June 2013 Car Rental When Best Deals

I can not get Alamo to remove the Visa code I was trying. It allowed me to remove the coupon code, but not the contract ID. Am I doing something wrong? I am just trying different combos but will not remove it. :badpc:

tell me what browser are you using and I will try to figure it out for you. I was able to figure it out the other day for firefox.

We have two days in the middle of our June trip where we are not going to any parks. Instead, we will be doing some shopping and stuff in the orlando area. I need a rental car for these 2 days, June 6 & 7. I'd like to stay close to POR so its not that long of a drive to get and return the car. So far, the cheapest I have found for a full-size car is Thirfty at around $85 total. This just seems high to me for a 2-day local rental. Anyone have any suggestions? I would need to keep it a full size rental.

Thanks!

I can not get Alamo to remove the Visa code I was trying. It allowed me to remove the coupon code, but not the contract ID. Am I doing something wrong? I am just trying different combos but will not remove it. :badpc:

I had the same problem... I just gave up

to remove visa contract code from firefox....

click on the firefox Tools tab from the firefox toolbar (mine is in upper left corner of screen)

click on options tab
click on Privacy tab
click on Show cookies tab
type alamo into the search section
click on remove cookies until all the alamo cookies are gone (about 10)

I have been so jealous of the May renters getting such great rates with National at Shades of Green. :rolleyes: Finally, today I was able to book June 3 [pick up at SOG] to June 11 [return at Orlando Airport] using NDA2354BU [$30. entertainment coupon] and the code that is automatically entered when you log in to your Emerald membership and got a Standard SUV [Jeep Grand Cherokee or similar] for a total of $174. [full 8 day rental] :yay:

I do hope rates will come down for renting straight from MCO [need 10 day rental], but I think this is a great rate, especially considering the type of vehicle and, at this point, I'm willing to jump through a few hoops for it. :thumbsup2

Be aware that if you have an existing reservation with ALAMO for a good price. Do not log into the system and do a new search to try out rates for determining possible savings.

This happened to me. (No I did not edit the original reservation).

Customer service told me I was SOL and referred me back to the Terms of Service (FAIL).

I lost an upgrade to a standard which was already $30 cheaper. Customer service refuses to fix the issue even with email proof.

So please be advised at their system and their lack of service.

I'm looking for a car, any size is fine, for the first week of June (6/1-6/8) at MCO and the best we can find is $270. Can anyone let me help me find a better deal? We're used to paying about $150 with taxes for a compact through Enterprise, but we've never went in June before. Is June always this high? Should I just do Magic Express and have groceries delivered? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I'm looking for a car, any size is fine, for the first week of June (6/1-6/8) at MCO and the best we can find is $270. Can anyone let me help me find a better deal? We're used to paying about $150 with taxes for a compact through Enterprise, but we've never went in June before. Is June always this high? Should I just do Magic Express and have groceries delivered? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I'm not sure of your exact times, but I just checked with Alamo using the vroom vroom vroom code 299851 [you have to decide if you are comfortable with it - see previous posts] and a $30. Visa coupon AD2338FDF [you would have to use a Visa to pay for your rental] and came up with $204. total for anything from a midsize to a fullsize.

I'm not sure of your exact times, but I just checked with Alamo using the vroom vroom vroom code 299851 [you have to decide if you are comfortable with it - see previous posts] and a $30. Visa coupon AD2338FDF [you would have to use a Visa to pay for your rental] and came up with $204. total for anything from a midsize to a fullsize.

Thanks, that's a little better I'm also thinking I may just do a rental from MCO to transportation center. I mostly need to just go to the grocery store. We're staying at BLT and our girls are 1 & 6 so we'll mostly go to the Magic Kingdom so we really only need a car to get food and water.

Thanks, that's a little better I'm also thinking I may just do a rental from MCO to transportation center. I mostly need to just go to the grocery store. We're staying at BLT and our girls are 1 & 6 so we'll mostly go to the Magic Kingdom so we really only need a car to get food and water.

I know what you mean. We have gone every year in June and rates have remained higher than usual this year. We are less than a month out and they haven't dropped significantly yet.

I was able to get a great deal with Hertz using the AAA discount on their website... On the Hertz site, discounts and coupons, AAA and then you should see:

" Save $40 on a weekly rental at airport locations by including PC#179841 in your reservation.
$40 Off at the Airport!
Weekly Rental
Enter AAA CDP# "

I had to find the AAA CDP# for my state. The list link was toward the bottom of the page. Beat the Visa discount and anything else I could find by $15. Happy to be at $80 for the 6 days I need to rent.

If that's the case, it's probably cheaper to skip the car and order groceries from wegoshop or garden grocer. Sure you pay more for the groceries than you would shopping yourself, but the cost of the groceries delivered to your resort will likely be less than the total of groceries + car rental.

I was able to get a great deal with Hertz using the AAA discount on their website... On the Hertz site, discounts and coupons, AAA and then you should see:

" Save $40 on a weekly rental at airport locations by including PC#179841 in your reservation.
$40 Off at the Airport!
Weekly Rental
Enter AAA CDP# "

I had to find the AAA CDP# for my state. The list link was toward the bottom of the page. Beat the Visa discount and anything else I could find by $15. Happy to be at $80 for the 6 days I need to rent.

Can you tell me your dates and what codes you used exactly. When I enter my dates 6/4-6/9 I am getting a price of over $300/wk. My CDP number is 36. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Can you tell me your dates and what codes you used exactly. When I enter my dates 6/4-6/9 I am getting a price of over $300/wk. My CDP number is 36. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Same here. When I entered my information it was over $400. for a 10 day rental and I used the link that Hertz had on their website about the AAA $40. off and entered my CDP.

Same here. When I entered my information it was over $400. for a 10 day rental and I used the link that Hertz had on their website about the AAA $40. off and entered my CDP.

I'm trying to book through Hertz June 1-8 and get $427 AAA rate - $40 coupon + taxes ($496) for full size.
If I don't use any codes or coupons, I get $198 + taxes =$265 (save $231 without codes)
A Hotwire search says $14.95/day - $165 taxes in.
Never used Hotwire before, but it's $100 less than best rate I can find.

$40 Off at the Airport!
Weekly Rental
Enter AAA CDP# "

That is odd that its making most ressies higher, I went down from my best of 97 to the 80... I used the number for Michigan for the CDP in the drop down and then PC 179841. I didnt use the link, I typed the stuff in myself as I was playing around with a bunch of different codes.

I'm trying to get a one-way rental from MCO out to Cape Canaveral for our cruise. We need a minivan and will keep it for the week of June 22-29. Renting through Budget costs over $600.00! Anything cheaper out there?

Just booked with Alamo 06/01 - 06/11 [10 day rental] using the Disney AP code 860292 and the Visa $30. coupon AD2338FDF for a total of $192. standard size.

My concern is that it was $50. more if I put in my arrival as 1:00 pm versus 2:00 pm. We are returning the car at 10:00 am on 6/11, so I'm not concerned about the length of time I have the vehicle. I'm more concerned because, absent any flight delays, I will actually be picking up the car around 1:00 pm, not the 2:00 pm. I entered. Googling isn't giving me any solid answers if this will be an issue. Has anyone tried this here before and was turned away?

Just booked with Alamo 06/01 - 06/11 [10 day rental] using the Disney AP code 860292 and the Visa $30. coupon AD2338FDF for a total of $192. standard size.

My concern is that it was $50. more if I put in my arrival as 1:00 pm versus 2:00 pm. We are returning the car at 10:00 am on 6/11, so I'm not concerned about the length of time I have the vehicle. I'm more concerned because, absent any flight delays, I will actually be picking up the car around 1:00 pm, not the 2:00 pm. I entered. Googling isn't giving me any solid answers if this will be an issue. Has anyone tried this here before and was turned away?

It's pretty bad when you start quoting yourself, but no-one else seems to be interested in this thread. :bitelip: I am know at $181. for a standard vehicle with Alamo using just the Insiders log on and the $30. coupon quoted above. I was even able to put in my actual time of 1:00 p.m. so I am good as gold now. Hope this helps someone. :thumbsup2

I finally booked through Dollar, just using the city special. $193 for a full size car for June 1st thru 8th. I'm happy with that, but will be monitoring in case it goes down more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter