June 20, 2009 Magic

Ok....I'm still brainstorming. Does anyone like any of these?

Tearing up Tortola

Taking in the sights in Tortola

Ticking away the Time 'til Tortola

Toddling off Towards Tortola

Lettie: I'm a teacher, so when people ask a question, I feel compelled to come up w/ answer or solution.

I won't tell anyone my favorite. I'll let the group decide if they want a name change at all.

Can I fit in this group if I tell you that my son(s) will likely end up in marching band? They love music. They've taking piano since they were 5 & now the oldest has been in the school band for 2 years. He was just invited to move up to bass clarinet by the band director. He's very excited.

I think I like this the best...

Ticking away the Time 'til Tortola

your a chatting person like me....I think we'll get along just fine. It drives my dh crazy I tend to talk to anyone...I know no strangers! My ds is this way...then there's my dh and dd. Their so shy...people take it wrong...once they warm up to someone their just like me.

lettie

Lettie--I think we'll hit it off great. I learned from my Mom how to make friends quickly. It is harder for those who are not as outgoing.

Does anyone else want to chime in on a name?

Tickin' Away Time 'Til Tortola

I'm really looking forward to seeing what excursions they plan for Tortola.

Have a great weekend everyone! :cool1:

We are booked on the June 20, 2009 Tortala cruise on the Magic. We booked yesterday and had hard time doing it. They were booked up the fist time are travel agent tried to book us.:sad1: My DD Michelle continued to check the disney site and called the TA back (after hours) and as she was in the office she got right on it and we were able to book this cruise.

We have not been on a Disney cruise :sad1:
I was at Disney Land in 1964 as a young adult with my new husband and my parents and sisters and brother.
In Sept 1993 with DD#1and DS#1
In Jan 1999 with DD#1, DS#1, DD#2,DSIL,and Bethine DGD age 4.
Jan 2004 same group with the addition of DGD Caitlin age 4
Sept 2005 with DD#1&2, DS#1, and both grand daughtetrs.
Our last trip was Dec 2007 with DD#1, DS#1 and both Gd by now age 13 & 8.

We At first booked a 3day land and 4day sea because we thought the girls would insist on doing Disney, but they were all for the longer cruise.:cheer2:
My daughter and I had decided that we really could not do the things we wanted to do in just 4 days.

I have never posted on a message board before, So I may have not done this quite right. We are from Oklahoma City and would love to be a part of your group. there will be myself 66 (at time of cruise) DD Michelle 43(atoc) Bethanie(atoc) and Caitlin 9(atoc).

Oh" I like Tooling toward Tortala

My name is magie. I am a reg nurse and I work in an Intensive care uint on the night shift. I am a single mother, and big Disney fan.

Magie

We are booked on the June 20, 2009 Tortala cruise on the Magic. We booked yesterday and had hard time doing it. They were booked up the fist time are travel agent tried to book us.:sad1: My DD Michelle continued to check the disney site and called the TA back (after hours) and as she was in the office she got right on it and we were able to book this cruise.

We have not been on a Disney cruise :sad1:
I was at Disney Land in 1964 as a young adult with my new husband and my parents and sisters and brother.
In Sept 1993 with DD#1and DS#1
In Jan 1999 with DD#1, DS#1, DD#2,DSIL,and Bethine DGD age 4.
Jan 2004 same group with the addition of DGD Caitlin age 4
Sept 2005 with DD#1&2, DS#1, and both grand daughtetrs.
Our last trip was Dec 2007 with DD#1, DS#1 and both Gd by now age 13 & 8.

We At first booked a 3day land and 4day sea because we thought the girls would insist on doing Disney, but they were all for the longer cruise.:cheer2:
My daughter and I had decided that we really could not do the things we wanted to do in just 4 days.

I have never posted on a message board before, So I may have not done this quite right. We are from Oklahoma City and would love to be a part of your group. there will be myself 66 (at time of cruise) DD Michelle 43(atoc) Bethanie(atoc) and Caitlin 9(atoc).

Oh" I like Tooling toward Tortala

Hey....we're from Oklahoma too! We're in the Piedmont area! Not too far from you....welcome aboard!

We are booked on this cruise - me and my daughter who will be 18 and celebrating her high school graduation

busy time for us now - she is on 2 swim teams and her high school swim team season is hot and heavy right now

Hi all!! we are booked on this cruise and going for my daughter's graduation and also my nephew! They will both be 18th! Can't believe they are going to graduate :sad1: ..........but so excited about the cruise!!

We have 4 cabins and 8 people total! 5 adults, the 2 18 yr olds (guess they are adults too :sad2: ) and an 8 yr old at the time!:thumbsup2

Welcome Lisa & Magie!

I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time.

Magie: Don't sweat it about posting on these boards. Just go w/ what you are comfortable w/ and if you have questions just post them here or on the main DCL boards. This will be our 3rd cruise, so I'm no expert, but I can try.

Are all your trips to Disneyland or WDW? I want to learn about DL. We may try for 2010/2011 in CA. I don't plan too far ahead or anything.

Lisa: Is it your DD or DS who will be 8 in 2009? I'll have a DS who will be turning 9 the day we depart. He's very outgoing. My 12 DS knows the ship like the back of his hand. If you get turned around onboard, he's your man.

Is anyone else on here a DVC member? We joined in 99, but don't cruise on points. It's cheaper to do the onboard rebooking for a dummy date & then bump it out to the date we really want.

Is anyone planning a few days at WDW before or after their trip?

We've done a 2-4 days before & then take a limo to the cruise.

Take care everyone!

Welcome Lisa & Magie!

I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time.

Magie: Don't sweat it about posting on these boards. Just go w/ what you are comfortable w/ and if you have questions just post them here or on the main DCL boards. This will be our 3rd cruise, so I'm no expert, but I can try.

Are all your trips to Disneyland or WDW? I want to learn about DL. We may try for 2010/2011 in CA. I don't plan too far ahead or anything.

Lisa: Is it your DD or DS who will be 8 in 2009? I'll have a DS who will be turning 9 the day we depart. He's very outgoing. My 12 DS knows the ship like the back of his hand. If you get turned around onboard, he's your man.

Is anyone else on here a DVC member? We joined in 99, but don't cruise on points. It's cheaper to do the onboard rebooking for a dummy date & then bump it out to the date we really want.

Is anyone planning a few days at WDW before or after their trip?

We've done a 2-4 days before & then take a limo to the cruise.

Take care everyone!

It's actually my nephew that will be 8! He will turn 9 in Oct.09! This will be his 4th Disney cruise so it's like his 2nd home!;)

I don't think we can fit in/afford to do WDW before or after like we've done before! We are paying WAY more money since we had to switch from May 23rd to June 20th! :headache: :scared1: :eek:

I have not been to dl since 1964. All of my trips have been to dw. Our last trip in dec 07 was the first time we stayed on property, it was to have been a special trip for my younger daughter (mother of my 2 grandaughters) as she was dying of breast cancer. Unfortunatly she died last June.

We had at first booked a 4day sea and 3day land vacation,but we changed to the 7 day eastern because we felt the change would be good for the girls. They realy didn't seam to have as much fun on this last trip as we had hoped.:sad2: I am sure they were missing their mother, I know I was.

This will be my 2nd cruise, my first on Disney. Living in Ok. Galviston Tx is such an easy port to get to(7 hr drive) that ships leaving from there offer a very attractive option. I realy don't like to fly but I am getting use to it.

My Gd Bethanie will be 14 and her sister Caitlin will be 9. They are both looking foward to this trip. We are planing on doing a dalphin swim in Tortula. This will need to be booked through the company as DCL only offers the Dalphin encounter. This will be the big excersion for us mostly I am looking at spending my time onbord the ship and joining in all the activities offered.
I am really excited about this trip and am not at all sure I will be able to wait more than a year. Maybe I will be able to find a cruise I can take some time this year. Ofcourse the girls will have to stay home as I would only be able to aford to go during the school year. I geuss I will need to find someone else to go with me. Any takers.

It's spring break for us next week!!! And I'm so really for a break....when is spring break for everyone else? Any plans? We're just heading down to San Antonio. No, Disney trip this spring break....

swim season is over for us - finally

our spring break starts 03/28 - but no trip - we had to cancel our plans - whaaaaa

sitting here looking at the 2 ft of snow we got over the weekend - it will take awhile to melt

I am bailing out on you guys. I switched over to the Westbound Repo today. The kids and I really need to get away now rather than later. As you may see in my signature, my husband recently passed away, and to compound the misery, he was murdered on the job by a burglar. We need to get out of the house for a while and get away. Sorry to bail out but SPH 5020 is now open, so if anyone would like it, it should be available.

tammyalphabet I was sorry to hear about your loss and change of plans. :sad1: I am sure everyone understands and will miss you in Tortola.:flower3: Thanks for posting I was able to change our cabin assignment we now have a SPH:banana: :yay: :yay:

tammyalphabet I was sorry to hear about your loss and change of plans. :sad1: I am sure everyone understands and will miss you in Tortola.:flower3: Thanks for posting I was able to change our cabin assignment we now have a SPH:banana: :yay: :yay:

Thanks so much. I am so glad that you got the SPH!! I was hoping a diser would get it.

Tammy

I am so sorry to here of you loss. You and your family will be in my thouthts and prayers.
I think that getting away for a while will be good for all of you. It will give you some time be together away from the demands of daily life.

Magie

I am bailing out on you guys. I switched over to the Westbound Repo today. The kids and I really need to get away now rather than later. As you may see in my signature, my husband recently passed away, and to compound the misery, he was murdered on the job by a burglar. We need to get out of the house for a while and get away. Sorry to bail out but SPH 5020 is now open, so if anyone would like it, it should be available.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...I'll be praying for you and your family.

Thank you for posting your change in plans. Ibmickey is my daughte and that is the very room we had wanted when we first decided to take this cruise, she was able to get on line and book it for us. We received a conformation from our travel agent yesterday. Take good care of your family you will be in our thaoughts and pray

Magie

Tammy please enjoy being together away from home. It sounds like a wonderful plan.

May you find peace through the pain in time. God bless!

Do we have any DVC members on our thread?

If so, I'm looking for help in complaining to DVC about the new $95 to stay at a non-DVC Disney resort such as the Polynesian or even Coronado Springs. If more people complain, they may change the policy.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1759010

If more people complain, they may change the policy.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1759010

I'm mad as (h-e-double-hockey sticks ) and I'm not gonna take it any more!:mad: :mad: :mad:

This just plain stinks.......

We own points at SSR and AKV, just sold my VWL.

Were do we stay? BCV of course.

I just wonder if is this legal / within the guidelines....?

BTW, I can't wait for the trip, we had to cancel the May repo - Cat.2 due to business issues, I booked this as consolation......:sad1: We may be trying to do a back to back, 7 days is not enough!

Nuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter