June 1, 2006--Wonder Cruise!

Disneynut1955 said:
If I may ask, what are the ages of your children? My wife and I did the Atlantis thing on our cruise in January (by booking a room at Comfort Suites) and did not enjoy it. Just our opinion, but thought I might pass it along and answer any questions you may have.

Can I ask what you didn't enjoy about it. I've got the Atlantis Beach Day reserved and this is making me second guess it. My Dr. recommended the Comfort Suites since he stays here a couple times a year. I was thinking of changing the Beach Day over to a room for the day at CS, but now I'm concerned. Any info you could provide would help me decide-- I don't want to waste a couple hundred $ on an excursion that's not worth it.

Karen

83 Honeymoon DTD Hotel
85 DTD
88 DTD
91 DTD
94 DTD
97 CBR
03 POR
06 Polynesian/Wonder

my Ds is 11 and would like to chat with anyone about Disney. We are doing the same and staying at the POR. We noticed that you stayed there serveral years ago and would love to know what you thought. Let me know how the boy's can get together online. Send a private message or have them chat on this thread? My DS is excited about the opportunity.

Disneynut1955 said:
If I may ask, what are the ages of your children? My wife and I did the Atlantis thing on our cruise in January (by booking a room at Comfort Suites) and did not enjoy it. Just our opinion, but thought I might pass it along and answer any questions you may have.
Hi! My daughter will be 11 in a few weeks, and my son just turned 8. Can I ask why you didn't like it? We have friends who have been and loved it, but that was a couple of years ago. Please fill me in on your experience. I definitely don't want to get everyone all hyped up and then be disappointed (and broke)! :) It's taken me since last July to get this trip completely paid for, so I am hoping that we love every second of it! So, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me more! Thanks!

Susan

Good4chunns said:
my Ds is 11 and would like to chat with anyone about Disney. We are doing the same and staying at the POR. We noticed that you stayed there serveral years ago and would love to know what you thought. Let me know how the boy's can get together online. Send a private message or have them chat on this thread? My DS is excited about the opportunity.
We stayed at POR last May and absolutely loved it! The property is beautiful, and my kids really enjoyed the pool! I will say that it is a lot of walking if you need to get to the food area or lobby, but it is gorgeous! We traveled with a lot of my family, and my mom had a hard time with all of the walking, but the rest of us didn't mind it a bit. It was our first on site stay, and I don't think we'd have it any other way now!

We are cruising and then staying at All Star Movies for a few days to do the parks. We'd like to check out the value resorts just to compare them to the moderate to see if the difference in price is really worth it or not. :confused3

Let me know if you have any other questions about POR. I'd be glad to answer them if I can!

Susan

Good4chunns said:
We are doing the same and staying at the POR. We noticed that you stayed there serveral years ago and would love to know what you thought.

As far as POR, we loved it there. My parents took us all back in 2003 (14 of us before magical gatherings were big) and we had a blast. We were in the Alligator Bayou section which is a little further away from the main bldg, but it's a pleasant walk and pretty close to the main pool and one of the quiet pools. POFQ was closed for rehab when we were there so we never got to got to the dragon pool, but we would have loved to. The only thing that was a downfall was that the bathrooms were starting to show their age a bit. Other than that we liked everything and would definitely stay there again. Love the water taxi service to DTD and the grounds of POR itself. Tip - if you're in the AB section, try walking to the parking lot and then around to the bus stop (we found it was shorter for us).

I pmd you on the pen pal thing. TTYL.

Karen

83 Honeymoon DTD Hotel
85 DTD
88 DTD
91 DTD
94 DTD
97 CBR
03 POR
06 Polynesian/Wonder

Hi,
We are on the 6/1 Wonder as well, with a 11 y/o ds. Actually he turns 12 on 6/1. It might be nice if he has a chance to e-mail somebody his age that will be on the boat as well. He loves basketball, and enjoys all sports.
We will be staying at POFQ for 5 days before the cruise, then going to Coca Beach for 2 days after the cruise. We can't wait! :banana: If you have any interest in hooking up the kids, pm me and we can figure out how to get the kids in contact.
Thanks,
Dan

I simply love these boards. thanks to everyone who's posted so far. My kids are extremely excited and even more so now that some of you have been kind enough to provide introductions. disnut looking forward to the send off party.

I think the DW and I have decided to stay onboard when we get to Nassua. We've also become intrigued by the couples spa treatment. Has anyone else heard about this? sounds very exciting.

I haven't heard from the folks that started this thread and would love to touch base with you guys.

We're staying on board in Nassau as well. We plan on snorkling at CC. We just bought Body Glove snorkle sets for all of us (masks, snorkle, goggles, flippers and net bag) at Sam's. Very reasonable. Has anyone snorkled at CC? DS (4) is not a strong swimmer and uses a floatie suit (just bought a floatie suit for him as well at Sam's w/spf 65 built in). Will he be able to use the trails?

Jpa - sounds like you've been onboard with Disney before? This is the first time for us to experience CC. As far as the trails, I'm sorry to say I don't know what those are.

Hi, all!
My family will be on the June 1 Wonder cruise as well. My DS is 12 and DD is 6. We have booked the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau and Stingray Encounter at CC. We're very excited about our 1st cruise and would love to meet up with some fellow Diser's. :Pinkbounc

Laura

rebecsu said:
Hi, all!
My family will be on the June 1 Wonder cruise as well. My DS is 12 and DD is 6. We have booked the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau and Stingray Encounter at CC. We're very excited about our 1st cruise and would love to meet up with some fellow Diser's. :Pinkbounc

Laura
:thumbsup2 My son(9) :darth: and I :tink: will be going on our 1st cruise June 1 Disney Wonder :cheer2:
We can't wait . Were also booked the dolphin encounter in nassau. Also going to WDW before the cruise so I hope we don't get to tried. It would be nice to meet up.

Angela

Hi, Angela!

We are doing the 9:25 Dolphin Encounter. What time do you have booked?
38 days to go....... :cool1:

Laura

I can't believe we are only 33 days away from our first cruise! :thumbsup2
I do have two questions:
1) Do we need sweaters, light jackets for this cruise for evening/shows? My wife gets cold easily.
2) If we are verifying our identities with birth certificates, does my wife need to bring our marriage certificate?
As always, thanks for the advice!!

Dan

My DH and I will be on the 6/1 cruise as well. We're leaving our kids at home and going by ourselves to celebrate our 11th anniversary! We were going to go last year for our 10th anniversary, but our youngest DD was born 4 days before our anniversary!

We've done the 4 day cruise, so this will be our second DCL trip. We have Palo booked for our anniversary on 6/3, and other than that we plan to just hang out and relax! :love:

It's so sad around here these days. I'm getting zero work done. constantly daydreaming about disney or checking the boards for new updates or chating with others about our resort and ADR's. Finally got our flight information from our TA the other day. which was very interesting to say the least. The way she had typed out the information in our confirmation letter made it look like we were arriving in Orlando and then leaving the same day.

28 May 2006 Sunday
AIR American Air FLGT #****
LV DFW 850 am
AR ORL 1215 pm

04 June 06 Sunday
Disney Wonder

28 May 2006 Sunday
AIR American Air FLGT # ****
LV ORL 1205 pm
AR DFW 157 pm
Thank You have a great trip

We were a little uncertain about it but called immediately and clamed our fears. You see how it could be a little confusing don't you.

KidsLuv - I swear it looks like we are married to the same women. I need an answer on the jacket question as well. I've told the wife I don't think it's necessary to take her fur.

thanks to the DIS boards my DS has already made a few friends but my DD is becoming a bit jealous. If anyone would like to make a friend send me a PM and you may help keep the peace in my home.

Happy Anniversary MRsM

Good4chunn---I'm right there with you! I cannot seem to get anything done these days because I am so excited about this trip! I think I am actually driving my kids nuts. I teach, and my kids go to school with me every day, so when we get in the car, each morning I tell them how many more days until our trip. Of course, I've sortof been doing this since we booked our trip last July, so maybe that is why they are tired of it? :confused3 I cannot believe we are just 30 days away! I see you are doing a land/sea. We are doing WDW after the cruise. We probably are doing things all backwards, but I'm just glad we are going to WDW while we are there. Counting down with you! :thumbsup2

So has anyone gotten their final cruise documentation? Last time I talked to Disney they said they would be done at 30 days out. It'd be great to hear if anyone has received them yet.

Anxiously awaiting them.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter