June 1, 2006--Wonder Cruise!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by wishgiver7, Jan 3, 2006.

1. wishgiver7

wishgiver7 Earning My Ears

HI!!! It's my first DCL cruise (and my first cruise since 1991). Me and my best friend are both 19 years old..we are traveling together and we're Cat 9 passengers. anyone else going on this 3 night cruise???

any pointers/tips for some first timers..and being 19 yrs old??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wishgiver7

wishgiver7 Earning My Ears

bump!!!

4. Good4chunns

Good4chunns Earning My Ears

Wishgiver wer are there with you. my wonderful family DW, DD, and DS are excited aobut our first ever crusie as well. Sorry no tips from us. Not many have posted about this June 1st trip on this site. I'm a little concerned. Should I be?

5. kidzluvwdw

kidzluvwdw Earning My Ears

We are also on the June 1st cruise and have been surprised there have been no threads on it. Thanks for starting one. I can't help much, because this is our first cruise - we are dh, dm, dd, ds and dmil - booked in two cat 11 cabins. I'm looking forward to hearing from others on our cruise. :thumbsup2

6. Good4chunns

Welcome aboard kidzluv. Looks like you've got a big crew traveling with you. We are staying at POR riverside before heading out for our cruise. We haven't been back to WDW since 2000 millineum celebration. We are watching the video of that trip as I type. So excited.

7. kidzluvwdw

Thank you Good4chunns. We are staying at POFQ beforehand and doing 4 days in the parks (can't wait to do EE :cool1: ) and one day in a water park - probably BB. How are you getting to the dock for the cruise? We are doing a one day car rental. I figured it will be less expensive for the 5 of us.

8. Good4chunns

We have arranged our trip with a Travel agent. From reading other post on this site this can be a good thing and this can be a bad thing. With that said. I am thinking that all of our transfers have been taken care of. Disney is to pick us up at the airport and transfer us magically to WDW. We are under the impression that the same applies for our transfer to the port. And then from the port back to Orlando Int. Airport. I'm getting a little feaked out now but I'm sure it'll all work out.

Have you booked any of the excursions? And is it true that Palo does not do the brunch on 3 night cruises? Still curious as to why others have not responded to this thread but I'm not going to take it personally.

9. kidzluvwdw

We have not booked any excursions yet. We might stay on the boat during the Nasau stop. I hear that is a good time to do things on the boat. With nobody speaking out on going on this cruise, maybe they are less than capacity and therefore, we can get an upgrade!! :thumbsup2
    I don't know about the brunch - sorry. We are not planning on dining at Palo's. We've got enough clothes to pack for a 12 day trip, let alone any halfway nice clothes for Palo's. Plus I've read mixed reviews about Palo's. But I am thinking about booking the Rasul Steam bath :rolleyes1
    Have a great weekend!

10. Disneynut1955

Disneynut1955 <font color=blue>Sheeple Alert<br><font color=dark

Hi everyone! My name is David. My wife (Monica) and I will be on this cruise. We were on the Wonder in January (our first 3 night cruise) and had a lot of fun so we are returning for another 3 night in June. We hope to learn a little about everyone prior to sailing. We are off to Hawaii next week so we will be unable to post for a week or so. Maybe we can arrange a DIS meet during the sail-away party?

11. Good4chunns

Disneynut, you're killing me. Like I said earlier this is our first ever cruise(Disney or otherwise). The Chunn's are a wonderful family of four from Fort Worth Texas. DW just turned 40 this January and is one hot mama. DD is 12 and DS is 11 and both are extremely excited about the trip. We last visited the Magic Kingdom in 00 for the Milenium Celebration when they were 5 and 6. It was magical. Something special took place everyday at the happiest place on earth. our stay was much too short then, so about 3 years ago we promised to return for a longer stay. It's taken us that long to save up.

We'd love to get together and take a peek at that Disney suite.

Hang loose bro,

12. Good4chunns

come on people, are you kidding me? this is all that's on board? Oh boy, reservations should not be a problem for any excursion. I wonder if they'll upgrade me?

Seriously I read somewhere that the disney dining plan is out for cruise package holders. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

13. Disneynut1955

We are back from Hawaii! We had a great time but I really enjoy the Disney cruises more than regular vacations. You are free to come and check out the room, however, we have a Cat. 2 on this cruise (not a Disney suite). If everyone wants to get together for a sailaway party, drinks are on me!

14. jpa1121

jpa1121 Earning My Ears

we're on this one: Myself, DH, DD (6), DS (4), my dad & stepmom. First time for all of us on DCL. First cruise ever for my kids but 2nd for DH, dad and stepmom, and 3rd for me. My kids are so excited they talk about going on the "Big Boat with Micky Mouse" almost every day.

15. kidzluvwdw

Well it's good to hear from a few more on our cruise. We are so excited, this is our first cruise as well. I have a dd 13 and ds11 (turning 12 during the cruise). I guess my main question is what excursions do you all have booked?

16. Good4chunns

welcome aboard jpa. You guys should have a blast. My kids were the same age when we made our first trip to WDW. I would think that the cruise experience would be even better for the little ones.

No excursions booked just yet. My DD and DS are interested in the dolphin encounter and DW is interested doing the least amount of activity as possible.

17. SplashMountainManiac

SplashMountainManiac DIS Veteran

This will be my and my parents first cruise(I am a ds 16) and we can't wait. Sure looks like its going to be one quiet cruise. We haven't booked any excursions. We're just planning on checking things out this time.

18. Good4chunns

Welcome aboard Splash! WE are less than two months away, doing the happy dance now. Finished all our ADR's yesterday for the days we are at the World. Does anyone else use the passporter for planning? Got out every Disney movie we owned and started the marathon till departure day. DD and I watched the extra DVD of Snow White. I know the mouse started it all but that young lady was pretty important throughout the decades. The boy and I are watching the Incredibles this morning before going to school. In desperate need of this vacation.

19. disneypoor

disneypoor DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey! DVC Gold

Oh my goodness! I am so excited to see that the Wonder really is cruising June 1st! I've been watching for someone to post with this date since last July! This will be our first cruise. It will be myself, my husband, my daughter, my son, and a close family friend.

We have already booked our excursions. We're doing Atlantis (through Comfort Suites) on our Nassau day, and we are parasailing and doing the family getaway package on our Castaway Cay day.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please let me know. My daughter is turning 11 in a couple of weeks, and my son just turned 8 yesterday. I was beginning to think that we might be having the ship all to ourselves! :confused3

By the way, I should also let all of you know that my husband thinks that I have a Disney sickness! I'm constantly reading threads on this board, and I just can't seem to get enough Disney! LOL! :)
    Susan

20. Disneynut1955

If I may ask, what are the ages of your children? My wife and I did the Atlantis thing on our cruise in January (by booking a room at Comfort Suites) and did not enjoy it. Just our opinion, but thought I might pass it along and answer any questions you may have.

21. homespun

homespun Mouseketeer

We're on the Wonder June 1st too. There are three of us total, DH, DS (11) and myself. It would be great for DS to meet others before the cruise. Anyone have boys 10-12 that want to write or email eachother before cruising?

We're doing a land/sea pkg and staying at the Polyn. It's always been my dream to stay there and the cruise is the icing on the cake. Can't believe it's just 2 months away.

Karen

83 Honeymoon DTD Hotel
    85 DTD
    88 DTD
    91 DTD
    94 DTD
    97 CBR
    03 POR
    06 Polynesian/Wonder