• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*June/July 'Beach Bod' Dieting Thread*

Well done everyone. You're all doing so well.

Count me in I need extra motivation and support. Been trying to lose for a while now but I've been up and down like a yo yo! I lost 1 stone on Slim Fast before I went to London in April but then three London trips later I managed to put it all back on. Lost a further 7ibs the past two weeks but from Monday I will be going on the South Beach Diet.

I ideally want to lose 2 Stone before October (my sisters wedding) and a further stone before next September when we go to Florida.

I go to the gym five times a week and also do Zumba and jogging (when the weather is nice). So hopefully I should start to see the weight drop off. :thumbsup2

Well done everyone. You're all doing so well.

Count me in I need extra motivation and support. Been trying to lose for a while now but I've been up and down like a yo yo! I lost 1 stone on Slim Fast before I went to London in April but then three London trips later I managed to put it all back on. Lost a further 7ibs the past two weeks but from Monday I will be going on the South Beach Diet.

I ideally want to lose 2 Stone before October (my sisters wedding) and a further stone before next September when we go to Florida.

I go to the gym five times a week and also do Zumba and jogging (when the weather is nice). So hopefully I should start to see the weight drop off. :thumbsup2

:wave2: Welcome to our dieting thread Jackie. It already sounds like you're already doing well in the exercise side of getting healthy, so I hope the South Beach Diet helps with the weight, what kind of things does it say to eat or avoid ? :wizard: Lots of luck hun

For the first two weeks it is carbs/dairy and Alcohol and then after the first two weeks you are allowed to introduce them back in but in limited portions.

I actually love getting the exercise usually helps me unwind after a hard day's work and Zumba is so much fun. :)

Hi ladies :goodvibes I'd love to join in please as I feel motivated just from reading these pages. You're all doing so well and all support helps doesn't it :hug:

I'm going to Disney in September and I'd like to lose about 2 stone by then. It feels like such a big aim but I hope I'll get there if I stay focused.

Diet wise I'm a juicer! I follow the Jason Vale juice plan which means getting up early every morning and making a right racket in the kitchen juicing down all the fruit and veggies for the day. I have 3 juices during the day (really filling) and a healthy dinner. The first week I did it I lost 7 lbs!

Exercise is always a battle for me. I love it when I start but it's the getting started! I zumba and go to the gym a few times a week. DH is also teaching me to play squash at the moment. Really tiring and I'm covered in bruises but hopefully worth it!

I lost 3.5 lbs tonight so very pleased with that.:goodvibes
Good luck we can do this!:banana:

For the first two weeks it is carbs/dairy and Alcohol and then after the first two weeks you are allowed to introduce them back in but in limited portions.

I actually love getting the exercise usually helps me unwind after a hard day's work and Zumba is so much fun. :)

:wizard: Good Luck Jackie, I will be very interested to hear how you get on over the next few weeks

Hi ladies :goodvibes I'd love to join in please as I feel motivated just from reading these pages. You're all doing so well and all support helps doesn't it :hug:

I'm going to Disney in September and I'd like to lose about 2 stone by then. It feels like such a big aim but I hope I'll get there if I stay focused.

Diet wise I'm a juicer! I follow the Jason Vale juice plan which means getting up early every morning and making a right racket in the kitchen juicing down all the fruit and veggies for the day. I have 3 juices during the day (really filling) and a healthy dinner. The first week I did it I lost 7 lbs!

Exercise is always a battle for me. I love it when I start but it's the getting started! I zumba and go to the gym a few times a week. DH is also teaching me to play squash at the moment. Really tiring and I'm covered in bruises but hopefully worth it!

:wave: Welcome to our dieting thread Claire :wizard: Good Luck with the Jason Vale plan. Try not to focus too hard on your overal loss and take it in 1/2 a stone mini targets, that way you'll reach your mini goals quicker ::yes::

It's great to see how popular Zumba is, I love it :thumbsup2

I lost 3.5 lbs tonight so very pleased with that.:goodvibes
Good luck we can do this!:banana:

:yay: Yay ! Well done Andrea, that's brilliant, well done

Well I have just weighed-in too, and I have lost 2lbs this week, I am chuffed to bits :banana:

sorry I havent kept up with this thread this week well done to everybody that has lost

I am pleased to report another 1lb loss:banana::banana:

I got my half stone award at slimming world last week!

Althought I've missed my weigh-in this week as I've been laid up with a chest infection :sick:

I got my half stone award at slimming world last week!

Althought I've missed my weigh-in this week as I've been laid up with a chest infection :sick:

:cool1: Well done on reaching your 1/2 stone award :cool1: I hope you're feeling better soonn ::yes::

Well done on all these weight losses. I'm saving my weigh day for later in the week as I only jumped on the scales on Thursday. I find it hard to resist the urge to get on them everyday.

I had my first real squash coaching session today (not just DH telling me what to do!). It was great but ooh do I hurt now. I just keep thinking about getting a peachy bum and toned thighs lol!

sorry, I've let the side down this week! Weighed in yesterday to find I'd STS. Not a disaster in itself but I feel such a failure as it means I haven't reached my goal of shifting the first stone by the end of June (only 1/2 lb short). There is no pattern to my weight loss. Since I started in April I haven't had any gains but losses range from 1/2 lb to 2lbs a week with a few weeks of STS in between. I basically do the same thing week in week out so I'm not sure why it's so erratic.

Was so fed up yesterday I had white bread and butter (well Clover Lighter) for my tea. Managed to get it all written onto my tracker and it's not done any damage. I did enjoy it but am paying the price this morning as I have had a bit of an achey tummy since I got up.

At least we'll be due a new thread on Sunday so I can put this one behind me!

Well done on all these weight losses. I'm saving my weigh day for later in the week as I only jumped on the scales on Thursday. I find it hard to resist the urge to get on them everyday.

I had my first real squash coaching session today (not just DH telling me what to do!). It was great but ooh do I hurt now. I just keep thinking about getting a peachy bum and toned thighs lol!

:wizard: Good luck with your weigh-in ::yes::

sorry, I've let the side down this week! Weighed in yesterday to find I'd STS. Not a disaster in itself but I feel such a failure as it means I haven't reached my goal of shifting the first stone by the end of June (only 1/2 lb short). There is no pattern to my weight loss. Since I started in April I haven't had any gains but losses range from 1/2 lb to 2lbs a week with a few weeks of STS in between. I basically do the same thing week in week out so I'm not sure why it's so erratic.

Was so fed up yesterday I had white bread and butter (well Clover Lighter) for my tea. Managed to get it all written onto my tracker and it's not done any damage. I did enjoy it but am paying the price this morning as I have had a bit of an achey tummy since I got up.

At least we'll be due a new thread on Sunday so I can put this one behind me!

:banana: Well done on STS Louise :wizard: Fingers crossed you get your stone next week, don't feel too bad, you've done really well

:cool1: I too have STS this week, I'm a little disappointed too as I melted in both of my zumba classes this week, so thought I'd have lost at least 1lb

good luck with your weigh in and enjoy the Squash sessions :goodvibes

me!

well done on STS im sure will reach your target next week :)

:wizard: Good luck with your weigh-in ::yes::

:cool1: I too have STS this week, I'm a little disappointed too as I melted in both of my zumba classes this week, so thought I'd have lost at least 1lb

Im sure you;ll see a loss next week Mandy:thumbsup2

Lost 1lb this week :banana:

well done :banana::banana:

I am soo pleased as I have lost 1lb again this week and I tried on a couple of pairs of trousers that I havent been able to wear for a while and they fit plus a couple of people have commented on the fact I have lost weight this week which is always a bonus :banana::banana::banana:

I am soo pleased as I have lost 1lb again this week and I tried on a couple of pairs of trousers that I havent been able to wear for a while and they fit plus a couple of people have commented on the fact I have lost weight this week which is always a bonus :banana::banana::banana:

:yay: Well done on losing another pound Rachel. I think people noticing you've lost weight is even better than seeing it on the scales ::yes::

I had been doing well lost about 3kg then put it all back on :( Im going to Disney in 8 weeks so Im starting all over again today.. no more drink/junk food I mean it this time!

Hello everyone!

Have been so inspired reading this thread so I'm taking the plunge and joining in (while eating a Belgian waffle just to get rid of it for starting to be good tomorrow:lmao:)

I joined SW in November last year and found it really suited me - I lost a stone and a half by January. Not long after that I relocated from Scotland to the West Midlands and it took me until May to join down here, luckily for me I had managed to stay the same. Since I rejoined I've had no motivation, have lost 4 1/2 lbs in 2 months and got another 11lbs to go to target! I've not following the diet very closely and have been just managed to maintain most weeks or lose 1lb here and there.

So to motivate myself I bought a beautiful pink weighted hula hoop to try hula-hooping some pounds away! Has anyone tried this? A few of my friends swear by it!

Weighing in on Thursday so fingers crossed for at least a half pound off!

Good luck everyone, looking forward to reading all your updates!

Not tried a hulahoop. Sounds a good idea though.
Well after having a rough 6weeks iv lost 13lb through stress but iv joined WW tonight. Not donenthe propoints before so will see how I get on. I have 18lb to get to target:rotfl: I need a 2lb a week loss to get to my goal before september:banana: sure there will be blips on the way.
Howmdoes anyone else find the diet? Are you hungry at all?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter