.54
Saving vs using DDP: $28.96

Final wrap and cost comparisons coming up next!

I love Chefs de France! We loved when the used to bring Remy around! Sad they don't do that anymore!

Sadly, our magical trip had to come to an end....... don't you hate having to return to the real world??? We had an amazing time and ate and drank very well! Doing the Garden Grocer order for snacks and breakfast items saved us quite a lot. We ordered water, OJ, milk, cereal, fruit, kind bars and chips for a total of $88.00. The water alone probably saved us about $63 as it was $8.50 for a case of 24 while it would have been $3 each in the parks.

Our favourite snacks:

DH and I: Truffle Fries at Crews Cup!
Boys: Mickey pretzels

Favourite meal:

DH: Chefs de France
Me: Narcoosees
Boys: Sci Fi Drive In

The DDP would have cost our family of 5 $2229.50 for the week. Our total OOP costs for the week were $1647.02 for a savings of $582.48!!!! With three teenagers, we loved the flexibility offered by going OOP and certainly did not lack for anything. I'll be doing the same for my upcoming solo trip in August for sure.

Thanks to everyone for reading along, it is always great to relive all the fun we had by sharing it with others! :)

Great job on your DR. I enjoyed following along! I'm with you that the DP just doesn't make sense for the way I like to do Disney and I think the savings with going OOP is always nice to see. Next time, I need to make sure to order water bottles. That's the one thing I slipped on that would have been nice to have in the room.

Hope your return back to reality wasn't too harsh!

We love Chefs de France, it has always been a hit for us! Plus I love looking out the window and people watch while dining. I am so sad the party is over!! Until next time....

Great job on your DR. I enjoyed following along! I'm with you that the DP just doesn't make sense for the way I like to do Disney and I think the savings with going OOP is always nice to see. Next time, I need to make sure to order water bottles. That's the one thing I slipped on that would have been nice to have in the room.

Hope your return back to reality wasn't too harsh!
Thanks for joining in! I am easing the pain of returning to reality by planning a solo trip to celebrate my upcoming 50th birthday!

Great report and such an interesting take on the dining plan. I had fun following along!

Thanks so much! Glad you followed along....I enjoyed doing the report!

We love Chefs de France, it has always been a hit for us! Plus I love looking out the window and people watch while dining. I am so sad the party is over!! Until next time....

I'm sad it's over too, Lori. I'll just have to live vicariously through everyone lucky enough to be there in the next few months. Looking forward to my trip in August for sure. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter