**June 2016 check in**

We haven't been for 5 years but we also bought 5 day passes and taking 1 day to do a Hollywood tour. My DD (15) and niece (17) desperately want to see the Hollywood sign. We won't have a car so I'm going to book a tour. I like having the 5 day passes so that we can relax a bit. I still follow a touring plan so we can maximize our time there as well. Before kids we did park opening to park closing for 2 days. I can't imagine doing that anymore.

I'd love more details. My daughter (15) would love to see the Hollywood sign as well, but we don't have a car.

After you posted this, I looked up the date for Father's Day. 6/19. Looks like we'll be there then...my DH got a dirty look from me, because he's celebrated his last two birthdays at Disney World, and now a Father's Day at Disneyland. I'm the fanatic in the house, where's MY special occasion trip??? LOL!!! Unfortunately for me, my birthday and Mother's Day are not good travel times for us because of the kids' school schedules. Maybe one day I'll get my trip :-):-)

Looks like I need to come up with something special for DH on that day now...Hm...Ideas from anyone familiar with the area? Should we skip the parks that day because of elevated crowds?

I have been to DLR on Mother's day once several years ago. They gave out carnation flowers to all the moms - they had them available right as you walked thru the ticket/front gates. They had pins available too so you could wear the flower as a corsage. I don't remember it being super busy that day but definitely "regular" busy.:)

Quick Mother daughter trip 6/13 -6/15. In order to celebrate the beginning summer!!! Any excuse to visit Disneyland. The boys will be away!!!
Courtyard Theme Park.

We will be going to DLR June 19-23. One of my daughters is in an orchestra that will be preforming in CA and doing some backstage recording. We're stuck staying at the Clarion since they have a rehearsal room for the kids.

My sister and I are heading to Disneyland for our FIRST TRIP June 16-22. We are staying at the Candy Cane Inn. I will be celebrating my 30th birthday! :cake: I am so excited!!!

I'd love more details. My daughter (15) would love to see the Hollywood sign as well, but we don't have a car.
These are the two that I was looking at but I haven't had the chance to do a lot of research yet. Grayline tours says it picks up at over 80 Hotels and we were looking to do the LA/Hollywood and Beaches tour. Would be cheaper to rent a car for the day but we don't want to deal with the traffic. My DH commutes every day for work through Seattle traffic so when he is on vacation he doesn't want to drive at all.

http://www.starlinetours.com/anaheim-tours.asp

http://www.graylineanaheim.com/toursAna.cfm

Hi there! We'll be there June 4-9th. Staying at Hojos. Might leave a couple days early if we decide to take a trip to Legoland but not sure about that yet.

We will be going to DLR June 19-23. One of my daughters is in an orchestra that will be preforming in CA and doing some backstage recording. We're stuck staying at the Clarion since they have a rehearsal room for the kids.

Huh, the Clairon will be a bit crazy at that time! My DS15's high school band will be there those dates too! Same drill with the concert as well as recording session.

We will be going also, not as chaperones! Staying at Hampton Inn & Suites Garden Grove
Myself, DH, DD19 as well as my mom & stepdad June 21-25.
We're going to keep DS15 for two more days after the band returns home.

We've been lots of times - each with at least 3 years between, so it's different each time as the kids grow up!

I have the list on the first page updated :-):-)

:welcome: to all of our new June traveling friends!!

I've actually gotten a little planning done today! We've got a couple of Grad Nights on some of our planned park days (15th and 17th), so thinking about reworking some things. Also found out about a car show on Rodeo Dr. on Father's Day, so we might switch up our LA day plans to do that for DH.

We're going to do a whale watching tour on one of our beachy days, which will be the special event of the trip for me!

Does anyone have any favorite restaurants in the Santa Monica, Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach areas? Those are a few of the places we'll be visiting on our non-park days.

These are the two that I was looking at but I haven't had the chance to do a lot of research yet. Grayline tours says it picks up at over 80 Hotels and we were looking to do the LA/Hollywood and Beaches tour. Would be cheaper to rent a car for the day but we don't want to deal with the traffic. My DH commutes every day for work through Seattle traffic so when he is on vacation he doesn't want to drive at all.

http://www.starlinetours.com/anaheim-tours.asp

http://www.graylineanaheim.com/toursAna.cfm

Thanks. I feel the same way about driving - I want to do as little as possible when on Vacation. I'm off to check out those links now!

Hello, we're starting our road trip either the 9th or 11th, and we'll arrive in Anaheim on June 12 with plans to stay until the 20th. I chose the new Homewood Suites by the convention center this time. We are also hoping to hit other attractions, including a three night stay in San Diego.

Oh, and we're driving down from the Corvallis, OR area and just started planning this a couple of weeks ago. I'm half excited and half overwhelmed!
Yay! Another Oregon person. We are driving from Eugene. We take 2 days to drive down and usually stay somewhere half way. This year, our half way point will be Williams, CA. Not much there, but we are only needing a bed and fast food. I am the only driver, so I can't do it in one day. Good luck with the planning.

Yay! Another Oregon person. We are driving from Eugene. We take 2 days to drive down and usually stay somewhere half way. This year, our half way point will be Williams, CA. Not much there, but we are only needing a bed and fast food. I am the only driver, so I can't do it in one day. Good luck with the planning.

We are driving from Salem so just a bit further up. I will be the only driver and we also stop part way. I try to do a longer driving day the first day so we are hoping to get to Santa Nella we have stopped there before and the drive from there is manageable with some rest when we get to Anaheim so we can hit the parks running the next morning. I only wish it were closer to June.

Nice! I'm the only driver too, and we'll probably be stopping somewhere near Sacramento. Maybe closer if we leave the 9th since we'll have to leave later in the day. We plan to stay near Magic Mountain before settling in Anaheim as well.

I'm kind of struggling with choosing a place to stop, mostly due to the overwhelming number of possibilities.

We are driving from Salem so just a bit further up. I will be the only driver and we also stop part way. I try to do a longer driving day the first day so we are hoping to get to Santa Nella we have stopped there before and the drive from there is manageable with some rest when we get to Anaheim so we can hit the parks running the next morning. I only wish it were closer to June.
I haven't thought of trying to drive further, mainly because my parents used to live in Yuba City, so that was always the half-way point for us. I could possibly drive a little more the first day, so we can get to Disney earlier on travel day 2. I have no idea where Santa Nella is. Going to do some research now.

I haven't thought of trying to drive further, mainly because my parents used to live in Yuba City, so that was always the half-way point for us. I could possibly drive a little more the first day, so we can get to Disney earlier on travel day 2. I have no idea where Santa Nella is. Going to do some research now.

My goal is to get past Sacramento/Stockton and see how we feel as to how we pick our stopping point. Also depending on how early we leave helps determine how far we drive I like to stop at 5 or 6 so we can have dinner and walk around a bit to burn off some energy. My small child is 5 now (was 4 last time we drove in October) so we stop sometimes a touch more and so that adds more driving time and we may not make it that far. Santa Nella is about 645 miles from Salem (587 from Eugene) and so it can feel long the flip side of that is the drive from there to Disneyland is 340 miles and so it makes a much shorter driving day and what we do is take the time check in play in the pool relax and end up feeling good and rested for our first day in the parks.

Southern California is known for their "June Gloom" meaning overcast, gloomy type weather. We have been to DLR in June a couple of other times and have found that the mornings are overcast and cool and it isn't until around noon or later when the sun breaks through the clouds and it warms up. All that to say, I wouldn't worry about the heat.

We went in June in 2013 and that was the one thing we did notice about the weather. I was a bit surprised but we are WDW vets and we are used to the hot muggy weather of Florida...so it was a very nice surprise :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter