Jungle Book/Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout thread for Dates After Sept 5th

I know how you feel. I really want to see it but if it opens during our trip or shortly before I'm afraid it will make AK extra busy.

Just made my FP+ selections at 7am today and no FP available for either ROL or JB for end of Sept thru first wk of Oct. So no AK evening show for this time period unless they roll it out last minute.

Equity contracts are typically ~6 months. They had some June auditions for Jungle Book dancers, and the audition stated that the performance was "through Labor Day."

The JB auditions didn't have the same sort of requirements.

So it really depends on if they were hiring the same "types" of dancers, and what they think their re-sign rate would be if the idea is they would keep the dancers currently contracted into September. If those dancers don't have some sort of promise of extension, they're absolutely all looking for the next gig in their free time!
I'm totally confused here. The jungle book auditions stated through labor day but the JB auditions didn't have the same requirements? Is JB Jungle Book in both cases? just trying to understand, lol. esp as impacting my early december trip :) Can you please explain more slowly for the sleep deprived single mother contingent? lol

I'm totally confused here. The jungle book auditions stated through labor day but the JB auditions didn't have the same requirements? Is JB Jungle Book in both cases? just trying to understand, lol. esp as impacting my early december trip :) Can you please explain more slowly for the sleep deprived single mother contingent? lol
Sorry. The Jungle Book dancer auditions didn't have the wildly specific requirements the original RoL auditions did. The RoL auditions had specific body type requests (particularly height) that were absent for the last round of Jungle Book auditions.

Which is to say: Jungle Book welcomed short dancers; RoL was into giraffes. So a Jungle Book dancer might not easily slot into RoL.

sorry dont mean to be a pest lol im just super excited and dont want to miss when they announce this!! gotta jump on the dining package when it comes. im surprised they havent at least done the jungle book dinner package. i wish they would say why

I just read somewhere (I can't find the article now) that the rumor is that ROL might very well start in Fall. It was a new article from today or yesterday. Don't know how true it is. If I can track it down I'll post it.

I wonder if they are trying to get it up and running for the DVC parties in September as well.

Is it wrong to hope that any announcement holds off until my 30 day fast pass window opens in 23 days :)

I would love a shot at seeing ROL! Saw jungle book a few weeks ago. Meh

I wonder if they are trying to get it up and running for the DVC parties in September as well.

Oh what DVC parties in September? We are traveling with a friend who owns DVC in September but he is always out of the loop when it comes to parties and stuff.

They are on the 4 Thursdays (I think) in September and they are at AK. I think they are sold out though, but they may have waiting lists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter