June 3-11? Mistake?

Our last three trips have been at that time of year. This year we will arrive on 5/24 and leave on 6/2. Other than the Sunday and Monday of Memorial day weekend, the crowds are totally manageable. We love this time of year because the heat isn't too bad (not like July or August anyway!) and yet the longer summer hours have begun. We have always been able to see and do everything we wanted and still have plenty of down time at the pool and DTD. I don't think you can ask for a better blend of long hours, reasonable temps and manageable crowds at WDW then in late May/Early June.

:cheer2:

We went June 2-11 back in 2010. It was not as bad as what I was imagining. The humidity was really bad on a few days (like when you walk out of your room at 7am and you are dripping wet in 2 seconds:rotfl2:), but other days it was fine.
We are going again in 2014 (June 7-21). We are rope droppers so that helps. We get up and get to the parks early...hit the headliners, then go back to the resort for swims/rest and head back to the parks in the evening.

We'll be at WDW that first week of June, as well. As others have said, it's the only time we can get away. We're mostly worried about the crowds, because we're from the South and are used to unbearable, dog-awful heat and humidity. At least on days that end in Y. LOL

Sounds like there will be quite a few DISers going that week! :thumbsup2

On the topic of EMH for this week, are they likely to change from the ones already listed? From the looks of things, there won't be any super late EMH...

We were at MK until 2am one day last year, and it was a really fun time.

BenKling said:

On the topic of EMH for this week, are they likely to change from the ones already listed? From the looks of things, there won't be any super late EMH...

I would like to know this as well. We will be there that week as well. We went back in 2010 and really enjoyed it. As PP noted it is the perfect blend if you are a early riser/midday napper/night owl .

We're there the 6th-13th! I'm not worried about the crowds, though. Maybe because I survived Spring Break/Easter on year?

Gay Days is May 30 - June 2 this year. It won't affect OP, but FYI for others. There is a designated park for each day, so you can avoid the crowds.
Right in the middle of Star Wars, but at least, it misses Memorial Day.

They will probably change the closing times as we get closer. (April or May?) But with the loss of the third hour of EMH this year I wouldn't expect any EMH closings beyond 2 am.

We did the first week in June a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We did rope drop and went back in the evenings. Our daughter was just 4 at the time so this worked well for us, Loved the Star Wars weekend

We go that week every year for our anniversary. It seems that each year it gets more crowded than the year before - also have noticed the same for the week in Oct that we go for my birthday
and Food & Wine.
It can get extremely hot - especially since there is so much concrete and asphalt - and the shady spots to sit and rest are quickly taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter