July 9, 2013 4 Night Med on the Magic

Hi everyone,
My question is this - can any of you help me with things like the Disney Pin Swap and Fish Extender present swap traditions? I really want to prepare so that we can have a memorable experience so I've done my door magnets and I'd love to know if any others are planning a pin swap and if there is a fish extender group for this cruise?? Do people bring little mementos from their own hometowns to share with other cruisers from around the world? I saw some mention of this on other threads.
Any tips or advice from seasoned Disney Cruisers out there??

Hi Shavlin and Family Welcome to the cruise :wave2:

We haven't set up an FE but as we are such a small group maybe there is still time to arrange a little something together??

Hi all!!

I emailed DCL to see if there is or isn't a "formal" night on this cruise so I can organise what to pack.

I thought you may all benefit from the breakdown they gave me:
On 4-night Western Mediterranean Cruise:
*Night 1 & 4: cruise casual
*Night 2: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your
best pirate outfit!
*Night 3: "dress-up night" - jacket or a dress shirt for men; dress or
pantsuit for women

Any of you bringing your "best pirate outfit"??

Hi all!!

I emailed DCL to see if there is or isn't a "formal" night on this cruise so I can organise what to pack.

I thought you may all benefit from the breakdown they gave me:
On 4-night Western Mediterranean Cruise:
*Night 1 & 4: cruise casual
*Night 2: pirate night with deck party - cruise casual or bring your
best pirate outfit!
*Night 3: "dress-up night" - jacket or a dress shirt for men; dress or
pantsuit for women

Any of you bringing your "best pirate outfit"??

Thanks for the info ShellB8585. Put it in the small booklet they send us. :thumbsup2

Last time we have brought our best pirate outfit we were pretty much alone. The head server and I were the only ones with pirates hats. pirate: My outfit is more like Mister Smee from Peter Pan than Captain Jack Sparrow (I only switched the hats;)). So I am a little bit unsure what to do this time. Maybe there are even less true DCL fans than last time and nobody even know about dressing up on pirates night.

Welcome to shavlin and family :cheer2:

I feel the same. Maybe one of my friends will also dress-up. Last time we had the second seating and went dressed to dinner. This time we have main seating (not my idea) and maybe I will dress-up after dinner - only for the party on deck. What do you think? Do you have main or second seating?

We're main dining too! Haven't really decided when I'll get dressed up yet... Who knows we may end up seated together being both adult parties

Thanks for the info ShellB8585. Put it in the small booklet they send us. :thumbsup2

Last time we have brought our best pirate outfit we were pretty much alone. The head server and I were the only ones with pirates hats. pirate: My outfit is more like Mister Smee from Peter Pan than Captain Jack Sparrow (I only switched the hats;)). So I am a little bit unsure what to do this time. Maybe there are even less true DCL fans than last time and nobody even know about dressing up on pirates night.

Welcome to shavlin and family :cheer2:

Thanks for the warm welcome Pixie! I'm so confused with the forum. I had been posting on the wrong 4 night cruise thread - was posting on the August Cruise, whoops! It's great to hear from everyone and I'm so excited!
Great tips from Shell too - thanks!

Sarah xxx

Hi Shavlin and Family Welcome to the cruise :wave2:

We haven't set up an FE but as we are such a small group maybe there is still time to arrange a little something together??

Thanks for the warm welcome Shell! It does seem like we are a small group. I wonder if there will be more Spanish and French guests on this cruise and they may not be aware of the forum. I read some reviews of the Med cruises from 2 years ago and got the impression that quite a lot of Spanish and French guests on the cruises didn't really 'do' the Disney thing like the Americans! I'm Irish and I only found about DisBoards recently by chance so maybe other European guests are just unaware of the forums, especially if English isn't their first language.
I would love to do an F/E group but I'm fairly clueless about what's involved.

Sarah x

Thanks for the warm welcome Shell! It does seem like we are a small group. I wonder if there will be more Spanish and French guests on this cruise and they may not be aware of the forum. I read some reviews of the Med cruises from 2 years ago and got the impression that quite a lot of Spanish and French guests on the cruises didn't really 'do' the Disney thing like the Americans! I'm Irish and I only found about DisBoards recently by chance so maybe other European guests are just unaware of the forums, especially if English isn't their first language.
I would love to do an F/E group but I'm fairly clueless about what's involved.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,
FE stands for Fish Extender. It is named after the Fish you will find right next to your cabin door. You can find some pretty pictures right here on the board. Steph had a link on our first page. Here it is again:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607
You can also find some pretty good ideas for fish extender gifts right here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032
As you can see it can be hard work to create the fish extender itself and then the goodies - if you take it seriously :wizard: and without the help of Harry Potter.

Last time we were involved we ordered bags with a selfmade silhouette of Berlin (including Tinkerbell on one of the roofs) for all 29 cabins. It took weeks to plan, design and finally order the stuff. We also did buttons and some sweets for the kids (around 60). In return we got CDs, also bags, activity games, selfmade jewellery and lots more of excellent gifts we still enjoy. :love:

Because we have only 3 weeks to go I would not recommend to do a FE. I can say for myself, that I would not have the time for this right now (and I have already a FE - at least for one of our cabins). What I do not have at the moment is a cabin number. :crazy2:

Why don't you get involved in all the other fun stuff. :banana: Have you already planned your outfits on pirates nights? Decided if you want to have some stuff autographed (you can drop it at guest service)? You can make personalized autograph books for your two youngest sons. And best of all: You can make lots and lots of magnets for your cabin door. Can be fun to do it as a family activity (sorry have forgotten, that it is a surprise for your kids - :scratchin seems to be a cruise full of surprises, ShellB8585 is surprising her husband). Some families even decorate their rooms (inside).

There is so much to do you won't miss the FE. :wave2:
Trixie princess:

Thanks. Images are mostly courtesy of google, with some modifications bar the mouse which were with help from http://www.tagxedo.com and then the magnets were ordered from vistaprint.com who had an offer on so they worked out quite cheap and i'm pretty impressed with how they turned out!
:yay:

Hi ShellB8585,
Have I ever said thank you for the tagxedo link? This programm is wonderful. Thank you so much :worship::worship::worship:

Hi guys!

Me and my fiancé will be cruising with you. We are recently graduated engineers from Sweden and this will be our first cruise ever.

Just wanted to say hi :wave2:

Hi guys!

Me and my fiancé will be cruising with you. We are recently graduated engineers from Sweden and this will be our first cruise ever.

Just wanted to say hi :wave2:
:wave2:
Hi Guys! welcome to the group! My DH is an Engineer - what field did you study in? He's an Electrical Engineer

Its nice to think The Magic will only sail out from Barcelona only one more time before she does it with us!! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter