June 2017 Discounts

So couldn't use the recent summer discount for our June trip due to no availability at our resort, then we got a pin code in the mail for a slightly higher percentage discount but we can't use that one either due to availability!?!! The CM on the phone was a little surprised as well at the lack of availability. She checked several other resorts (mostly Deluxe) and the few that we could use the code at were actually higher than the rack rate we already had at the Poly because the only rooms avail (for the discount) were either higher priced water views or Concierge Level. So frustrating!! This may be the first trip EVER that we've paid rack rate!

So couldn't use the recent summer discount for our June trip due to no availability at our resort, then we got a pin code in the mail for a slightly higher percentage discount but we can't use that one either due to availability!?!! The CM on the phone was a little surprised as well at the lack of availability. She checked several other resorts (mostly Deluxe) and the few that we could use the code at were actually higher than the rack rate we already had at the Poly because the only rooms avail (for the discount) were either higher priced water views or Concierge Level. So frustrating!! This may be the first trip EVER that we've paid rack rate!
The discounts for the summer look to be quite selective. I too noticed that only selective room types were showing up for the discount. We lucked out with Yacht Club..... in that a Garden View was perfect fit for us. We originally had a WL Courtyard........for same price. Fortunately the AP discount was available for the YC. Interestingly it was also available for a POP Standard room too! In my gut I believe that Pandora is having an impact........along with refurbs in some resorts that's reducing the number of available rooms.

I share your frustration with paying rack rate...............haven't had to do that since 2013...............and back then I really didn't know any better. Now...............would be very difficult to do :)

Doug :goofy:

Is the AP discount out past early June? I haven't found it for the rest of the summer yet. Thanks.

The discounts for the summer look to be quite selective. I too noticed that only selective room types were showing up for the discount. We lucked out with Yacht Club..... in that a Garden View was perfect fit for us. We originally had a WL Courtyard........for same price. Fortunately the AP discount was available for the YC. Interestingly it was also available for a POP Standard room too! In my gut I believe that Pandora is having an impact........along with refurbs in some resorts that's reducing the number of available rooms.

I share your frustration with paying rack rate...............haven't had to do that since 2013...............and back then I really didn't know any better. Now...............would be very difficult to do :)

Doug :goofy:
Agree - VERY selective - this is probably the worst we have ever seen and rack rate IS difficult to stomach:crazy2: but we knew it was always a possibility. We were also thinking Pandora may be at least part of the reason. Let's hope it doesn't translate to crazy crowds in all the parks!!

Unfortunately the AP didn't apply to my POP dates either...moving to AoA suite (over 2 studios)would have had me paying $60/pn more WITH the AP discount vs my current discount at POP...I thought about it, but I think $115 at POP is the best I'm gonna get at this point.

Shop around, don't taking booking through Disney as the end all be all. I used outside sources and ended up getting my best deal in years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter