Jungle Book/Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout thread for Dates After Sept 5th

Officially a month away from our trip today and although I'm happy that AK got extended, I'd love to know if they'll extend hours or not again (our AK day is 9/7). I really hope they just let us know what's happening soon.

Okay well we cannot wait for Disney to get their act together. We booked Tiffins for 5:55 PM (with a 5:00 PM stated closing time) hoping that they'll extend hours, and that we'll be able to switch to RoL Dining Package if we'd like to, when the time comes.

Following, We are hoping its open by the time we go at the end of September!

What a way to celebrate entering into the double digits--what fun! :) Do you have your big reveal planned?

So looking forward to information being released on all things AK!!

Okay well we cannot wait for Disney to get their act together. We booked Tiffins for 5:55 PM (with a 5:00 PM stated closing time) hoping that they'll extend hours, and that we'll be able to switch to RoL Dining Package if we'd like to, when the time comes.

I did the same but with Tusker House.

We did the same. Not sure at all what we'll do when the announce what will actually be happening on our day in November, but I'd be OK with just ending our day with dinner here if it comes to that.

We did the same. Not sure at all what we'll do when the announce what will actually be happening on our day in November, but I'd be OK with just ending our day with dinner here if it comes to that.
Did the same a while back. It's my boyfriend's birthday, as long as we have Tiffins I'm happy, the show would be a bonus.

Someone please bring me up to speed, which restaurants are in the RoL package? Are there any lunches or is it dinners only?

Someone please bring me up to speed, which restaurants are in the RoL package? Are there any lunches or is it dinners only?
There is no ROL package yet. The Jungle Book package is for Tusker House or Tiffins. Lunch, and even breakfast at TH are allowed. The times not allowed are times too close to the show time (less than 2 1/2 hours).

There is no ROL package yet. The Jungle Book package is for Tusker House or Tiffins. Lunch, and even breakfast at TH are allowed. The times not allowed are times too close to the show time (less than 2 1/2 hours).

Also, there are no shows (JB or ROL) after Sept 5th thus no dining packages offered either.

This group is waiting for further information and dates to be announced but so far nothing. Wishing they would as the current end date is now getting closer.

At 30 days and starting to get annoyed since I can't make plans for that night. (9/12)

I'm in the same boat as you and have decided I'm going to plan based on what is published and not expecting any changes. Going to make the best of it and be pleasantly surprised if they offer anything different. I have a feeling we're going to be in a gap between JB and RoL.

I'm in the same boat as you and have decided I'm going to plan based on what is published and not expecting any changes. Going to make the best of it and be pleasantly surprised if they offer anything different. I have a feeling we're going to be in a gap between JB and RoL.
You may be right. with attendance down they may not think it is worth it to pay all of that cast to have a show that has the reputation for being mediocre. AK was open all this time without a nighttime show, what is a few more months?

Here's the weird thing though - the light projection on the tree is complete and a big deal (as well as a pretty big investment) and the Safari ride is all set up for evenings, yet in October for example the park currently closes right at sunset (7pm), that makes no sense even if there isn't a JB or ROL show. I think they are just dragging their feet on making decisions. Made our 60 day FP+ today, frustrating to know I'm going to have to watch the announcements daily to jump on changes when they finally serve their customers. This could have been avoided even without announcing ROL.

Post September 5 guests are in a similar situation @aroundtheriverbend. My family really wants to see the Tree of Life show as we've heard it's amazing but AK closes only 15 mins after sunset. Will any of it be shown in that short window? I sure hope so but just don't know. ☹️

Right now, for our Thanksgiving week trip, the announced park close time is 6:00, with sunset at 5:30. I'm assuming there will be some sort of hours extension, so that it will not close earlier than 7, and going with that. If there is a nighttime show or the park is open until 9, that will be a bonus.

Hopefully Disney will give people some info soon. Not great on their part that people have to book stuff so far in advance but they don't give us all the info to do so straightforwardly.
I'm hoping we hear something soon and going to watch this thread with interest .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter