• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jungle Book/Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout thread for Dates After Sept 5th

See, my concern there is still performer contracts.

The new adds to the audition calendar are for performers for the new Muppets thing (October), and Spirit of Aloha dancers. Nothing suggesting RoL casting...

I'm so disappointed that nothing has changed yet!!
I was hoping that since today in August 1st that maybe News would finally come about ROL dining packages or an extension of Jungle Book (would rather ROL).
so frustrating!!!

See, my concern there is still performer contracts.

The new adds to the audition calendar are for performers for the new Muppets thing (October), and Spirit of Aloha dancers. Nothing suggesting RoL casting...

Contracts can be bought out. All a contract does is say that those performers have to be paid not that they actually have to perform. I'm sure Disney is good at getting out of their contracts even though they are Equity. They could have easily written a clause in them. ROL casting could have even been done on the DL in the midst of other casting or they even just offered contracts to the people who already auditioned so it never went up on the audition calendar.

Will ROL have performers also? I thought it would be more like the World of Color in DL, where it's just Projections, lasers on the tree.

Sorry. The Jungle Book dancer auditions didn't have the wildly specific requirements the original RoL auditions did. The RoL auditions had specific body type requests (particularly height) that were absent for the last round of Jungle Book auditions.

Which is to say: Jungle Book welcomed short dancers; RoL was into giraffes. So a Jungle Book dancer might not easily slot into RoL.
Thanks. so it is your opinion (if I understand correctly) that RoL is still a ways out since they haven't called for auditions and the types were so different from JB to RoL they just can't put them into one show from the other.

ugh im hoping something is announced soon. disney knows that its fans are big planners since dining has to be made 180 days out so its killing me that i dont know if there will be some kind of night show there. i know i have time to book it if something is announced since no one can do anything right now its just annoying lol also if nothing will be at night at AK my family would make a new ressie at disney springs like we normally do AK days and if i knew what was going to happen i would make a ressie

ugh im hoping something is announced soon. disney knows that its fans are big planners since dining has to be made 180 days out so its killing me that i dont know if there will be some kind of night show there. i know i have time to book it if something is announced since no one can do anything right now its just annoying lol also if nothing will be at night at AK my family would make a new ressie at disney springs like we normally do AK days and if i knew what was going to happen i would make a ressie
I would make one as a backup. There is no downside and you can cancel without penalty

I would make one as a backup. There is no downside and you can cancel without penalty

I did this last week as I'm pretty sure if there is no nighttime show at AK and the closing remains at 7:30 with a 7:15 sunset time, our family will skip AK this year as we were really going to partake in the new nighttime experiences. There's not a lot we can do in 15 mins. ;)

I did this last week as I'm pretty sure if there is no nighttime show at AK and the closing remains at 7:30 with a 7:15 sunset time, our family will skip AK this year as we were really going to partake in the new nighttime experiences. There's not a lot we can do in 15 mins. ;)
I am so focused on my trip all I could think is "what? sunset is around 5:30!!" lol I'm going in December.

There are so many other things I want to do I have pretty much decided that even if RoL opens that I will not be at AK nighttime this trip. With the reviews on the new star wars show, that has taken the place of my planned AK evening. It is tough during the times of year when you have to have dinner super early in order to experience the nighttime shows at AK and HS and dining is a part of our trip too. So I have more than one Illuminations planned and also more than one Wishes planned, both at more like 9pm - but to do anything around 7pm with a 5pm signature dinner is impossible. AK is going to be undergoing so many changes, I think it would not be the end of the world if I just saved it for our next trip in 2-4 years (might do a cruise in between). But maybe that is a bit of sour grapes for not being able to fit it all in :)

Just made my FP+ selections at 7am today and no FP available for either ROL or JB for end of Sept thru first wk of Oct. So no AK evening show for this time period unless they roll it out last minute.

Me too.... and my finger's are crossed they do! I have no problems rearranging my plans.

I'm waiting for November plans. We went back at the end of April/first of May when ROL was originally supposed to open and I was checking every morning back then. Here I am again!

I'm waiting for November plans. We went back at the end of April/first of May when ROL was originally supposed to open and I was checking every morning back then. Here I am again!

Yes, we were there that time too, and waiting with bated breath. At the time we were philosophical about it and were simply thankful that we were lucky to be going back this year (we are from the UK so that is a big deal!) and could see it in October, and yet here I am in the same situation *sigh*

Last edited:
Following for end of November... I'm really hoping they give some info before it's time to book Fastpasses because it really makes a difference in how we plan our limited park days!

Following for end of November... I'm really hoping they give some info before it's time to book Fastpasses because it really makes a difference in how we plan our limited park days!

That would be nice but sadly I would not count on it. There are many here who are well withing their FP+ booking window and since we don't really know what's happening (if anything) after Sept 5th we've had to book our FP+ ressies to the best of our ability and will change if/when necessary.

For myself I booked ours with the intent that either JB or RoL will be showing and that park hours will eventually be extended. If not, I'm pretty sure we're going to skip AK this year as the current window between sunset and park closing is SO small (15 mins) that we won't really be able to take advantage of the new nighttime offerings (Tree of Life, Safari at dusk) which is truly why we were choosing to go back to AK this year. It's a personal decision for each group but that what it's looking like for us right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter