July No Buy--Let the sizzlin' summer savings begin!!

JULY:

1- No buy #1!!
2- No buy #2!
3- Well not a no buy day. We went to Marshalls and I found a bathroom shelf, for above the toilet. I've been looking for one I like and score!!!! It was only $16.99. Went to dinner, but used a gift card, but got coffee, $6.53. (Which I never do, so it was a treat for us!!! )
4- I can call this one now, lol, were not going anywhere today and we have leftovers from yesterday, lol. No buy #3!!! I will report if this does change, but very doubtful!
5- Able to call this one early. Staying home! #4
6- No buy #5. Went to dinner and out with my daughter, but she bought dinner!! Yes, I'm spoiled. And it was fun to go to a nice/trendy restaurant that the boys would have hated, lol.
7- No buy #6
8- Well I took meat out of the freezer, but than I bought an instant pot, as our rice cooker died, (it was $10 7 years ago at a black Friday sale, as well as the crock of my crock pot getting broken in our move, so this one pressure, slow, rice, Brown's and sautees!
9- I am amazed! I went grocery shopping and got crickets, cricket food, ear cleaner for our Wolfie,, groceries and nothing else!!!! All necessities!! I love my grandmunchkins, but it was much easier to get a no buy day alone, lol. No buy #7!!
10- Yay, stayed home and enjoyed looking at instant pot recipes, so no buy #8!!
11- No buy #9! But the r especially two things I'm hoping to find discounted for Prime Day!!!!!
12- Bought my new IP, but returning the one to Wal Mart that was $30 more and wanted to buy a lot more things, but didn't. I won't claim a no buy, as I did spend money though.
13- Yay, my instant pot came today, a day early!!!! Stayed home today so no buy #10!!
14- No buy #11 and I cooked a roast in my IP and it turned out wonderful!!!! Tomorrow and Saturday May not be no buy days, but I will be returning my more expensive IP to Wal Mart so will use that money on Friday. So that may actually turn out to be a no spend day, since I already counted that money!
15- Returned the IP to Wal Mart, we went to Durant to celebrate my birthday!!! I ended up spending less than the amount I got back, so no buy #12!
16- Yay! My grandmunchkins came home and my daughter bought our lunch so no buy #13!!
17- Stayed home, spent my day with the grandmunchkins, cooked in my IP, no buy #14!!
18- Somehow I threw my back out, so I ordered the grandmunchkins pizza. I had a gift card so I'm not counting this. I made my daughter and I some cheesy chicken rice in the IP so I'm calling this no buy #15. If my back is better I need to go to the store tomorrow though.
19- Not a no buy day. Went to lunch and got the boys a game I promised them. I got it before we bought groceries so they were extra good at the store lol.
20- I'd like to say it was a no buy day but I'd be lying. I ordered accessories for my IP.
21- Edited to add today. No buy #16.
22- No buy #17
23- Had trouble moving as my back is out. Silver lining, no buy #18
24- I bought, lol. Got an immersion blender. Tried it tonight and it worked great!!! I'm starting to realize the reason I wasn't enjoying cooking was that we had gotten rid of a lot of things, so everything was harder and took longer. I'm getting my groove back lol.
25- No buy #19! Close to my goal!!
26- Well almost a no buy. Groceries, boys had their own money, but the munchkins gotten really hungry!!!
27- No buy #20!! Cooked all day lol, but super easy stuff!!
28-
29-
30-

My July goal is 20 no buy days.

1st - No buy day #1
2nd - No buy day #2
3rd - $4 parking at natural area, $22 waterproofing renewal for raincoats.
4th - No buy day #3
5th - No buy day #4
6th - $14 - Ebay for shorts (I didn't think I'd win - they're $45 shorts at Dicks, Academy and Bass Pro.)
7th - $22 - lunch for myself and two other ladies at work because I lost the fitness challenge this month. $20 - Goodwill (No comment. I fell off the wagon and feel no guilt.)
8th - $18 - Diet cinnamon rolls, $7 Egg Foo Yung for lunch
9th - $90 - perm
10th - No buy day #5 (Did not go hiking. Mowed my front and my back lawns with the rotary mower.)
11th -$28 - two pairs of shorts from Ebay. I was supposed to be looking for a new tank top to wear when exercising. (I shouldn't go on Ebay or Amazon without supervision.) $14 book on Acadia National Forest (where I will be weekend after next). Cutting myself off NOW.
11th Update - Prime Day. Grrrr. . . Found a 20% off Warehouse Deals coupon on Google soooo - $91 for some new fake diamond stud earrings (for travel - real ones stay home in the jewelry box), a new, good leather purse (old one is beginning to look crummy) and a solar charger for my phone. $100 - upgrade to 1st class on a 7 hour trip. (If that's not impractical, I don't know what is. I justified it to myself with no checked bag fees and free breakfast, lunch and drinks.)
12th - $50 Bose earbuds $23 - an extra Kindle, an older one but one with free 3G and a keyboard. $7 - leather case for new Kindle.
13th - Cancelled the Bose earbuds. <$50>. Sony earphones I really like, Ebay $9. Cheap underwear to ruin while hiking - $25
14th - $25 at Dollar Tree, $12 - pair of shorts (the last pair I plan on buying this summer)
15th - No buy #6
16th - No buy #7
17th - $80 on various things at flea markets while visiting with family (I got quilt that I think, from the quality and design, was probably in a quilt show at one point for only $40!), $30 on pet toys for family pets
18th - No buy #8
19th - Dollar General for things I forgot to pack - $12
VACATION
24th - No buy #9
25th - New charging cables for various and sundry devices (been needing to do a purge and refresh for a while) - $20, New work pants and Nike capris at thrift - $8
26th - New running/hiking shirt from e-bay (I ruined a shirt on vacation) $14 - speaker so I can listen to audible off my phone in my car. $25 - was going to buy a new $4 base layer black tee at Walmart (put under my dress clothes) and ran into a clearance sale being put out. . .everything was $1 or $5. I was weak, but, oh, my new Harry Potter shirt is so cute over my Supergirl pj pants. ($1 each!)
27th - $12 new pair of neoprene socks (that I discovered I did not need when I dug through my hiking shoes & socks bin! Oh well. It's not like they'll go bad. . .)
28th - (planned) No buy #10.

I will be flying off on a combo of work with 2 days of play (Saturday and Sunday) built in tomorrow. Hiking in Zion NP Saturday and Sunday, then at a conference in Las Vegas for 3 days, then working in Salt Lake City for 2 days. . .I know I will at least buy a t-shirt in Zion, probably 2. Likely won't buy anything else until Thursday in Salt Lake - I am going to be with a coworker who loves to thrift shop as much as I do and we love checking out new thrifts together! I'm looking forward to starting a new month with ya'll!

Well yesterday was a no buy day but it was pretty eventful. I called home as I was leaving work and my mom had just heard from her dr and he was sending her to the ER. Her hemoglobin was really low and she needed blood. I was with her until 3:30 am when I was so tired she sent me home. She is doing good this morning. Just waiting on some test results.

7/1- $21.66 pizza and $25.60 Drugstore
7/2- $0
7/3- $0
7/4- $4.05 breakfast on the way to work and $34.66 Walmart
7/5- $0
7/6- $0
7/7- $10 co-pay, $3.94 drinks at McDonald's, and $210.56 Target
7/8- $0
7/9- $21 Giant eagle, $24.78 dollar tree, and $19.77 CVS
7/10- $0
7/11- $102.33 Giant eagle (food and cat stuff), $24.66 Walgreens, $36 prescriptions for mom (lasts 3 months) and $24.18 Ace hardware
7/12- $0
7/13- $0
7/14- $13.45 pizza and $118.99 Target
7/15- $23.55 deli, $24.66 gas, $92.65 Ulta :rolleyes1 and $19.87 five below
7/16- $0
7/17- $6.65 Starbucks, $29.16 Harry buffalo, and $9.89 Dairy Queen
7/18- $24.88 lunch out and $149.67 shopping with my bff
7/19- $0
7/20- $0
7/21- 92.44 grocery shopping and bought a new car
7/22- $0
7/23- $45 farmers market and $6 milkshakes
7/24- $27.95 bakery and deli
7/25- $0
7/26- $16.39 breakfast out, $32.34 Pet store, and $158.18 groceries
7/27- $0

Well yesterday was a no buy day but it was pretty eventful. I called home as I was leaving work and my mom had just heard from her dr and he was sending her to the ER. Her hemoglobin was really low and she needed blood. I was with her until 3:30 am when I was so tired she sent me home. She is doing good this morning. Just waiting on some test results.

Glad your mom is alright. Sending good thoughts for uneventful days.

I hope she starts doing better soon!

JULY:

1- No buy #1!!
2- No buy #2!
3- Well not a no buy day. We went to Marshalls and I found a bathroom shelf, for above the toilet. I've been looking for one I like and score!!!! It was only $16.99. Went to dinner, but used a gift card, but got coffee, $6.53. (Which I never do, so it was a treat for us!!! )
4- I can call this one now, lol, were not going anywhere today and we have leftovers from yesterday, lol. No buy #3!!! I will report if this does change, but very doubtful!
6- No buy #5. Went to dinner and out with my daughter, but she bought dinner!! Yes, I'm spoiled. And it was fun to go to a nice/trendy restaurant that the boys would have hated, lol.
7- No buy #6
8- Well I took meat out of the freezer, but than I bought an instant pot, as our rice cooker died, (it was $10 7 years ago at a black Friday sale, as well as the crock of my crock pot getting broken in our move, so this one pressure, slow, rice, Brown's and sautees!
9- I am amazed! I went grocery shopping and got crickets, cricket food, ear cleaner for our Wolfie,, groceries and nothing else!!!! All necessities!! I love my grandmunchkins, but it was much easier to get a no buy day alone, lol. No buy #7!!
11- No buy #9! But the r especially two things I'm hoping to find discounted for Prime Day!!!!!
12- Bought my new IP, but returning the one to Wal Mart that was $30 more and wanted to buy a lot more things, but didn't. I won't claim a no buy, as I did spend money though.
13- Yay, my instant pot came today, a day early!!!! Stayed home today so no buy #10!!
14- No buy #11 and I cooked a roast in my IP and it turned out wonderful!!!! Tomorrow and Saturday May not be no buy days, but I will be returning my more expensive IP to Wal Mart so will use that money on Friday. So that may actually turn out to be a no spend day, since I already counted that money!
15- Returned the IP to Wal Mart, we went to Durant to celebrate my birthday!!! I ended up spending less than the amount I got back, so no buy #12!
16- Yay! My grandmunchkins came home and my daughter bought our lunch so no buy #13!!
17- Stayed home, spent my day with the grandmunchkins, cooked in my IP, no buy #14!!
18- Somehow I threw my back out, so I ordered the grandmunchkins pizza. I had a gift card so I'm not counting this. I made my daughter and I some cheesy chicken rice in the IP so I'm calling this no buy #15. If my back is better I need to go to the store tomorrow though.
19- Not a no buy day. Went to lunch and got the boys a game I promised them. I got it before we bought groceries so they were extra good at the store lol.
20- I'd like to say it was a no buy day but I'd be lying. I ordered accessories for my IP.
22- No buy #17
24- I bought, lol. Got an immersion blender. Tried it tonight and it worked great!!! I'm starting to realize the reason I wasn't enjoying cooking was that we had gotten rid of a lot of things, so everything was harder and took longer. I'm getting my groove back lol.
26- Well almost a no buy. Groceries, boys had their own money, but the munchkins gotten really hungry!!!
28- No buy #21, but tomorrow and Saturday I will be out and about, so keeping my mind in the game.
29-
30-

My July goal is 20 no buy days.

7/1- $21.66 pizza and $25.60 Drugstore
7/2- $0
7/3- $0
7/4- $4.05 breakfast on the way to work and $34.66 Walmart
7/5- $0
7/6- $0
7/7- $10 co-pay, $3.94 drinks at McDonald's, and $210.56 Target
7/8- $0
7/9- $21 Giant eagle, $24.78 dollar tree, and $19.77 CVS
7/10- $0
7/11- $102.33 Giant eagle (food and cat stuff), $24.66 Walgreens, $36 prescriptions for mom (lasts 3 months) and $24.18 Ace hardware
7/12- $0
7/13- $0
7/14- $13.45 pizza and $118.99 Target
7/15- $23.55 deli, $24.66 gas, $92.65 Ulta :rolleyes1 and $19.87 five below
7/16- $0
7/17- $6.65 Starbucks, $29.16 Harry buffalo, and $9.89 Dairy Queen
7/18- $24.88 lunch out and $149.67 shopping with my bff
7/19- $0
7/20- $0
7/21- 92.44 grocery shopping and bought a new car
7/22- $0
7/23- $45 farmers market and $6 milkshakes
7/24- $27.95 bakery and deli
7/25- $0
7/26- $16.39 breakfast out, $32.34 Pet store, and $158.18 groceries
7/27- $0

I hope that now she's gotten her blood transfusion she's doing better!!!! I hope you got some rest!!!!

Snarling Coyote you weekend and time in Salt Lake City sounds like it's going to be fun!!! And I agree socks tend t to be patient and wait for us!!!!

Can't wait to do this next month! I did keep track of my "free money" for the month & between a ck for ins overpayment, cashing in CC points for gift cards & a $50 check from our waterproofing company for posting a review, I have over $200 extra this month. Helps out with that very $$$$ vacation we just returned from.

JULY:

1- No buy #1!!
2- No buy #2!
7- No buy #6
22- No buy #17
28- No buy #21, but tomorrow and Saturday I will be out and about, so keeping my mind in the game.
29- Not a no buy. Went grocery shopping for us and our bearded, but got the boys an iced at target. Got 5% off and free popcorn for using my red card. Nice surprise!!
30- Edited to add no buy #22.

Goal 20 No Buy days!!

Last edited:
Last day of the month! I don't anticipate any shopping today except some groceries. DH and my first anniversary is on Tuesday, so we will be buying some nice things to have a humble, but delicious celebration at home. This is all coming out of our grocery budget.

I have sold another $140 worth of stuff on eBay and through Facebook groups. This money finishes covering the catalog and football tickets, so no debt will be added this month! I feel really proud of that because we have been making stellar progress towards our debt dumping. I am so happy to have finished out this month so strong. Looking forward to next month hopefully being even better.

July
1- Spend - $17 on Culver's while driving to parent's house
2- No Spend #1
3- No Spend #2
4- No Spend #3
5- Spend - $13 on pens for DH
6- No Spend #4
7- No Spend #5
8- No Spend #6
9- No Spend #7
10- Spend - $19 on a $24 movie theatre gift card
11- No Spend #8
12- Spend - $50 on $60 Amazon gift card credit, $11.50 on bike lock, $20 on wifi plug, $13 on bike seat bag
13- No Spend #9
14- No Spend #10
15- No Spend #11
16- Spend - $143 Sotheby's catalog, $280 football tickets
17- No Spend #12
18- No Spend #13
19- No Spend #14
20- No Spend #15
21- No Spend #16
22- Spend - $11 for 6 duralex picardie glasses
23- No Spend #17
24- No Spend #18
25- No Spend #19
26- No Spend #20
27- No Spend #21
28- No Spend #22
29- No Spend #23
30- No Spend #24
31- No Spend #25

25/20

Last day of the month! I don't anticipate any shopping today except some groceries. DH and my first anniversary is on Tuesday, so we will be buying some nice things to have a humble, but delicious celebration at home. This is all coming out of our grocery budget.

I have sold another $140 worth of stuff on eBay and through Facebook groups. This money finishes covering the catalog and football tickets, so no debt will be added this month! I feel really proud of that because we have been making stellar progress towards our debt dumping. I am so happy to have finished out this month so strong. Looking forward to next month hopefully being even better.

July
1- Spend - $17 on Culver's while driving to parent's house
2- No Spend #1
3- No Spend #2
4- No Spend #3
5- Spend - $13 on pens for DH
6- No Spend #4
7- No Spend #5
8- No Spend #6
9- No Spend #7
10- Spend - $19 on a $24 movie theatre gift card
11- No Spend #8
12- Spend - $50 on $60 Amazon gift card credit, $11.50 on bike lock, $20 on wifi plug, $13 on bike seat bag
13- No Spend #9
14- No Spend #10
15- No Spend #11
16- Spend - $143 Sotheby's catalog, $280 football tickets
17- No Spend #12
18- No Spend #13
19- No Spend #14
20- No Spend #15
21- No Spend #16
22- Spend - $11 for 6 duralex picardie glasses
23- No Spend #17
24- No Spend #18
25- No Spend #19
26- No Spend #20
27- No Spend #21
28- No Spend #22
29- No Spend #23
30- No Spend #24
31- No Spend #25

25/20

Wow!!! You've had a stellar month!!! Making, as well as saving money!!! I'm so impressed!!! Your anniversary celebration sounds like fun!!! Congratulations on your first of many happy anniversaries to come!!

JULY:

1- No buy #1!!
2- No buy #2!
7- No buy #6
22- No buy #17
29- Not a no buy. Went grocery shopping for us and our bearded, but got the boys an iced at target. Got 5% off and free popcorn for using my red card. Nice surprise!!
30- Edited to add no buy #22.
31- No buy #23. So the other day at Target when I got the free popcorn and icees, I got cash back. I wanted some money for the weekend in case. When I checked out I put in $20 over for the pet store and our beardies crickets. My red card wouldn't work. Very embarrassing, but I pulled out my regular debit card. I told the clerk I was disappointed as I wanted my 5% off, and I knew it should have worked. To make a very long story somewhat shorter, I ended up with a $15 gift certificate. So I come home, use a different gift certificate to try and buy a Disney gift card and it. Won't process my order. I ended up with another $10 gift certificate. Lol

Goal 20 No Buy days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter