June 7, 2011 Alaska

:sad2:Oh no, hate to hear about the HI hotel. How was the weather in HI while you were there? Rainy? We are so ready for our cruise, can't wait:yay: We live in Pittsburg, too but only in KS:)
I haven't been on the DIS forever, but since our cruise is getting closer, I thought I needed to get on and see what has been happening. I saw that you are from Pittsburg, Kansas. We are from Ottawa, so we aren't that far from you. What airport will you be flying out of? We're flying out of Kansas City on the 6th. We let Disney book our air this time around, and I was very happy with what we got!:goodvibes

I can't believe how close this cruise is! We did the Dream in February and loved it, but Alaska has been a dream of my husband's for years. We're getting very anxious!!!

Susan

We have been assigned cabin 7009, although the state of our trip is kinda up in the air at the moment I'm going through an interview process and the training starts on the 30th of May :upsidedow fingers crossed everything works out and I will still be on the cruise, someone may be going in my place :sad1:

It would be a bummer to not have you on the cruise. On the other hand, good jobs can be hard to find nowadays. Hope the interviews work out and I wish you the best of luck!

the state of our trip is kinda up in the air at the moment

Aww Hope you can make it!!! Sometimes we have to have priorities. :rolleyes:

Hi there -

My family will be on this one as well, Me, a disneyphile ever since my parents took me to Disneyland back when Mr. Disney was still alive (I still remember where I was the first time I saw the fireworks - I was on the motorboats in Fantasyland with my mom), my DW, DSS (StepSon), and because he's graduating from High School we're also bring two newbies with us, two Female Friends of his. So I'm the one who will be up late at night waiting for him to get back to the stateroom at a reasonable hour.....

Walt

http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/wizard.gif

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Hello!!! I've added you to the list of Dis board members on our front page.

Let us know if you would like to be a part of the Fish Extender game.

I have added some new info to the first page:

A spreadsheet of the DIS board members on this cruise, brought to you by JARUDINSKI (Thank You Thank You). :worship:

Fish Extender cut off date is May 15. Anyone who would like to join after that date may not get a fish gift from every participant. I am going to PM everyone who has signed up for FE to make sure that they are "still in". If you could just reply "I'm still in", that would be great. :fish:

We didn't get ours today, but I was just thinking earlier about how they should be arriving any time now. I'll be looking forward to getting home from work on Monday to see if they came!:thumbsup2

Has anyone seen or made a packing list for the Alaska sailing? I have one that I use for our normal Disney cruises, but I have a feeling this one will be a lot different. I just want to make sure I don't forget something essential, and I'm hoping there will be some trip reports coming up after next week to help guide us all as far as weather and what to expect.:goodvibes

Susan

Anyone else get cruise docs in the mail today? We did!:cool1:

Our cruise documents came as well! :woohoo: Getting excited now, we leave for Seattle in 35 days!! :cheer2: We will spend Sunday night (June 5) in Seattle at the Airport Holiday Inn Express and then take the Quick Shuttle on Monday morning from Sea-Tac Airport to the Pan Pacific Hotel at Canada Place. June 6th is our 30th Anniversary so we'll be spending it in Vancouver, BC :love:

Our cruise documents came as well! :woohoo: Getting excited now, we leave for Seattle in 35 days!! :cheer2: We will spend Sunday night (June 5) in Seattle at the Airport Holiday Inn Express and then take the Quick Shuttle on Monday morning from Sea-Tac Airport to the Pan Pacific Hotel at Canada Place. June 6th is our 30th Anniversary so we'll be spending it in Vancouver, BC :love:

Well it took most of today but we just got on this cruise!!!! :worship::surfweb::wizard::tinker:

Now we have to book air and hotel. :rolleyes1 THink I will call DCL tomorrow to see what they have to offer. We used them on last years trip and it went very smooth.

OOOOOOkay! I think I have everyone on the first page. ::yes::

Please take a look and make sure I have all of your information correct!

:fish: Remember: If you have a blue (FISH) after all your information, that means that you indicated you will be taking part in the fish game.

For those of you who would like to join in on the fun of the fish game, please let me know.

:hourglass Someone asked about the cut off date. I believe the cut off date is usually two weeks before the cruise. Please LET ME KNOW what you all think about that.

Also, I'm going to be adding some links with some helpful information to the front page. If anyone has something they would like to add, message it on over to me and I'll put it there.

Okay, I'll bite. What is the fish exchange?

Anyone else get cruise docs in the mail today? We did!:cool1:

Lucky you! I actually had to call Disney today because we got our "you have booked this cruise" letter and discovered that one of our guests was misgendered. She has an unusual first name - Darrian (she goes by Dee), and not having asked gender during the reservatioin process, she was labelled a he!
No problem, as our docs hadn't been printed yet.
You got Docs! I remember our last cruise, Transatlantic two years ago, when we were getting ready to go to the airport about a ten days before the cruise and still did not have docs. I was on the phone with Disney when there was a knock at my door....The docs!. So I can feel fairly certain that I won't have that anxiety this time!

We found out our cabin number - I will pm it to you. But I can tell you it's a
Category 6. w/ Veranda

Can't wait until we hit Juneau. We should be able to see Russia from our veranda! : )

Well it took most of today but we just got on this cruise!!!! :worship::surfweb::wizard::tinker:

Now we have to book air and hotel. :rolleyes1 THink I will call DCL tomorrow to see what they have to offer. We used them on last years trip and it went very smooth.
Welcome!:goodvibes We booked our air with Disney, and it wasn't bad. We have always booked air on our own, but I was too scared for this cruise. We booked the day they released the dates, and I have watched airfare from Kansas City to Vancouver ever since. I never saw it much cheaper than what we got it for thru Disney. Not sure it would still be at the same price, but if it is, it isn't too bad. Hope you have good luck!

Susan

:welcome: Glad you're sailing with us! :sail:

Hi - we booked the late seating. Anyone else?

Walter

We have late seating also. We liked it on our first cruise and I think it works out well for this one too, especially for the excursion times.

Hello! We are flying out of Kansas City on the 6th also. I think they have our flight at 10:14 AM. We are so excited but May is a very busy time for us at school. Trying to work on FE gifts plus end of year school project for my kindergarten class.

Welcome Aboard

Okay, I'll bite. What is the fish exchange?
Fish Exchange is where you anonymously (or not) exchange small gifts (examples: candy, gum, trinkets from your state, magnets, bookmarks, many other ideas) with other staterooms on your cruise. I'm sure others can explain it much better than I. Here is a link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607&highlight=fish+extender+instructions
Hi - we booked the late seating. Anyone else?
We've always done late seating before. But this will be our first experience with main seating. We'll see what we think of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter