June 22, 2013 FANTASY 7 night western cruise *UPDATE FE signup

Finally found a minute to sign on to this thread and cach up. I will be sailing my DH Gene, and the "ewinme clan". DD,DSL,DGD, DGD. This will be our Seventh cruise and allows us to have sailed on all 4 Disney Ships. :thumbsup2
Love the FE and do plan to join again. Trust me you never have enough days on a disney ship. We did the 11 day cruise and I was as sad to leave that as the 3 day cruise. I do enjoy the sea days on the longer cruises.

Gloria

I was born in Jersey, if that counts? But I did not grow up there.. my mom was born/raised in Keyport and I still have LOTS of family there!

Ok so I did not buy a single picture from our last cruise. I couldn't stand how hot/sweaty I looked in all of the pictures! I hope we can get something next time.

I've got our pre-cruise hotel (MCO Hyatt) booked.. guess I'd better start looking into flights. We found out on Monday that our adoption has been approved, so now I know for sure our dfs3 will get to go! I hope it doesn't take long to finalize so I can get his passport!

We decided to fly rather than drive. Fortunately I have enough American Air miles for the flights. We'll get to our hotel by 5 pm if all is on schedule. Still need to line up transportation from MCO to hotel in Port Canaveral but I need to research that. The company my daughter works for uses a particular company in Orlando so I'll check them out.

We are still thinking about excursions but since this is our first Disney cruise we have lots of time. My son went to school with a man from Grand Cayman who is active in the local chamber of commerce so we will contact him about a private tour company there, and maybe at other ports too. We used some private tours on our last Royal Caribbean cruise and they really worked well. But there is plenty of time for this.

My wife's brother died several weeks ago so she and her sisters are with his wife in Austin to help sort out some of his personal items so I have a few days alone. Thus time to get caught up things like this Disney forum!

bzlds Yes it counts lol:rotfl: I was born in Atlantic City and live about an hr away.Were is Keyport. I live in South Jersey. Barb stl82 Sorry about your loss its so hard when its love ones. Barb

Barb, Keyport is between Middletown and Perth Amboy, just across the bay from Staten Island.

Just a quick heads-up for everyone. I've got a copy of the FE list from our last cruise and I'm making changes for this cruise. I'll keep the list and share with everyone as the cruise gets closer. I'll send the link when I have everything ready for the group.

For the last cruise, we set a cutoff date of 75 days prior to sailing for the first FE list (we ended up with 3 altogether). If nobody objects, I'd like to set the same deadline for this one. That gets us to the PIF date, and should give everyone a chance to join that wants to. If there's another DVC special or *GT cabins, we can decide as a group whether to add them to the same FE list or make a new one.

Since you guys liked the last set of pics from the other cruise so much, here's another set: http://fourweeksphotography.smugmug.com/Vacation/Disney-Fantasy-June-23rd-to

pirate:

I have read little about the "FE" and gifts etc but still don't understand it completely. Would someone please explain it to dumb midwesterner who has never been on a Disney cruise? For example, if there are 75 on the list does that mean you need to provided gifts to all 74 other members? Do you buy the gifts? What are some examples of gifts? Where are some examples of the FEs?

Thank you for being patient.

David

The link to signup for the FE for this cruise is here.

The cutoff date is April 8, 2013, which is 75 days before we sail. Please let me know if you have any problems signing up.

I'll email the list to everyone that signs up. If you have a GTY cabin, just put that and let me know as soon as the cabin is assigned. For anyone that upgrades at port, I'll try to keep a dry erase board on my cabin door to keep everyone else updated.

For those not sure about what an FE is, etc., there are several links to threads with lots of info in the FAQ thread on the main cruise board. I posted earlier in this thread with some information about them as well.

Can the OP post the link to the first thread? Thanks!

pirate:

No worries. This is the most activity we've had since this thread started...

We're up to 6 cabins so far. I'm assuming nobody's having problems with the signup.

pirate:

I just signed us up for the FE! I have to say that I got a good laugh out of it! Right after it says gender, it says (at time of sailing.) :lmao: I'm wondering how many genders will change from now and next June?? :rotfl2:

The link to signup for the FE for this cruise is here.

The cutoff date is April 8, 2013, which is 75 days before we sail. Please let me know if you have any problems signing up.

I'll email the list to everyone that signs up. If you have a GTY cabin, just put that and let me know as soon as the cabin is assigned. For anyone that upgrades at port, I'll try to keep a dry erase board on my cabin door to keep everyone else updated.

For those not sure about what an FE is, etc., there are several links to threads with lots of info in the FAQ thread on the main cruise board. I posted earlier in this thread with some information about them as well.

Can the OP post the link to the first thread? Thanks!

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter