June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you could try the new value resort just for something brand new and fun. I don't think it's more than Pop.

My Outlet Buddy is staying in a Princess room...I'll get a review for you:cheer2:

My dream is to stay at POFQ someday so I'd be okay with that.

They have bell services so I believe they will bring the Owner's Locker to your room.

I hope the boys are doing better now. Critters are a lot of work and that seems to be more so from the clip I saw on the news. I believe I was watching a national news show at the time so it went nationwide to adopt the pup. I can see why you'd want them to learn to eat that way young.

Good luck planning.pixiedust:
MNSSHP...don't know...lots for airfare for just a few days. I need to play the lottery more, but I know the odds aren't in my favor!

I think it's Pinterst that you can pin the entire thread...DH says you have to be a moderator to do that. Not sure.

That's my best guest:confused3

Question for you...if you have a resort ressie and don't pay the deposit does it just cancel after the deposit is due?

I have never tried it, but my guess is they would dismiss it right out of the computer and was as if you didn't have it. Doubt they send you a notice or anything. Or at least according to the paper work. :confused3

If we were to go for a weekend for MNSSHP I'd probably stay off site. Thought about it a lot since Sunday. Too much cash for such a short time period:scared: Flights would be a lot so I'd try to save somewhere else. Food is pretty much zero except groceries for the few days we are there and tickets are covered. Only place to cut costs is the room!

unless......there is a good deal!!pixiedust:pixiedust:

the wait online to talk to anyone is a pain so I figure I just won't call back.

I finally figured out the pattern too since I was trying to figure out when they would have them in 2013.

Never on Saturdays.
Sometimes on both Fridays and Sundays, but not always.
But there is always one on Friday or Sunday every weekend in October.

EE22, But where off site. I priced the "official hotels of wdw" and still pricey. The holiday is cheapest and that is about pop prices.
Unless you have hotel points somewhere to use.
192 west is better area than regular 192. and I-drive is kinda scary.
We stayed at the holiday inn years ago and our door had about 5 locks and alot of holes in it > with signs not to open to anyone. . . . .
Research, research....

Can you use your points or buy points? for somewhere.

the party prices are kinda high too.

mky princess:

I'm thinking about trying hotels.com and see what I come up with.
I survived that place in Aurora last June:rotfl:I thought for sure DH and I were toast!! Couldn't wait for the morning:drive:

I want to save points for when the kids go with us and we need more room and I'd have to book now and to cancel would not be good as I'd have to borrow and then I have to use them before Nov 30th which wouldn't work for me at all.

I think Celebration would be nice and Mousesavers has some good deals listed now and again.

That is true, mousesavers does have some interesting deals sometimes.
I have never done one of those bid / hotel things. They scare me.
And I would NOT of recommended anywhere in aurora. ;)

Yes, that point thing is tricky. Hmmm, Maybe someday you guys can fly down and stay at our house. :thumbsup2 OOOOh we can dream can't we??

You buying one of the houses on Disney property???;)

hotels.com isn't really a bidding site.
It was by the Outlets. Thought for sure it would be fine. Not many guests there that's why. Gave me the creeps with only 4 cars in the parking lot.

Art of Animation looks fun!!

With all the trips I have made back and forth you'd think I could have come up with one along the tollway! I need to take notes the next time.
The really cheap Hampton I found on the weekends is sky high during the week and we always will have to go get DD during the week at the end of the year.

Hi MKY and EE22 - sorry to have been gone so much lately.

I am sorry to hear the boys are still struggling. Keep up the great work with them. They are lucky to have you to love them. :grouphug:

DH turned 48 today...my how fast the years have passed.

EE22 - I have stayed near the airport for the night we fly in but not offsite in a long time. We stayed at the Nikolodean the year we met up with Bug and MKY but it is best for families with little kids.

I was able to get a good rate at Portofino at Universal so I am pleased with that.

I still have a ton to learn about the parks and such as I don't seem to have a clue. :lmao:

We were busy looking at the wedding photos last night and there are some good ones. I will have to put some on a site and send the link to everyone. It was such a great day we are still talking about it! :goodvibes

Would love to see the pics Candi.

With FOTL you don't have to plan nearly as much as at WDW, but still good to know what's what.

:wave2: Hiya everyone :wave2:

Candi, nice to hear from you. Score Portofino is lovely. Or at least the last time we stayed. Out of the Universal onsites it is our favorite. The pools are fabulous. there is a sweet, large "quiet" adult pool & and very cool "theme" pool. They have a great spa if your interested. About the only thing they do NOT have is a laundry on site. So pack accordingly. ;) We loved the Italian "mama's " resturant at the resort.
Have fun. Is this your March trip? Are you planning wdw at all or not for that trip? FOTL is great. I do hope they fixed it a little. Last time we where there > we had a couple of issues where the lines merged > they didn't always have a castmember there and people who where standing "in line" waiting wheren't always accommodating with us with fotl. :confused3 Let me know if this is still the case, cause it was a bit unsettling sometimes.
Yes, would love to see pic's too. ;)

EE22, Hmmmm, yes I could of owned at least a condo with my resort $$$ for the last few years. [[another reason, we didn't dvc ]]
Only going golden oak after I win that major lottery. :confused3 Maybe I can get a tent in FW :rotfl: :lmao: But, yes we look at the "sale signs" when we ride around. Celebration would be way cool >>> but again pricey. Well, we can dream. Oh to be in a trailer park in kissessmee. is probably closer to the truth. popcorn::

mky princess:

Hi Everyone !!:angel:
Sorry Ive been sort of MIA for the last few weeks, (Since my 2 day hospital check up "Extravaganza" :upsidedow)...Ive been trying to get used to 2 meds that the doctors have tweaked on me (well one of them is a new one altogether)...and the dosing has taken a while to adjust to...YUK :crazy2:Not too much of a problem though.. considering the condition I was in this time last year !!:eek:
Anyway....I hope everyone is doing well :flower3:....we are having all sorts of weird weather here in NJ...(one day it is soooo warm...AC back on....next it is cold....I was tempted to open the heat !:rolleyes:...and all this week it was Horribly rainy and yukky :crazy:)..
MKY- hope the boys are doing well ...Im sure that with such good caretakers they are well on the way to being just Perfect again !
At this point in time I have absolutely NO idea when we are actually going to the world again....I would love love love :flower3:. to take advantage of the new DVC PAP Discount....but... in all reality , we are very up in the air of when and what month we would go right now, ( the Discounted PAP has to be activated by Dec. of `13).. and we were really going to just skip this coming year altogether....I know Mr. Tomar would love "ONCE AGAIN"...another summer by the BWV pool :beach:.....but without a good AP room discount (and that has been far and in between these days :rolleyes1) for a longer stay... who knows !!:rolleyes2
Soooo, having said that ;)...I am wishing everyone a "Happy Thursday" , and hope you all have a GREAT upcoming weekend" ! :grouphug:

Hiya Tomar, :wave2: So glad your back. I was worried about your extravaganza. Glad things are starting to even out. :hug:
I think we all just need to relax, and think positive, that ap rates will be helpful this year. Right now, wdw has a 25 to 30% general code on their website. :confused3 And I would certainly think it is busy over the holiday time, or through mvmcp. :confused3

We are definately planning to spend way less this year. April & June are only 1 week, and then our big trip will be in october. If I splurge it will be oct. Unless something comes up as a really really really pixiedust: great offer.

The boys are a slow process. And yes, the nurse in me wants to fix it. But, no matter how much we do > they are dogs. :rolleyes2 Go out in the yard 5 minutes and they are eating rocks, mud, leaves, bugs,. . . . . OMG :rolleyes2
I wish I could ground them. Or withhold their allowance. :lmao:

It is cold here. Heat has been on for days. Well, its good for the crime levels. :rotfl:
I got our house all halloween ready. Humphrey has seen and approved our chip & dale outfits. ::yes:: So we are all set for mnsshp 2013, now we have to wait a year. :scratchin

Have a great weekend all, mky princess:

Hiya Tomar, :wave2: So glad your back. I was worried about your extravaganza. Glad things are starting to even out. :hug:
I think we all just need to relax, and think positive, that ap rates will be helpful this year. Right now, wdw has a 25 to 30% general code on their website. :confused3 And I would certainly think it is busy over the holiday time, or through mvmcp. :confused3

mky princess:

Aww....MKYprincess:...Thank you so much for thinking of me:hug:....and especially for helping to put a positive spin on future Disney Planning :mickeyjum.....Glad you and Bug are in sync with your Chip and Dale costumes ...Soooo cute :cutie:
Now...Heres a little tip for you guys to choose which little fella you`d prefer...(although I know you must know this..Somehow..I seem to keep forgetting :upsidedow
Chip , has a darker pelt, a black nose and one tooth; Dale, is lighter in color, has a large red nose, and two buck teeth :thumbsup2...(I love them both) :lovestruc
I know it must...sometimes... be frustrating for the boys to stick to the rules of "Doggie Getting Better 101"...your absolutely right in that they are going to do what doggies do :rolleyes2....Hang in there, I hope it gets better and better soon !!! pixiedust:pixiedust:
Mr. Tomar and I just found out that our little Prince has to have his tonsils out on Nov. 1st :sad2:...We feel soooo bad that he has been getting "Strep" more often then not lately :sad2:...and the doc feels its just time for him to have this done :scared1: ....Guess Gramma will just be doing what she does best now...Worrying !! :scared:

Happy Weekend guys !!!:grouphug:

There is a code that goes through March 7th now too.

DD would tell you that Chip has a black nose like a chocolate chip;)

It is freezing here...flannel pjs and I'm washing the flannel sheets:faint:DS asked for another blanket too. I will have to buy him one of those thick ones they sell in the mall around the holidays. Watch this year they won't come to ours.

Sorry about the tonsils Tomar.
I hope the boys are improving mky.

:wave2: Hiya everyone :wave2:

EE22, I hear you. Its freezing here. Jedi has to wear his new pumkin sweater out cause he is so skinny. Put my mickey comforter out too.

Tomar, you have been through DGD t&a already. It is alot of work >> but will be worth it in the end. Remember, steel nerves, and push fluids, even when he doesn't want it. Hang in there.

mky princess:

Pumpkin Sweater:goodvibes

MNSSHP is still in the works...I hope we can make it work.
We'll come as husband and wife rather than Chip and Dale. I am not sure I could get DH to dress up.

Pumpkin Sweater:goodvibes

MNSSHP is still in the works...I hope we can make it work.
We'll come as husband and wife rather than Chip and Dale. I am not sure I could get DH to dress up.

You have to. Or at least get a halloween t-shirt. We got more coments when we didn't dress up. Our hx is more people do than don't.
But remember to not do something that takes up to much room in your luggage. ;)

mky :cutie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter