June 7, 2011 Alaska

I've been away for a few weeks spring breaking in Hawaii. It was fabulous.

I think I may be stressing over this too much. I am at a loss as to what to do about the hotels before the stay.

I stress out over this stuff, too. My DH thinks I'm nuts. He just doesn't get that someone makes all this magic happen. :wizard: :lmao:

Hello again everyone! Been off of the boards for a while, getting back into the swing of college academics :idea: We ARE still going on the cruise, and SO excited to see how many people are going on this cruise!!! Also, I realized I never properly introduced our cast of characters: I'm Kristin (will be 21 by the time we're cruising!), DB, Stephen (18), DM, Gretchen, and DD, Alan. /QUOTE]

Hey Flip! I will add this new information to the front page! :thumbsup2

The Wares are going on the cruise

We are Kendra, Jay and Velveth (11). We are all looking forward to celebrating Velveth's adoption and birthday:banana:

Welcome Wares! :banana: I will add your information to the front page. I will also add (FISH) next to your name. :thumbsup2

A couple of my good friends have decided to join us for this cruise. They are Kim & Bob and their 2 boys Robert (14) & Dylan (12). I think she wants to join in on the Fish Extender. Has a cut-off date been set?

I will add them to the list! Usually the cut off date is about 2 weeks before the cruise! Do you think that works???????

Hello, the Eckelberrys are cruising to Alaska on the 7th. We just found out about all the FE fun and would like to join.

:yay: Welcome! I will add your info to the front page. Along with a (FISH) which means you are participating! ;)

Happy 40th!!! :cake:party:

Will you be celebrating your actual birthday while on the cruise? I actually already turned 40 (a couple of weeks ago). But nobody said the party had to stop then!! ;)

I just turned 40. I don't plan on stopping the party. ;)

I am working on some FEE gifts and was wondering, are only the families that are listed on our group with the word Fish doing the exchange? Thanks:)

Yes (FISH) behind the names means that they are participating.

OOOOOOkay! I think I have everyone on the first page. ::yes::

Please take a look and make sure I have all of your information correct!

:fish: Remember: If you have a blue (FISH) after all your information, that means that you indicated you will be taking part in the fish game.

For those of you who would like to join in on the fun of the fish game, please let me know.

:hourglass Someone asked about the cut off date. I believe the cut off date is usually two weeks before the cruise. Please LET ME KNOW what you all think about that.

Also, I'm going to be adding some links with some helpful information to the front page. If anyone has something they would like to add, message it on over to me and I'll put it there.

I've been away for a few weeks spring breaking in Hawaii. It was fabulous.

I will add them to the list! Usually the cut off date is about 2 weeks before the cruise! Do you think that works???????

Thanks for adding my name to the list. Did you do Hawaii with Disney? My girls want this to be our next trip, but I keep hoping the will at a cruise so we can see more of the islands.

Two weeks works for me for the cut off date. Thanks for the links, being in KS I think we will fly out on the 6th.:thumbsup2

Thanks for adding my name to the list. Did you do Hawaii with Disney? My girls want this to be our next trip, but I keep hoping the will at a cruise so we can see more of the islands.

Two weeks works for me for the cut off date. Thanks for the links, being in KS I think we will fly out on the 6th.:thumbsup2

We did not do it with Disney. We would have liked to have stayed at their hotel, but it does not open until August. We went to Maui and Hawaii. Two days before our trip I got a call saying our hotel on the Big Island was washed away by the Tsunami. Yikes. I haven't been able to focus much on this trip because of that one! Now I'm ready to get to work on this! :surfweb:

I live in Pittsburgh, so we are definitely flying out on the 6th. We might stay for a day or two after.

We did not do it with Disney. We would have liked to have stayed at their hotel, but it does not open until August. We went to Maui and Hawaii. Two days before our trip I got a call saying our hotel on the Big Island was washed away by the Tsunami. Yikes. I haven't been able to focus much on this trip because of that one! Now I'm ready to get to work on this! :surfweb:

I live in Pittsburgh, so we are definitely flying out on the 6th. We might stay for a day or two after.

:sad2:Oh no, hate to hear about the HI hotel. How was the weather in HI while you were there? Rainy? We are so ready for our cruise, can't wait:yay: We live in Pittsburg, too but only in KS:)

:sad2:Oh no, hate to hear about the HI hotel. How was the weather in HI while you were there? Rainy? We are so ready for our cruise, can't wait:yay: We live in Pittsburg, too but only in KS:)

Weather was good! The usual "liquid sunshine" stuff: rain for five minutes then no trace of it except for a rainbow! :wizard:

I believe there is a Pittsburg in California as well!

Jeez!!! I was just looking at my first post! I didn't realize how long ago we booked this trip. My first post says, "my kids are 6 and 4" and next month they are turning 8 and 6. :eek:

Happy April Fool's Day everyone! Has anyone pulled off a particularly funny prank? :rotfl2:

We're getting closer everyone!!! Getting SO SO SO excited!!!

Hi everyone,

Okay, so my OCD and anal retentiveness is kicking in about this trip now that our spring break cruise is over. We did the FE exchange on that cruise also. It was a ton of fun...and we got some rockin' gifts. So much fun, we have to do it again. We did notice how many of the Fish Extenders were obviously purchased on Ebay from the same lady. That was fun to see as well as all the very creative homemade ones. Anyway, I was wondering if a spreadsheet or document will be posted breaking down the rooms by deck and breaking out the adults and kids ages and gender for the FE? It made delivering to the rooms totally easy on this last cruise (we also had over 65 people participating- about 40 rooms:scared1:). We needed a spreadsheet to keep that many straight. I was just wondering. I can always make my own doc, just to keep my head straight.
I hope everyone had a great time on their spring vacations if you went on one. We went on the Dream, and decided that we can't wait to get back to a smaller ship after that!!

Hi everyone,

Anyway, I was wondering if a spreadsheet or document will be posted breaking down the rooms by deck and breaking out the adults and kids ages and gender for the FE? It made delivering to the rooms totally easy on this last cruise (we also had over 65 people participating- about 40 rooms:scared1:). We needed a spreadsheet to keep that many straight.

I hope everyone had a great time on their spring vacations if you went on one. We went on the Dream, and decided that we can't wait to get back to a smaller ship after that!!

There are only 14 of us participating in FE so far. :lmao: BUT I can make a spreadsheet and post a link on the front page. It does make it easier. Hopefully we will have some more people join FE. :thumbsup2

We went on the maiden voyage of the Dream in January. I wanted to be back on a smaller ship, too!

There are only 14 of us participating in FE so far. :lmao: BUT I can make a spreadsheet and post a link on the front page. It does make it easier. Hopefully we will have some more people join FE. :thumbsup2

Okay, so I wrote about the spreadsheet before I ever even looked at our FE list. Silly me. I can easily keep that amount straight.I was just remembering trying to keep over 65 kids and 35 adult gifts straight in my head from last week's cruise. No need for a spreadsheet:rotfl:

We went on the maiden voyage of the Dream in January. I wanted to be back on a smaller ship, too!

I think the worst crowds were in the terminal waiting to get on...and waiting to register for the kids club. That line stretched all the way back to the escalators. :eek:

I'm still reading through all the pages but I wanted to add us: Will, Shannon and Samara (2). We are super duper excited to be going on another Disney cruise (our 3rd; daughter's FIRST!). Wife and I will be celebrating 11 years of marriage. And anytime we go on a Disney trip, we are celebrating our princess. :goodvibes. She's always so much fun! I'd like to participate in the fish extender funness. I really think my daughter will enjoy both giving and receiving the FE gifts. Just need to read up a bit on the FE's and of course get one. ;)

OK...back to reading....
:surfweb:

I'm still reading through all the pages but I wanted to add us: Will, Shannon and Samara (2). We are super duper excited to be going on another Disney cruise (our 3rd; daughter's FIRST!). Wife and I will be celebrating 11 years of marriage. And anytime we go on a Disney trip, we are celebrating our princess. :goodvibes. She's always so much fun! I'd like to participate in the fish extender funness. I really think my daughter will enjoy both giving and receiving the FE gifts. Just need to read up a bit on the FE's and of course get one. ;)

OK...back to reading....

Welcome!!

OK...back to reading....

:welcome:

Congratulations on your 11 years! Fish is very fun and Samara will love it. Don't stress out over the FE bag part. I've seen people use all kinds of stuff. I have you on the front page now. Let me know your stateroom number when you get it. It matters for fish gifts!!!! Thanks! :)

I've been thinking about the weather and what to pack. It's such a daunting thought, that I keep trying to put it off. :confused:

I did order some waterproof/windproof jackets (for the whale-watching and potential rain showers) for the kids from Sierra Trading Post. At least I did SOMETHING. Now, my DH and I will be wearing our camo military issue rainjackets. SO don't laugh when you see us in them, or don't see us since camo blends.:rotfl: ha ha!!

Now I just have to buy luggage that will fit everything.

Camo is the new black!!!! :lmao:

I need to buy waterproof rain jackets.

Looks like we are going to have to bring: shorts, short sleeves, jeans, sweaters, sweatshirts, hats, gloves, coat, dinner clothes.....and I'm sure a suitcase full of shoes. All for 7 days. :scared1:

Camo is the new black!!!! :lmao:

I need to buy waterproof rain jackets.

Looks like we are going to have to bring: shorts, short sleeves, jeans, sweaters, sweatshirts, hats, gloves, coat, dinner clothes.....and I'm sure a suitcase full of shoes. All for 7 days. :scared1:

Are you doing any extra days in Vancouver or Seattle before/after the cruise? That's the part of the packing that's going to kill me- the extra.

Is anyone planning on renting or bringing a tux/evening gown for formal night? Please don't tell me we will be the only ones adding that stuff to our suitcases to bring too.:scared1:

I was trying to conserve space with the shoes, so I bought the family waterproof running/trail shoes that will double as our sneakers for the whole trip. Of course, what that really does is just make room for me to bring more shoes of my own. :laughing: I keep telling myself- only bring 3 pair of shoes. We'll see how that goes.

Is anyone planning on renting or bringing a tux/evening gown for formal night? Please don't tell me we will be the only ones adding that stuff to our suitcases to bring too.:scared1:

DD and I are bringing dresses for formal and semi-formal nights. DH is renting a tux and will wear it both nights. We are traveling with friends and they are planning on doing the same thing. Not sure if Kendra has let Jay know that yet, but that is plan. So, you will not be the only ones lugging that stuff around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter