• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jungle Cruise Breakfast

Who would want to get up before 5:30 to eat breakfast? :crazy2: If I ate breakfast that early, I would get sooo sick! And then $300 bucks a person? That would be $2700 for our entire party to eat just one breakfast while we're there. No thank you! I can think of tons of other things that don't involve getting up in the middle of the night to eat breakfast on the Jungle Cruise. (Disney Dooney's I'm looking at you! ;) )

I'd do it for my oldest and I if they had it going during our trip.

It's a unique experience which is worth it in the eye of the beholder.

It is a money grab, but it is also a somewhat special opportunity, just like the BB one is. Which one it is, well that is in the eye of the beholder. The BB sounded so fun, but their food is only ok and $450 for that experience does not interest me. I love the jungle cruise and breakfast sounds amazing, but eating among the animatronics, well that is not incentive enough to have me spend $900 to take my family. Now no lie, if they offered me breakfast in the haunted mansion with a tour and such, I would likely jump on that in a heartbeat (although I might ditch the family for it..hah). So for me these seem like money grabs, but only because my ideal opportunity has not yet been offered.

I'd do it for my oldest and I if they had it going during our trip.

It's a unique experience which is worth it in the eye of the beholder.

Both of the above comments are very accurate. Money issues aside (some people will have the extra money and some won't have it, even if they desperately want to attend these sorts of events), it is totally in the eye of the beholder. Some things are going to be more interesting to some people, and other things won't be.

This Jungle Cruise experience is a bit more interesting to me than the paid-event-within-the-paid-event that is the Blue Bayou experience during MHP. For some, the Blue Bayou experience will be much more appealing (not to mention less expensive) than the Jungle Cruise. However, at $300 the Jungle Cruise experience is not going to be an option for me. It's interesting, but not that interesting to me.

If Disney decides to start hosting breakfasts inside the Haunted Mansion or inside POTC (not at the Blue Bayou, but actually in the POTC ride), then I will be much more tempted and I will find it much more "worth it."

Wow, I heard about this briefly, but I had no idea how expensive it would be. Even if I had the money, I don't think I could make myself spend it on this. Yes, it would be amazing. But $300 worth of amazing? I'm not so sure. I didn't even go to the Tahitian Terrace/Polynesian thing held over the summer and that had a lot more value in it to my personal memories and fondness.

I think this sounds awesome. Not something I plan to do. But breakfast in an attraction? How cool is that! And no impact on operations for regular guests. That's a win win. Can't wait to hear trip reports on this!

I think this sounds awesome. Not something I plan to do. But breakfast in an attraction? How cool is that! And no impact on operations for regular guests. That's a win win. Can't wait to hear trip reports on this!

Seeing that this takes place on select dates from September 21 to December 2, 2015, and the holiday season begins on 11/13/15, the jury is still out on whether or not this means that Jingle Cruise is not returning this year. Last year I know that the overlay installation took much longer than it took in 2013, simply because there were so many more decorations and holiday details to add in and they needed to close the ride to install them. In 2013 the ride never had to close, but the overlay was minimal to install. I tend to think that Jingle Cruise won't happen this year, if a breakfast is happening on certain dates up until December 2nd, but we'll find out soon enough. Since I'm not doing the Jungle Cruise breakfast, obviously I'd rather have Jingle Cruise back again -- but the breakfast will be interesting and exciting for those who do it, for sure!

I will be in San Diego in two weeks for business from Wed night till Friday afternoon. I'm planning on swinging up Thursday morning and doing this. Yay... Sadly I'll have to head back to San Diego afterwards, but it's going to be a fun time regardless.

We paid 250 dollars to eat at Club 33. And my husband had glorified spaghetti. Lol! We got a lot of teasing about that. I have always wanted to eat there, so I did it. I don't particularly like the jungle cruise, so I wouldn't do this. I would love to see what it's like, though!

glorified spaghetti.

he-chose-poorly.jpg

;)

Everyone makes choices! For some, this will be great. Personally, I'd consider it. I've done a 530am breakfast where we learned about horticulture at the park (I think it was $250 pp.) We got to help prune bushes, we planted flowers out in front of the park (I worked on the planter to the right of the entrance) and we rode the Jungle Cruise where they explained how the work was done at night, how all the areas have plants that represent the area of the jungle they are in, how they water, etc.... We got several cool gifts, that included a piece of bamboo cut from the Jungle Cruise forest. To me, it was well worth it! It was great being in the park pre opening and seeing all that was going on.

I'll let you know if I felt it was worth the price when it's over. I'm going solo though.
Take a few pictures for us.
Have a safe trip as you cruze through at 5:30am.
I hope the weather is perfect that morning

I definitely don't consider this a "cash grab". You don't have to do this at all and it doesn't even disturb any other guests at all due to the time it's being held. If people are willing to pay for experiences like this, then Disney will keep creating them. It's no different than an "extra" for anything else.

I definitely don't consider this a "cash grab". You don't have to do this at all and it doesn't even disturb any other guests at all due to the time it's being held. If people are willing to pay for experiences like this, then Disney will keep creating them. It's no different than an "extra" for anything else.
It's semantics. Why I consider it a cash grab is because Disney sees an opportunity to cash in on basically nothing by creating an "experience" and charging a lot of money for it. The fact that it is limited increases the appeal and both the high price and the exclusivity lead to heightened demand. If people think it's super cool, that's fine. I get that. To me, though, it's a Disney money grab. It costs them practically zip and I'm thinking we'll be seeing more of these kinds of elite opportunities since they go over like gangbusters. I'm worried that more experiences will become the domain of the monied, which bothers me. While I *could* pay, I am ethically balking at it. Again, though, it may be hitting a special note with some that makes them see it as worthwhile, and I'd pay to have breakfast on the terrace in Walt's apartment. Or anywhere else in Walt's apartment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter