June 2013 Car Rental When Best Deals

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Mikscrap, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Mikscrap

Mikscrap Earning My Ears

Rates on car rentals for June are really high right now, I know its 6 months away but am wondering what is the window to get the good car deals.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JLMommy

JLMommy Mouseketeer

I'm looking for August 2013 and finding the same thing. The best I've found so far is from Budget.. $355 from Aug 20-29.

Check out rental car mama for their discount code.

4. LuvOrlando

LuvOrlando DIS Veteran

I have been looking myself and you are right they are high. My issue is I am bringing 2 of my children's teenage friends so I will need to behave as a family of 6, which I am just not used to doing. Getting to WDW isn't an issue but since our flight leaves really early to go home I need to bypass ME or wake up at 3am. Oddly when I went to the Alamo website I was shuttled to The Shades of Green as the only pick up site it saw (odd) and discovered that the prices there are much cheaper (yay). SO what we will possibly be doing is catching ME in but traveling over to SOG 3 days into the trip to pick up a week long rental for hundreds less than other places quoted, I saved a ressie but will cancel if I find something better, nearly $400 with taxes and all is a bit high but I never needed a minivan before so I don't really know what is good or not.

In the past picking up at the Alamo at the Dolphin when at EPCOT did the trick but for me, not this time with the minivan

I am also toying with a limo or something for just round trip to universal 2 days and back to MCO, I don't have any idea how to deal with 6 people. Its not easy

5. momtojandj

momtojandj Mouseketeer

I am watching as well for June rental car, hoping prices go down.

6. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

Just booked 6/8, returning 6/14 - weekly rental

National

midsize car, emerald aisle

code: 8572130 - Flying Blue/AirFrance/KLM

coupon: $30 Entertainment electronic version

$185.04:drive:

crazy low compared to the $400+ rate earlier this week on the sites i checked

OP - didn't see an 'official' rental car thread for June, 2013, via a search...why not change the title of this one?

7. jamzmama

jamzmama Earning My Ears

Sounds like you got a great deal. I'm looking for a deal myself. I would need a big enough car/van for 6 people. Hope they go down soon.

8. keishashadow

for my week using the code without a coupon total is $304 for a minivan

9. jamzmama

jamzmama Earning My Ears

Wow that's a great deal! What code did you use? We actually need to rent a car for 10 days.

10. keishashadow

see earlier post in thread for particulars;)

11. grodgers49

grodgers49 Mouseketeer

We also got a minivan for 304.00 for June 15-22 with the KLM code. I haven't seen anything else close to that price.

Q

12. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

7-10 days before your trip. That is when the rental companys will release their last minute deals. I always wait to the last minute to book and for our last 4 trips I have only paid less than $100 for a mid size for a week with Alamo

13. keishashadow

I check up until the day before and haven't had a rental under $100 for years plugging in all the popular code combos across several providers. The rate i have on current June res is less than i paid for either of our two trips in MCO in '12, so i'm happy enough but will keep checking.;)

Regardless of codes/coupons, imo it's really dependent upon what size vehicle you require and if booking during popular times...even a couple days one way or the other is enough to make me cringe as to the difference in price during our annual Oct trip preceeding Columbus Day.:bitelip:

14. travelcoupons

travelcoupons DIS Veteran

Yep, usually about Tuesday they come out with the next weeks discounts... http://www.rentalcodes.com/last_minute.html
    has a list that gets updated weekly.

15. quagmire0

quagmire0 Mouseketeer

I've done some digging and I haven't found a better deal than the KLM code. Use it while it's hot! :rotfl: Had previously reserved a minivan for June @ $335. Noticed today it was $304 and rebooked. Going through the usual other channels (i.e. carrentals.com, and the rest), minivans are still ~$140+ higher.

16. quagmire0

quagmire0 Mouseketeer

Also, I found a trick with the National website. I noticed that when I tried to cancel my previous reservation online, it was saying I couldn't do so. On accident, I just happened to have my cancellation page open (the one saying I couldn't cancel on nationalcar.com) and also opened another tab to create a new reservation. When I clicked to create the new reservation, I actually got a screen that told me my previous reservation was now cancelled - and got an email confirmation as well. Saved me a call. :D Closed the browser and went back in and created the new reservation with no problem.

17. keishashadow

who knew?:thumbsup2 i always send an email to avoid having to call

were you signed into your national account?

18. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

We paid $17.96 a day last year in June! This year it's $119 a day. I am trying to rent in Tampa and return in Orlando, maybe it's more that way???

19. jamzmama

jamzmama Earning My Ears

Where do you do you find this klm code?

20. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

I need to do the same thing. What:faint: sticker shock!!

21. disneygal55

disneygal55 DIS Veteran

When I tried the code I got a fantastic rate for a minivan but...the code was for Jet Blue/Air France. It stated that right next to the price breakdown where the code discount was.