July/August Code Watch

I have a room booked for POP but am hoping for a AP rate for August 23-Sept. 3. I am really hoping to switch to WL.

Hi all:

I knew it was a long shot, but thought I'd ask anyway about July/August rates while I booked today. No luck.

Got POR for $166.13/night (including tax). I'll definitely be watching for AP discounts.

Cheers,

Pirate

We need to start the "serious" code watch.....It is going to be soon!! ;)

Nothing yet today.

I'm waiting too. I got a great email/postcard rate for GF lagoon July 1-4. I'm waiting for an AP rate, or even better a postcard, for GF lagoon July 5-12. Right now I have a AAA rate and with the change of seasons (reg. to value) after the 4th the AAA rate right now is cheaper than using the postcard rate July 1-12. Hope for a good AP rate!

Can I book a reservation at rack rates and then if the ap codes come out apply that toward my room only reservation?

Going end of Sept.
I know it's a long way off

Shawna

redmomof4 said:
Can I book a reservation at rack rates and then if the ap codes come out apply that toward my room only reservation?

Going end of Sept.

Shawna

Yes, that's what I always do.

redmomof4 said:

Going end of Sept.

Shawna

A room that qualifies for the AP discount has to be available in order for you to get the discount on your existing reservation.

FYI called today 4/14 about room rates. there are no codes, but there are AAA rates on all room levels at AKL and standard rooms at all moderates except CSR for 8/2-8/6.

Melissa

I'm watching too for August 10 - 17. Did anyone get the AP code for AKL for last August? What was the rate?

Thanks

Tracy

I need a code for mid July...

:rolleyes1 So Im waiting with you all..... :hourglass

Just wondering if everyone thinks there will be general public discounts for August since there were no discounts for May and June. I had planned to go in June but am considering going in August if there are discounts released for that time. I just lost my job so we might time our trip with any discounts released, I just keep wondering whether to get my hopes up.

TracyK said:
I'm watching too for August 10 - 17. Did anyone get the AP code for AKL for last August? What was the rate?

Thanks

Tracy

A standard room at WL (AKL is the same) was $114/ night.
But I'm not so sure we can expect that this year because of how much higher May/June's AP rates are this year (as compared to the same time frame last year)

Joyfulsnuff said:
Just wondering if everyone thinks there will be general public discounts for August since there were no discounts for May and June. I had planned to go in June but am considering going in August if there are discounts released for that time. I just lost my job so we might time our trip with any discounts released, I just keep wondering whether to get my hopes up.

If the AP rates are similar to May/June's, I wouldn't expect general codes. If the AP rates for July/August are lower, then maybe :) ...

It occurs to me that if the AP rates start to be less of a discount, joining AAA may start to seem like a better alternative. AAA rates are not so low, but they are available early and therefore more of a "guaranteed" thing than these discounts coming straight from Mickey. I am also waiting for post-July 4th codes and would feel much better if I had an AAA rate already booked, "just in case." :)

Just my 2 cents! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter