June 2013 pin code watch !

Looks like we are in as well. I swore we would take a year off but I'm a pushover when my youngest says "But, Dad..."

Right now we are looking at June 7 - 16. Hoping for a discount, but looking at POR since we have 5. Stayed there the first time we were on property then have stayed at POP each time since. Have always wanted to stay at OKW (just like the look, lol) but can't justify the extra $$.

Will

Looks like we are in as well. I swore we would take a year off but I'm a pushover when my youngest says "But, Dad..."

Right now we are looking at June 7 - 16. Hoping for a discount, but looking at POR since we have 5. Stayed there the first time we were on property then have stayed at POP each time since. Have always wanted to stay at OKW (just like the look, lol) but can't justify the extra $$.

Will

to check on the capacities for POR. I think I read that the trundles had been removed as part of the recent refurb. It is entirely possible I misread or misremember.

to check on the capacities for POR. I think I read that the trundles had been removed as part of the recent refurb. It is entirely possible I misread or misremember.

The trundles were removed but replaced with a small bed that pulls down from the dresser. These are still only found in the AB section of the resort.

I'm getting excited and anxious! Southwest is opening flights through August 9 on Monday, November 19th!

Is it true that with Southwest you can book flights but you are always able to change them without incurring a fee? Does this include award travel as well, booking with points?

I'm getting excited and anxious! Southwest is opening flights through August 9 on Monday, November 19th!

Is it true that with Southwest you can book flights but you are always able to change them without incurring a fee? Does this include award travel as well, booking with points?
Yes, SW will change your flight without incurring a fee. But be careful. On the lowest web only prices, the difference in amount is not refunded. It is held in a credit for one year under each ticket name, non-transferable. I'm trying to wait until the June 2013 flight prices drop. I will fly again within one year to use my credit, but my grandkids will not, so their credit will not do me any good.

I am looking for June discounts as well. Last year we got a pin I think around Jan/Feb and it was free dining. Free qs for value and moderate and regular for deluxe. Anyways the pin had dates in May. I called and they said actually I could have used it through August. Unfortunately, we had to cancel that trip and hoping to go this summer. But really need another pin or public discount offer. Has anyone heard any rumors of free dining pins or codes good for around May or June?

Yes, SW will change your flight without incurring a fee. But be careful. On the lowest web only prices, the difference in amount is not refunded. It is held in a credit for one year under each ticket name, non-transferable. I'm trying to wait until the June 2013 flight prices drop. I will fly again within one year to use my credit, but my grandkids will not, so their credit will not do me any good.

Thanks!

We booked our flights last night using the 50,000 points we earned signing up for the SW Visa card. All we paid was $15 in security fees! Plus the annual fee of $69 but what a deal! Three flights for only $84.00!

Thanks!

We booked our flights last night using the 50,000 points we earned signing up for the SW Visa card. All we paid was $15 in security fees! Plus the annual fee of $69 but what a deal! Three flights for only $84.00!

Please elaborate!!! All you do is sign up for their visa card?

Please elaborate!!! All you do is sign up for their visa card?

They had a deal a few months ago where if you signed up for the card and spent $1,000 within 3 months, they would credit your account with 50,000 rapid rewards points, which was luckily enough for us to get 3 roundtrip flights. I'm not sure what they are offering right now.

I am looking for June discounts as well. Last year we got a pin I think around Jan/Feb and it was free dining. Free qs for value and moderate and regular for deluxe. Anyways the pin had dates in May. I called and they said actually I could have used it through August. Unfortunately, we had to cancel that trip and hoping to go this summer. But really need another pin or public discount offer. Has anyone heard any rumors of free dining pins or codes good for around May or June?

We're all anxiously awaiting... Mousesavers shows that codes through June 14 came out in November, but so far, nothing for 2013 yet. I wish it would come soon though!

I called about 2 weeks ago just to see if there was anything attached to our name and the CM said that they would probably put June codes out in Jan or Feb. UGH. :crazy2:

So I got a thing in the mail today from Disney Destinations. It has prices per night, etc... and then says be sure to mention package code ..... CX5 (not really the code but similar)

Is that a pin code or is that just a generic discount?

Kristy

We received something yesterday with what sounds like the same code or type of code. It said it was good June 1-30 of 2013 (which is when we're planning to go) but when I called and gave the code I was quoted the same rates I pulled up online myself. :-(

Makes you wonder if reservations are down and they are just trying to drum up traffic - although a deal would bring more reservations!

Not necessarily. I think we are in the minority here on the DISboards. We plan, we obsess, we know what the discount rates are. We check for ourselves. I think there are a lot of people that get a mailing from Disney and just assume it is a good rate. After all, it is what they advertise. I think there are a lot of people who don't do their research and end up paying for more than they should at Disney.

Not necessarily. I think we are in the minority here on the DISboards. We plan, we obsess, we know what the discount rates are. We check for ourselves. I think there are a lot of people that get a mailing from Disney and just assume it is a good rate. After all, it is what they advertise. I think there are a lot of people who don't do their research and end up paying for more than they should at Disney.

You are so right. But then again, I agonize over getting the best price on most things I buy. It is an obsession!!! One that my DH NEVER complains about. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter