June 27, 2013 - Magic in the Med (Venice)

It is probably filtered. Let me look

I just looked and it shows all the lines.

I also just realized we made it to page 100 in our thread.

Thanks Cindy, I just looked and you were right it was filtered. I must have somehow clicked on it. Thanks. Janet

Hi there!
Just wanted to introduce myself!

I, DH & DD (8) will be joining you all on the Med sailing 6/27. I've been so crazed with work, I've only now gotten a chance to start thinking about it and getting excited!

This is our 2nd DCL sailing -- we did the 10 day Med cruise the summer of 2011. It was such an amazing trip, we can't wait to go back, especially with Venice now in the mix!

One question... on my last trip, because Tunisia was pulled from our itinerary and replaced with Sicily, all onboard purchases were subject to an 18% VAT tax. Forgive me if you guys have already discussed this at length, but I was wondering if this sailing would be subject to that tax again?

Anyway, I love this board -- some people I met here -- and later met on the ship -- have become dear friends. Glad to finally have a minute to check in.

xo

Because they port in Drubruvnic (outsde the EU ) they will not charge the VAT tax (I do believe but anything can change) Tunisia was terrible for DCL so you did not miss much there...alot of complaints to the cruise line on our cruise.

Because they port in Drubruvnic (outsde the EU ) they will not charge the VAT tax (I do believe but anything can change) Tunisia was terrible for DCL so you did not miss much there...alot of complaints to the cruise line on our cruise.

Actually Croatia will be joining the EU on July 1st. We will be docking on July 5th, so I think we'll be subject to the VAT.

Thanks for the info! So all we need are euros and dollars for currency? :flower3:

Here is what I found about currency in Croatia:
So when will Croatia join the Euro?
Croatia is not even presently in the EU - although is it confirmed to be the next country to join (most likely on the 1st July 2013). There are no plans to adopt the Euro as its official currency even when it does join, and any plans for this would be a great number of years off. (If there is still a Euro to join given the present problems!) So the answer to this question is - who knows!

Hope this helps.
Janet

For soem reason I can't figure out where to add what day we would like to celebrate our anniversary and birthday on board. Anyone know where I need to go on Disney's website. :confused3

Here is what I found about currency in Croatia:
So when will Croatia join the Euro?
Croatia is not even presently in the EU - although is it confirmed to be the next country to join (most likely on the 1st July 2013). There are no plans to adopt the Euro as its official currency even when it does join, and any plans for this would be a great number of years off. (If there is still a Euro to join given the present problems!) So the answer to this question is - who knows!

Hope this helps.
Janet

I believe Germany will stall as long as possible allowing them to use the Euro for they (Germany) are getting a little tired carrying the P.I.G.S. as it is. Croatia is cheap to begin with as for as purchasing power so it would behoove the population to keep their current monies.

Hi all.
If you elected to participate in the Fish Extenders, I put the list together today and have sent each of you a PM, so be sure to check your PMs for more information.

There is one cabin signed up (Michael and Keith) that did not include a DISName, so if you see this message, please PM me so I can send you the info. Thanks.

We ended up with 23 DISers, 25 cabins, 53 adults and 20 children participating. That's about half the group.

(On the June 15th, there are about 50 cabins!)

If you have any questions or don't get your PM, please let me know and I'll send it out again.

Hi all.
If you elected to participate in the Fish Extenders, I put the list together today and have sent each of you a PM, so be sure to check your PMs for more information.

There is one cabin signed up (Michael and Keith) that did not include a DISName, so if you see this message, please PM me so I can send you the info. Thanks.

We ended up with 23 DISers, 25 cabins, 53 adults and 20 children participating. That's about half the group.

(On the June 15th, there are about 50 cabins!)

If you have any questions or don't get your PM, please let me know and I'll send it out again.

Got the PM! Thank you so much for organizing this!! Your effort is genuinely appreciated. I hope to meet you onboard!!

Got the PM! Thank you so much for organizing this!! Your effort is genuinely appreciated. I hope to meet you onboard!!

One of my favorite things about cruising is meeting new people, and one of my favorite things about DIS is how the boards facilitate that! Be sure to come to the Meet and Greet in the Promenade Lounge on the afternoon we sail... 3:00 til time to go to safety drill. Deck 3, aft.

Hi all!

We got our tickets to Sagrada Famalia for the day before our cruise. We got tickets to the church and tower. How much time should we allow for the tour?

Thanks.

Hi all!

We got our tickets to Sagrada Famalia for the day before our cruise. We got tickets to the church and tower. How much time should we allow for the tour?

Thanks.

If you are doing the guided tour allow an hour. Tower 30 minutes to an hour depending how detailed you are.

Hi there!
Just wanted to introduce myself!

I, DH & DD (8) will be joining you all on the Med sailing 6/27. I've been so crazed with work, I've only now gotten a chance to start thinking about it and getting excited!

This is our 2nd DCL sailing -- we did the 10 day Med cruise the summer of 2011. It was such an amazing trip, we can't wait to go back, especially with Venice now in the mix!

One question... on my last trip, because Tunisia was pulled from our itinerary and replaced with Sicily, all onboard purchases were subject to an 18% VAT tax. Forgive me if you guys have already discussed this at length, but I was wondering if this sailing would be subject to that tax again?

Anyway, I love this board -- some people I met here -- and later met on the ship -- have become dear friends. Glad to finally have a minute to check in.

xo

I have a DD (8) as well! I'm so excited to see all of the children who are close to Lisa's age.

I noticed last week that my flights are filling up fast. We are flying Delta on June 24 from Atlanta and returning on July 11. Any body else on either of these flights?

What is everyone doing in Malta? We did not see any port adventures that seemed exciting. Any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter