June 27, 2013 - Magic in the Med (Venice)

So... We are in for the exclusive Vatican now -yay!

Now I may just have to follow one of my fellow DISers around for the 4 hours of leisure time. New research begins for me on getting from St. Peter's Square to EVERYWHERE!!! ;-)

You all are just so full (and willing to share) so much information!!

Hop on/off bus????

Hi, I have a couple of questions for those of you have cruised before.

My friend was telling me she didn't think that capris were appropriate clothes for dining on the Disney cruise. I had planned on dressing up for formal night, but do I also need to were at least slacks for the other nights????

Also what phone number do you leave behind for someone to get ahold of you incase of an emergency? Is there a special emergency number that someone back in the US can use to get ahold of us on the ship if some unforeseen event happens and they must get ahold of us????

Thanks,
Janet

Yeah, you're VERY unlikely to get in and be able to see other parts of Rome. This is why DCL offered the exclusive Vatican tours for our cruise. IMO, they're going to be the only way you'll be able to see anything that day. I know a lot of people here on the thread booked them, we're forgoing the Vatican this trip, we saw it in 2010.

WHEW! So glad we booked that excursion through DCL. The Vatican was a "must do" for us.

My friend was telling me she didn't think that capris were appropriate clothes for dining on the Disney cruise. I had planned on dressing up for formal night, but do I also need to were at least slacks for the other nights????

Also what phone number do you leave behind for someone to get ahold of you incase of an emergency? Is there a special emergency number that someone back in the US can use to get ahold of us on the ship if some unforeseen event happens and they must get ahold of us????

Thanks,
Janet

Capris are completely appropriate. Trust me when I tell you people wear shorts to dinner!

With regard to the phone number, I really don't know but I'm sure it's on the site or call DCL. I should prob look into that too.

Capris are completely appropriate. Trust me when I tell you people wear shorts to dinner!

With regard to the phone number, I really don't know but I'm sure it's on the site or call DCL. I should prob look into that too.

Thank you. I'm so glad we don't have to dress up all the time for dinner. I was wondering how I was going to pack if I needed to include more clothes for dinner.

Janet

Thanks,
Janet

On my last DCL cruise, there were two or three little cards in the cruise contract paperwork that they mailed to me about a month before the cruise. It was a contact number you could give to anyone so that they could contact you while at sea. I will assume they do that for each cruise, but calling DCL wouldn't be a bad idea, just to check!

As for dinner attire, my daughter and I both wore shorts the first night. It was only a three night cruise, so we didn't have a formal night. I'm kinda looking forward to that this time (and, of course, going to Palo!)

Thanks,
Janet

I wear capris most nights on cruises!:thumbsup2

If I remember correctly, there are a few perforated cards with emergency numbers in the cruise documents we will be getting in the near future. It made it very easy to just hand one of these cards to the appropriate people before we left.

Thanks,
Janet

When you get your documents with your luggage tags the ships number will be listed on 3or4cards to give to relatives or friends.

When you get your documents with your luggage tags the ships number will be listed on 3or4cards to give to relatives or friends.

Thanks Gydell, I was trying to remember where I saw it.
We are going to be gone so long that we have a couple of different people watching out for things while we are away. In fact, this reminds me that I need to make my list of who I want to find something for to bring back as a thank you.

I wear capris most nights on cruises!:thumbsup2

If I remember correctly, there are a few perforated cards with emergency numbers in the cruise documents we will be getting in the near future. It made it very easy to just hand one of these cards to the appropriate people before we left.

Sounds like it is a thumbs up for capris! Thanks!

Great I will wait until I get the cruise docs. Sounds like those won't come for another month.

Janet

On my last DCL cruise, there were two or three little cards in the cruise contract paperwork that they mailed to me about a month before the cruise. It was a contact number you could give to anyone so that they could contact you while at sea. I will assume they do that for each cruise, but calling DCL wouldn't be a bad idea, just to check!

As for dinner attire, my daughter and I both wore shorts the first night. It was only a three night cruise, so we didn't have a formal night. I'm kinda looking forward to that this time (and, of course, going to Palo!)

Thank you for the information. This board sure is helpful. I can't wait to meet everyone.

Janet

Thanks Gydell, I was trying to remember where I saw it.
We are going to be gone so long that we have a couple of different people watching out for things while we are away. In fact, this reminds me that I need to make my list of who I want to find something for to bring back as a thank you.

Cindy, It looks like we are on a few excursions together. Not a lot a people have filled in the spreadsheet with their excursions. I don't know if most people do NON DCL excursions. Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

Janet

Is there something wrong with the roll call spreadsheet. I noticed several lines are missing, at least when I bring it up. My line isn't there anymore along with others.

Janet

Is there something wrong with the roll call spreadsheet. I noticed several lines are missing, at least when I bring it up. My line isn't there anymore along with others.

Janet

It is probably filtered. Let me look

I just looked and it shows all the lines.

I also just realized we made it to page 100 in our thread.

Yay... That will be fun!

Did you all see this about door decorations? And no more over the door holders.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-plan.htm

Cindy, there's some really good info in this link you posted. Further down the page, under the picture of the Mickey pool, there is a link about the fish extenders. That's some of the best info I've seen, if anyone is looking how to make one for their doors. Thank you!

Anyone know when we should be receiving our booklets in the mail? Im so excited/anxious! :p

Looks like roll call sheet has been edited to only show those participating in fish extenders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter