June 15 - June 22 2013 Eastern Fantasy

Thanks for the welcome message :). I look forward to her meeting girls her age early on as I understand friendships develop quickly & I'd hate for her to "miss out." I am nervous about the "freedom" they have in the kids areas @ this age so hoping to match her up with some trustworthy, responsible girls! We are all so excited about this big vacation!

Thanks for the welcome message :). I look forward to her meeting girls her age early on as I understand friendships develop quickly & I'd hate for her to "miss out." I am nervous about the "freedom" they have in the kids areas @ this age so hoping to match her up with some trustworthy, responsible girls! We are all so excited about this big vacation!

I don't expect to be worried about either one of my kids while on the cruise. I've shown them videos of the kid's area and that's all they can talk about. I think of it more as our "freedom" than of it being theirs if that helps. They will be in good hands when they are not with us. ::yes::

I'm with you about being nervous. I trust her, but worry about the ability to leave the clubs and roam. She is very trustworthy, and I feel like if I tell her to call before leaving, she will. I'm still a nervous momma!

Does anyone know:
I have read about group activities for them leaving the club. Are they running through the ship or with a cast member?

I have this insane fear of her roaming in areas she should not because she is lost. On that big of a boat, with 4,000 people, it could be very nerve racking!

Hi all! My name is Kim & I just learned about DIS boards last night! I've never been on a forum so forgive me if I didn't post this correctly. My family is sailing this cruise and we are very excited! I am only just learning about the FE and am VERY interested in getting my daughters involved (ages 5 & 11). Looking for details as to exactly how it works. I've PM'd the person who seems to be "in charge" but, based on my lack of knowledge, am not sure if that person will recv the message.
I am also very interested in making sure we participate in whatever meet & greet takes place on day 1 in effort to get my girls in touch with others their ages. Your help with all of this is MUCH appreciated. I am stressing all of the sudden and I thought I had my trip all in order!! =)

Hi Kim! Welcome to our friendly and oh so helpful group!!! This is our first cruise as well and our crew includes me, Anne, DH (Jeff), DS (9), DD (8), and DS (6). We look forward to getting to meet you and your family :)

Only 32 more days!!!

I'm with you about being nervous. I trust her, but worry about the ability to leave the clubs and roam. She is very trustworthy, and I feel like if I tell her to call before leaving, she will. I'm still a nervous momma!

Does anyone know:
I have read about group activities for them leaving the club. Are they running through the ship or with a cast member?

I have this insane fear of her roaming in areas she should not because she is lost. On that big of a boat, with 4,000 people, it could be very nerve racking!

For kids who are young enough to get checked in and out, they are ALWAYS with a cast member. I don't know if it is like this on the Fantasy, but on the Magic and the Wonder they even had a back hallway out of the club that minimized the time the kids were in big public spaces while they were in transit. Also, if the kids are in a different location, you still have to go through check-in and check-out procedures to pick up and drop off. It is all very organized, and I have always felt confident in their security.

For older kids, yes, they can go out and about all around the ship. We have established certain rules, such as don't make an **** of yourself, NEVER go into anyone else's cabin, and check in at designated times.

Does anyone know:

Is your daughter also 11 y.o.? I would love for them to meet @ meet & greet! I will look forward to an answer to your question about whether a Cast member chaperones the "out & about" activities.

Is your daughter also 11 y.o.? I would love for them to meet @ meet & greet! I will look forward to an answer to your question about whether a Cast member chaperones the "out & about" activities.

Yes, she will actually turn 11 in 2 weeks which she reminds me of daily. :) I'd love for them to meet as well. I don't know how well I'm going to do with this "letting go"!;)

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another month has gone by.
We now have only

months to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

SO excited about cruising on the Fantasy next month! Would like to join the FE Exchange, but cannot PM Tigger/Pooh until I have 10 posts (new to Disboards). Looks like I'll be posting today!

Hello everyone. I'll reintroduce myself because I have been lurking.

I'll be cruising with our extended family, all 11 of us.:cool1:

3 of the 11 are children. All girls. An 11 year old and 2 9 year olds. Cute as a button twins. I am making it my mission on this cruise to be able to tell them apart! I usually just see them for a few hours at a time so this will be a good opportunity.:goodvibes

I talked with their mom yesterday and mentioned how at the meet the kids could get to know one another.
So, we'll be joining you for the meet. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

PS You are a great bunch of Dis-ers!:)

SO excited about cruising on the Fantasy next month! Would like to join the FE Exchange, but cannot PM Tigger/Pooh until I have 10 posts (new to Disboards). Looks like I'll be posting today!

:welcome: aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. Glad you can join us in the fun. Since you do not have 10 posts your PM will not go through but I am the one running the FE. Sorry to let you know but we had a cutoff for signups at 75 days before the cruise. Sorry. Look at this way, it is a good reason to rebook for another cruise so you can join up the FE for that one. Also please please feel free to join the conversation over on the Facebook Page as well. The link is in the first post of this thread. We do plan a meet up of the group in the D Lounge on the Fantasy (deck 4 midships) at 3pm on embarkation day. If you have any questions regarding the cruise please feel free to ask here or over on the FB page.

Hello everyone. I'll reintroduce myself because I have been lurking.

I'll be cruising with our extended family, all 11 of us.:cool1:

3 of the 11 are children. All girls. An 11 year old and 2 9 year olds. Cute as a button twins. I am making it my mission on this cruise to be able to tell them apart! I usually just see them for a few hours at a time so this will be a good opportunity.:goodvibes

I talked with their mom yesterday and mentioned how at the meet the kids could get to know one another.
So, we'll be joining you for the meet. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

PS You are a great bunch of Dis-ers!:)

:welcome: aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. Glad you can join us. Also please please feel free to join the conversation over on the Facebook Page as well. The link is in the first post of this thread. We do plan a meet up of the group in the D Lounge on the Fantasy (deck 4 midships) at 3pm on embarkation day. If you have any questions regarding the cruise please feel free to ask here or over on the FB page.

Me again! Can anyone verify if, when on the Full day snorkel/beach excursion in St. Thomas, we all wear life vests on the boat & in the water? I am interested in knowing this for my 5 y/.o. who is not a strong swimmer. I was told on a FB comment that noodles should be available but wanted to check the life vest option. I can just picture her wearing out before the others of us are done and just needing to "float" for awhile.

:welcome: aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. Glad you can join us. Also please please feel free to join the conversation over on the Facebook Page as well. The link is in the first post of this thread. We do plan a meet up of the group in the D Lounge on the Fantasy (deck 4 midships) at 3pm on embarkation day. If you have any questions regarding the cruise please feel free to ask here or over on the FB page.

Thank you. I'm not a facebooker (oh the humanity!) but I think my SIL may be. I'll send her the link.:thumbsup2

Add me to the list for the Fantasy cruise June 15-22, 2013
I will not be doing the FE so don't add me to that list.
Thanks, G. George

Welcome everyone that's new!!! This is a awesome group and really looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone!

Joan :yay:

Good morning, DIS friends! Does anyone know if I can purchase my Wifi hours in advance? We've always set them up once we boarded, but I wanted to present them as a gift to DH before we go. Can I call in and have them added to our stateroom account before we go? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter