• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 22, 2013 FANTASY 7 night western cruise *UPDATE FE signup

We're up to 13 cabins in the FE list. Not bad for nearly 6 months away.

pirate:

has anyone got their airfare yet?
I have been looking and it is pretty high.
flying from philly,pa to mco.:confused3

Sorry, can't help there. We always drive. Airfare for 4 costs way more than driving for a day.

BTW, DW's parents are from Bethlehem, PA. She has an aunt living there still. Beautiful part of the country up there.

pirate:

has anyone got their airfare yet?
I have been looking and it is pretty high.
flying from philly,pa to mco.:confused3

Wanted to fly from Indiana to MCO sorry I can drive for much less then $980 for two. Even taking two days and staying it isn't that much.

Wanted to fly from Indiana to MCO sorry I can drive for much less then $980 for two. Even taking two days and staying it isn't that much.

We are driving, for 5 of us its a no brainer. Plus we are staying a week at Disney after the cruise.

Hi everyone,

We booked our flights last week :goodvibes about $900 each!

After the cruise we've decided to go to Boston for a few nights, a new part of the USA for us to visit :thumbsup2

This Saturday is 180 days until we get to WDW pre-cruise, so I'm excited to make a couple of ADRs! I'm hoping to book Be Our Guest for dinner on June 21st, and breakfast at Boma on the 22nd.

Emma princess: x

Hi everyone,

We booked our flights last week :goodvibes about $900 each!

After the cruise we've decided to go to Boston for a few nights, a new part of the USA for us to visit :thumbsup2

This Saturday is 180 days until we get to WDW pre-cruise, so I'm excited to make a couple of ADRs! I'm hoping to book Be Our Guest for dinner on June 21st, and breakfast at Boma on the 22nd.

What? you couldn't drive...cowards :rotfl2:

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays!!

We just moved our cruise to this sailing. We were originally booked on the 29th Sailing, but had to switch it. We have added ourselves for the FE, that is so much fun!! We can't wait to set sail. It is the first Disney cruise for my sister and she is beyond excited! It will be our 7th for my husband and I. Can't wait to meet you guys. Only 6 months to go! woohoo!:cool1:
Talk to you all soon!
Merry Christmas!pixiedust:

Just added another cabin to the fish extender list. Pierre and Wendy. One of my brother's friends is coming all the way from Holland to help us celebrate his 40th birthday on board the cruise. So excited about that, and about the cruise. Not sure which one has me more excited. My brother has NO idea. LOL. Its going to be an epic birthday celebration. :rockband:

Hi everyone,

Yesterday was our 180 day mark for checking-in to the Boardwalk pre-cruise.. so I've made a few ADRs!

On June 21st we're having dinner at Be Our Guest, and then on the 22nd having breakfast at Boma :thumbsup2

Under 6 months to go now!

Starting to think about excursions, since we're getting closer to being able to book :thumbsup2 What's everyone thinking?

We have dolphin discovery booked directly through them for Cozumel, caught it on 50% off sale around Black Friday. We want to see some ruins, but not sure where. Any thoughts?

What are you planning?

We did this cruise in 2012, same week actually. We're likely going to stay on the ship for most ports this time.

We did the tour of Grand Cayman that includes the turtle farm. It was a great tour and there is a pool at the turtle farm where you can pick up the young sea turtles. The little ones can get in the water with them, but some not-so-little ones were doing that when we were there.

We did the Chacchoben ruins tour on Costa Maya. It was a very nice tour and our guide was quite knowledgeable. It's at least an hour by bus to get there and you start and end the tour at the shop. They tell you about the mosquitoes on the bus ride and provide one bottle of repellent. The shop sells it for $10 a bottle. I'd suggest having your own, because the one bottle they provide runs out.

We just did some shopping in Cozumel. The 3 islands on consecutive days can be a bit much for excursions. We've done dolphin encounters before.

We had a cabana on CC and really enjoyed it. DW's parents were cruising with us and the cabana gave us some quiet family time with them. The private beach area was nice to have, since the larger ships mean a lot more people using the public beach areas.

pirate:

Right now we are planning on the turtle farm/stingray city combo in the Caymens, the ruins in costa maya and the jade cavern tour in cozumel along with some shopping/beach time. In castaway cay we usually run the 5k and just hang at the beach and maybe snorkel.

Happy 2013 everyone!

I have a few thoughts about our excursions for the cruise but need to finalise them with DH... we'd like to do an island tour in Grand Cayman (to see the turtles and visit Hell), and probably Mayan ruins at one of the Mexican ports, but not sure which would be better? The Mexican cooking lesson on a beach sounds fun.. I think that's at Cozumel.

I'd also like to book a couples spa villa for one of the sea days, we did this on the Dream and it was fantastic! Also we'd like to have dinner at Remy, and a brunch at Palo :goodvibes

Oh my, I suppose it's time to start thinking about this! It's our first cruise, so we've got a little time yet until we're able to sign up for anything, but I've been looking a little bit at the options out there...and am quite over whelmed! So much cool stuff to do. I'm going to make a short list as well as hear what you all have to say and then see what's available come April.

Yesterday I said to my daughter...we can finally say we'll be cruising THIS YEAR! She was so excited to hear that. :cool1:

Hi everyone! We're scheduled to be on this cruise too. It's me (32), DH (33), and DS (7). We're planning on the extreme dolphin swim in grand cayman and the Atlantis submarine trip in Cozumel. I may have the port stops wrong. I'll have to check later.

DH and I have been on 2 Disney cruises, but they were before DS was here. We're not telling DS about the cruise until we wake up to go to the airport the Friday before.

Does anyone know what time the website opens to book excursions? We're silver members so we get to book on March 24.

Hi Tara,

When I went on the Dream (2011), the website opened at 12am EST for bookings... I remember because I got up at 5am (time difference!), made our reservations then went back to bed! :cutie:

Hoping to pay off the balance of our cruise this week, exciting!

We are flying to Boston after the cruise... Jet Blue has released prices for June 29th, but it's showing as $210 each one-way... does that seem a lot? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter