jungle cruise themed restaurant coming to mk

Also this. I think mk is second only to Epcot with cs places I like, but in my opinion Mk is sorely lacking in ts options. Bog is fabulous but it's harder than fort knox to get into for dinner.

Cp is Ok, but I'm not a huge fan of the dinner food and for the prices they charge I've only eaten there once.

Tony's is OK but not really a must do. Ltt was better with the characters. The plaza is just kind of boring to me.

There are the monorail resorts ts, but I don't always want to leave the park.

So I'm pretty excited for a new Mk ts, especially this one.
I completely agree. In fact, my husband and I were discussing this just last night. I really enjoy the counter service restaurants at Magic Kingdom but the table service needs some work. This isn't to say that Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table aren't beautiful, Crystal Palace isn't fun, etc. However, at every other park, we have a go-to restaurant or two. I'm hoping that this might be ours at MK.

I completely agree. In fact, my husband and I were discussing this just last night. I really enjoy the counter service restaurants at Magic Kingdom but the table service needs some work. This isn't to say that Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table aren't beautiful, Crystal Palace isn't fun, etc. However, at every other park, we have a go-to restaurant or two. I'm hoping that this might be ours at MK.

Sweet, I didn't even remember eating at the castle, that's another hard to get super pricey one.

I'm thinking it is going to be less like a Rainforest Cafe and more like a camp for the skippers. I'm imagining a restaurant that looks a lot like the queue of the ride and doesn't really have the animals. I'm thinking that the names of the foods will have some sort of poor skippers on a budget theme. For example, there might be "don't be a zebra" on the menu that tastes remarkably like steak. The shrimp might be "today's insects". You know? And the skippers will make comments about what you eat. If you get the water, they might talk about how they have to filter the water that is home to the largest array of rare tropical bacteria. I'm thinking it will be more jokes and such rather than an atmospheric experience.

I don't think it will look like a Rainforest Cafe either.

I was seriously scared they were going to stick another Rainforest Cafe in there though, after the Sunglass Hut.

I don't think it will look like a Rainforest Cafe either.

I was seriously scared they were going to stick another Rainforest Cafe in there though, after the Sunglass Hut.

This Jungle Cruise/Skipper's Cantina is supposed to be along the same lines as the 50's Primetime Cafe at the Hollywood Studio and the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge, basically simple theme with entertaining staff, but no special effects or characters

The Diamond Horseshoe on the other hand will probably be getting some kind of new show for its stage though

I hope they use male skippers as servers. I don't find the female skippers particularly funny. Even telling the same lame jokes.....Same goes with the Great Movie Ride. The female gangsters named Mugsy take me out of the experience. Does anyone else feel this way. Or am I just a sexist pig? I do prefer female servers at 50's Prime Time Café and the Sci Fi Dine In. Maybe I'm just a traditionalist....

I hope they use male skippers as servers. I don't find the female skippers particularly funny. Even telling the same lame jokes.....Same goes with the Great Movie Ride. The female gangsters named Mugsy take me out of the experience. Does anyone else feel this way. Or am I just a sexist pig? I do prefer female servers at 50's Prime Time Café and the Sci Fi Dine In. Maybe I'm just a traditionalist....

You have not had the same female skippers I've had. A female is tied for my absolute favorite skipper of all time.

I was practically on the floor of the boat with her delivery. She was also the first one I'd heard who did the 'I'm just kidding... I don't have a boyfriend' line.

It's really all in the delivery, and she had it down.

Just for the record, my other favorite skipper was a guy. We were on the ride around 2 am and he had just lost it and was so crazy. When we went through the tunnel he hummed small world and recited the acid trip Charlie and the chocolate factory boat ride speech.

I think it sounds fun and would go perfect in that area. We go in early October this year so will probably miss out, but look forward to checking it out next year!

I think lunch ADR's were necessary at BOG. If this new restaurant has limited indoor seating, is extremely popular, and guests demand to eat their QS meals inside the restaurant, I think ADR's might be necessary too. Normally ordering QS just guarantees you the food you paid for. At BOG, guests want the food they paid for and a seat inside the restaurant.

This is fantastic news! I like the idea of a jungle cruise themed restaurant much much better than something featuring Tiana. Enough with the princesses already! lol Besides, Tiana's story takes place in New Orleans. Not really a good fit for Adventureland. Jungle Cruise is a Disney classic. Can't wait for this one.

Also this. I think mk is second only to Epcot with cs places I like, but in my opinion Mk is sorely lacking in ts options. Bog is fabulous but it's harder than fort knox to get into for dinner.

Cp is Ok, but I'm not a huge fan of the dinner food and for the prices they charge I've only eaten there once.

Tony's is OK but not really a must do. Ltt was better with the characters. The plaza is just kind of boring to me.

There are the monorail resorts ts, but I don't always want to leave the park.

So I'm pretty excited for a new Mk ts, especially this one.

I agree that MK has needed another TS restaurant and have said so for quite some time. I hope this turns out to be really good.

We're actually having dinner on our last night at The Plaza because I didn't want to spend a whole lot but wanted an ADR and not a QS (and we're doing H&V at HS that morning for breakfast). I've never eaten there and am OK with boring if the food is decent.

Who asked for this? A jungle cruise restaurant...???

Tianas would have been awesome with that Southern style / swamp theme it would have been perfect.

Tiana's would be great, but not in Adventureland. It just doesn't fit. Jungle Cruise has always been one of my favorite reides and I think jungle Cruise themed restaurant is a great idea.

Would pay good money for this. I'm loving the queue music/radio loop.

There really are a lot of great details in the queue if you look for them.

This is fantastic news! I like the idea of a jungle cruise themed restaurant much much better than something featuring Tiana. Enough with the princesses already! lol Besides, Tiana's story takes place in New Orleans. Not really a good fit for Adventureland. Jungle Cruise is a Disney classic. Can't wait for this one.

Agree! Wish it was opening earlier. We'll miss it on our trip.

I think lunch ADR's were necessary at BOG. If this new restaurant has limited indoor seating, is extremely popular, and guests demand to eat their QS meals inside the restaurant, I think ADR's might be necessary too. Normally ordering QS just guarantees you the food you paid for. At BOG, guests want the food they paid for and a seat inside the restaurant.

I agree that the lunch ADR's at BOG were definitely necessary, but I think these new dining options are meant to divert some of the crowds away from BOG and relate more to the Dining Plans than the ADRs. They're been giving people special dining options other than BOG by adding ADR seating at Casey's and the Plaza for "fireworks viewing" as well as a fireworks dessert party at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Adding some special entertainment to the Adventurland Veranda and Diamond Horseshoe gives people something to do with their sit down Dining Plan option besides BOG, and at the same time the large CS restaurants like Cosmic Ray's, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Pecos Bill's, remain in the CS option on the Dining Plan

I agree that the lunch ADR's at BOG were definitely necessary, but I think these new dining options are meant to divert some of the crowds away from BOG and relate more to the Dining Plans than the ADRs. They're been giving people special dining options other than BOG by adding ADR seating at Casey's and the Plaza for "fireworks viewing" as well as a fireworks dessert party at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Adding some special entertainment to the Adventurland Veranda and Diamond Horseshoe gives people something to do with their sit down Dining Plan option besides BOG, and at the same time the large CS restaurants like Cosmic Ray's, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Pecos Bill's, remain in the CS option on the Dining Plan

Not to get too off topic but what do you mean by Casey's fireworks ADR?

I don't really know where tiana's would thematically fit in Mk. it doesn't really fit with frontierland, adventureland or liberty square. I think it makes most sense in New Orleans Square in DLR..maybe retheming cafe Orleans or riverbelle terrace

Oh, and forgot to add...I'm excited about a jungle cruise restaurant. That would be a must do ADR for sure :)

I totally agree with you.

I'm not sure about this restaurant, but I agree about the Great Movie Ride and Jungle Cruise. I also haven't enjoyed the female drivers we've had on the safari at AK. I think there is a "believability" factor and it's just more believable that gangsters, skippers and safari drivers would be guys.

Not to get too off topic but what do you mean by Casey's fireworks ADR?

Oh sorry, I meant the Ice Cream Parlor and the Plaza Restaurant, I guess Casey's doesn't offer ADR, or a fireworks special in their new outdoor seating area. But you could make and ADR for the Plaza at the same time as the Fireworks and watch them from your seat (if you could get a window seat) and the Ice Cream Shop used to have a special that got you fireworks seating down by the moat front of the Plaza, but since the new FP+ Fireworks area is right on top of were that used to be, and they expanded the outdoor seating for the Plaza, I'm not sure where you get the Fireworks special on the Plaza side

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter