• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 5, 2016 - Magic Goes to England, Ireland, Scotland and France

I can tell you that Mickey&Joshnut are not joining us. They are Canadian and their dollar is not strong.

Just thought I'd post the updated Who's Sailing here - we haven't heard from several folks in a while so I don't know if everyone on the list is still sailing, so I thought this would be a good time for a quick "roll call" before we start planning for FE's and other onboard events.

Here's the list I have as of 01-16-2016. If you are on the list and I have your info wrong, let me know how you want it updated (either reply here or by PM). If you are on the list and you are not sailing with us any more, please let me know so I can take you off the list. If you should be on the list and I don't have you listed, please let me know that, too!

I've tried to add people as they've said hello and I've tried to take people off when their plans have changed but I'm sure I've missed some.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
abbycinnamon, parents and sister
Alohagirl73 (& DH, DD5 and DS1)
bjt (Brian), DW (Sherri), DD16 DS12
Bellesmommy, her Mom, and DD (10)
Bsusanmb (Susan and Bob)
cali cruiser (Michelle) & DH (John), DD13 (Megan) and DS17 (Jacob)
chip&dale&fun
CynthiaGraves
DCLCruiser84 (Nora and Dennis)
Disdreams77, DH, DD9 and DD7
DisneyDDS
DizC1288 - Cyndi and friends Lisa (DIS name Gretel), Sharon, and Lucinda
DL1957 & DH, DSis, DBiL
Drnifer
EpcotKilterFan (Debbie & Mom)
fantasmic000 (Darlene) and Dalila
gydell (Gydell) & DH (Bill), and DGS14 (Brent)
hygienist999 and DH (Roddy)
Kim3 & DH & DS8 and DS10
Kris24 (Kristan), DH (Dewayne), DS8 (Kaleb -turning 9 onboard)
Leslie Hand, DS22, DS13
lilpath (Scott and Lynda)
LisaTex, her Mom (Sue), her niece (17), and DD (3)
LoveMickey (Kathy and Tim)
MandJHuff (Mike and Janet)
MelissaIsalene with two sisters and parents
Mickey&JoshNut (Elaine) & DM (Margaret)
Mineu
MJ (Mary Jo & Jack)
MPS516 (Mike & DW - Donna & DD - Jessi & Megan)
nanaguide
nyck
nzdisneymom - Cindy D & DH Gary, DS19 (Nathan), DS18 (Zachary)
pachy26 - Randy and Sandy
Paul Graden - Paul and DD Stephanie (18)
RetCM - Linda, Cindy
Schiffy
Specht, DH, Mom, MIL, 2 children (10 and 7)
Susan_Simmons
Tink1970 and DH
tinker1bell - Terry and Hal
UMDaisy
VA Mickey Pals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks much!
Schiffy (Mark and Carol)

Just thought I'd post the updated Who's Sailing here - we haven't heard from several folks in a while so I don't know if everyone on the list is still sailing, so I thought this would be a good time for a quick "roll call" before we start planning for FE's and other onboard events.

Here's the list I have as of 01-16-2016. If you are on the list and I have your info wrong, let me know how you want it updated (either reply here or by PM). If you are on the list and you are not sailing with us any more, please let me know so I can take you off the list. If you should be on the list and I don't have you listed, please let me know that, too!

I've tried to add people as they've said hello and I've tried to take people off when their plans have changed but I'm sure I've missed some.

Bsusanmb (Susan and Bob)
chip&dale&fun
CynthiaGraves
DisneyDDS
DL1957 & DH, DSis, DBiL
Drnifer
Kim3 & DH & DS8 and DS10
Leslie Hand, DS22, DS13
Mineu
MJ (Mary Jo & Jack)
nanaguide
nyck
RetCM - Linda, Cindy
Schiffy
Susan_Simmons
Tink1970 and DH
UMDaisy
VA Mickey Pals

Thanks much!
Thanks for posting. I am still here...Cannot believe the time is passing so quickly and not at all ready for booking shore excursions yet. House sitter is arranged.....flights are in order and that is about it....Good Luck Planning!!!! Hum, must edit the signature. Next Cruise is British Isles....

Hi everyone!

If you are interested in participating in a Fish Extender gift exchange, please PM the following information to me at nzdisneymom:

Name(s)
Cabin Number - if you have more than one cabin in your sailing party and each cabin wants to participate, please sign up each cabin separately.
Number of people in Cabin
Age and Gender
Favorite Character
Allergies
Special Occasions
# Cabins Participating - this means if you want to only participate with a limited number of cabins due to space, etc., then put how many cabins you'd like to exchange with - this is how many gifts you would bring and then ultimately receive - so if you say 10, you bring gifts for the other 9; if you say all, then that's everyone who's participating.

If you aren't sure what a Fish Extender gift exchange is all about, this link explains:

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Questions? Feel free to ask here or by PM. We'll set a sign-up by date soon.

(I also added this information to the post on the first page)

Last edited:
Have you all seen that the times have changed for some of the ports from what was originally scheduled?
In case you haven't, here they are:

Itinerary (from confirmation):
updated January 2016

Sunday, June 5, 2016, DOVER, Onboard 4:00 PM
Monday, June 6, 2016, AT SEA
Tuesday, June 7, 2016, NEWCASTLE, Ashore 7:30 AM, Onboard 4:45 PM
Wednesday, June 8, 2016, INVERGORDON, Ashore 8:00 AM, Onboard 7:00 PM
Thursday, June 9, 2016, KIRKWALL, Ashore 8:15 AM, Onboard 4:45 PM
Friday, June 10, 2016, AT SEA
Saturday, June 11, 2016, GREENOCK, Ashore 8:00 AM, Onboard 5:45 PM
Sunday, June 12, 2016, LIVERPOOL, Ashore 7:45 AM, Onboard 9:45 PM
Monday, June 13, 2016, DUBLIN, Ashore 8:15 AM, Onboard 5:15 PM
Tuesday, June 14, 2016, AT SEA
Wednesday, June 15, 2016, LE HAVRE, Ashore 7:15 AM, Onboard 10:45 PM
Thursday, June 16, 2016, GUERNSEY, Ashore 8:00 AM, Onboard 4:30 PM
Friday, June 17, 2016, DOVER, Ashore 7:00 AM
--------------------------------

I'm really excited about staying later in some of the ports!

Have you all seen that the times have changed for some of the ports from what was originally scheduled?
In case you haven't, here they are:

Itinerary (from confirmation):
updated January 2016

Sunday, June 5, 2016, DOVER, Onboard 4:00 PM
Monday, June 6, 2016, AT SEA
Tuesday, June 7, 2016, NEWCASTLE, Ashore 7:30 AM, Onboard 4:45 PM
Wednesday, June 8, 2016, INVERGORDON, Ashore 8:00 AM, Onboard 7:00 PM
Thursday, June 9, 2016, KIRKWALL, Ashore 8:15 AM, Onboard 4:45 PM
Friday, June 10, 2016, AT SEA
Saturday, June 11, 2016, GREENOCK, Ashore 8:00 AM, Onboard 5:45 PM
Sunday, June 12, 2016, LIVERPOOL, Ashore 7:45 AM, Onboard 9:45 PM
Monday, June 13, 2016, DUBLIN, Ashore 8:15 AM, Onboard 5:15 PM
Tuesday, June 14, 2016, AT SEA
Wednesday, June 15, 2016, LE HAVRE, Ashore 7:15 AM, Onboard 10:45 PM
Thursday, June 16, 2016, GUERNSEY, Ashore 8:00 AM, Onboard 4:30 PM
Friday, June 17, 2016, DOVER, Ashore 7:00 AM
--------------------------------

I'm really excited about staying later in some of the ports!
Very excited about this!!!

Has anyone looked at doing a private tour from Le Havre for Normandy? From what I am seeing it is roughly 980 Euro for a group of 1-8 people? Just trying to see if anyone else was interested in possible discussing this or sharing?

Has anyone looked at doing a private tour from Le Havre for Normandy? From what I am seeing it is roughly 980 Euro for a group of 1-8 people? Just trying to see if anyone else was interested in possible discussing this or sharing?
We have booked a private one for about $850. It also does 8 people but we are full. You might want to keep checking with different companies.

Bsusanmb (Susan and Bob)
chip&dale&fun
CynthiaGraves
DisneyDDS
DL1957 & DH, DSis, DBiL
Drnifer
Kim3 & DH & DS8 and DS10
Leslie Hand, DS22, DS13
Mineu
MJ (Mary Jo & Jack)
nanaguide
nyck
RetCM - Linda, Cindy
Schiffy
Susan_Simmons
Tink1970 and DH
UMDaisy
VA Mickey Pals

Thanks much!

Cindy,

We are still cruising.

Yensidfan - Pete & Faith

Still on board. Have to pay our balance in a few weeks. As we are in Canada was hoping our dollar got better before. That due date. Think we are just going to have to bit the bullet and this cruise will cost more than we thought. But well worth it.

Thanks much!

Cindy and all,

Just thought I'd weigh in and let you all know that I, my wife Alice and adult daughter Michelle will be comming along for the cruise. This will be our 18th Disney Cruise.
We can't wait. We look forward to seeing you all in the British Isles.

See you soon,

Mike Roach,
DVCMIKE

1. Favorite character(s)
Me...Tinker Bell Hal...Goofy

2. Ever cruised in Europe?

Me...Disney Magic 2010 WBTA which left from Barcelona

3. Number of Disney Cruises

me...this will be my 7th Disney Hal's 3rd Disney We did NCL once back in 1987, I did a one nighter on Princes to get from Seattle to Vancouver for a Disney one and we have one on RCL in September

4. Port you are looking forward to the most

Dublin for us because of friends of ours that live there, Scotland cause Hal went there with his brother to Edinboro and wanting to see the beaches of Normandy

5. Early to bed or Early to rise?

we are such night owls but I am willing to get up at o'dark thirty for Disney!!

6. AquaDunk or Quiet Cove?

Quiet Cove has always been my favorite. Love love the addition of the second level they added to the wonder.

7. Palo for brunch? tea? dinner?

All three but our favorite is Brunch and I hope they will offer tea so maybe we could get a group of ladies to do that.

Hal and I really want to visit Normandy and would consider going with a group. Probably half a day tour for us if possible

Cindy,
We are still cruising.
Yensidfan - Pete & Faith

Yay - I added you to the list! It will be fun to see more familiar faces on board!

Still on board. Have to pay our balance in a few weeks. As we are in Canada was hoping our dollar got better before. That due date. Think we are just going to have to bit the bullet and this cruise will cost more than we thought. But well worth it.

Maybe things will turn around enough that by the time we sail at least the costs for excursions, etc., will be better. We are making final payment this week.

Cindy and all,
Just thought I'd weigh in and let you all know that I, my wife Alice and adult daughter Michelle will be coming along for the cruise. This will be our 18th Disney Cruise.
We can't wait. We look forward to seeing you all in the British Isles.
DVCMIKE

Wonderful! I've add you to the list as well. This will be our first cruise with all adults in our party.

Just 19 weeks until our cruises departure!

Woohoo!

Normandy Private Tour

I have a private van that seats up to 8 booked through a private tour group for June 15th that will pickup from the cruise terminal at 8 am and return us at 6 PM. I currently have two other couples who may or may not be joining, but if anyone else is interested in splitting the cost, please send me a PM and I will provide more details.

Fyi. for those looking for shore excursions from Disney. While messing around, I did notice under the transatlantic port adventures, they did have some listed for Dublin and Liverpool. Not sure these will be the same for our cruise, but does give an idea of what they may offer.

We had our TA make final payment arrangements yesterday. Whew. Under the wire! Now to wait for online check-in!
DS (18) has agreed to do Palo brunch with me if I can get us a booking. We can't do online check in until February 21st.

Been a loooooong time since I've been here. Trying to figure out what I need to do and where to go!!! Kent & Marianne Dutrieux will be on this cruise. Just paid it off yesterday and booked the airline tickets today. Gotta arrange transportation between airport and Dover pre-cruise and Dover and London post cruise. Cindy i'm trying to figure out where to sign up for the FE exchange and roll call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter