July 30,2012 - 7 Night Wonder Cruise to Alaska

Yay only 3 days until we sail away to Alaska! :dance3: Hope to see everyone at the group meet after the Muster Drill in the Promenade Lounge! :wave2:

MJDisFamCruisers said:
Yay only 3 days until we sail away to Alaska! :dance3: Hope to see everyone at the group meet after the Muster Drill in the Promenade Lounge! :wave2:

I will be there!!

Still on Eastern time. Can't sleep past 6:30 local. Going to Pike's Place and the Mariner's game today. Amy wants to see her Mecca - the Starbucks Mother Ship.

Jhalkias said:
Still on Eastern time. Can't sleep past 6:30 local. Going to Pike's Place and the Mariner's game today. Amy wants to see her Mecca - the Starbucks Mother Ship.

We just landed and are hoping to do the same today!

Disneygal19 said:
We just landed and are hoping to do the same today!

We are at the game after a great morning at the market.

Had a great day yesterday. We visited the Space Needle and then went back to our hotel to rest up after our 23 hour bus ride from Edmonton.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Only a few hours to go!

Sleeping_Beauty81 said:
Had a great day yesterday. We visited the Space Needle and then went back to our hotel to rest up after our 23 hour bus ride from Edmonton.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Only a few hours to go!

Don't forget we're meeting at promenade lounge after muster drill hope to see u!

Fellow July 30th DISers.....I wont be able to meet at the Lounge, but we'll be easy to spot this morning- we're the FAMILY OF THE DAY!!! I can hardly believe it!!!!!!!

Spokavegas said:
Fellow July 30th DISers.....I wont be able to meet at the Lounge, but we'll be easy to spot this morning- we're the FAMILY OF THE DAY!!! I can hardly believe it!!!!!!!

Yay!!! We heard you announces while waiting for pic with Mickey!!

We missed the get together. Had a great day yesterday at Tracy Arm. Daughter is on a zip line excursion today with friends. Just chilling on the ship until they come back, lunch, and then explore Skagway.

So....how was that Alaskan weather, huh? Yuck! We were SOAKED in Juneau out at the Mendenhall, but dried out over drinks at the Red Dog Saloon. :) So grateful for a sunny morning yesterday before the fog!

Our family's favorite part of the cruise was the day at Tracy Arm....SO beautiful, and great weather!! Our fave excursion was the Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour in Ketchikan. How about all of you?

Any previous DCL cruisers notice there being more rude and oblivious people on this sailing?? Seemed like every where we went, we were being shoved aside, knocked into and continously cut in front of- especially at the elevators? :confused3 That being said, DCL themselves were phenomenal as usual- amazing service, attention to detail, and just all around SUPER FRIENDY crew staff. Could've done with more activities to do on the Navigator on the first sea day (Avengers in the theater was FULL 25 mins pre-show time??), but all in all- an AWESOME, AWESOME cruise!

Hope you all had an amazing cruise!!

Spokavegas said:
So....how was that Alaskan weather, huh? Yuck! We were SOAKED in Juneau out at the Mendenhall, but dried out over drinks at the Red Dog Saloon. :) So grateful for a sunny morning yesterday before the fog!

Our family's favorite part of the cruise was the day at Tracy Arm....SO beautiful, and great weather!! Our fave excursion was the Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour in Ketchikan. How about all of you?

Any previous DCL cruisers notice there being more rude and oblivious people on this sailing?? Seemed like every where we went, we were being shoved aside, knocked into and continously cut in front of- especially at the elevators? :confused3 That being said, DCL themselves were phenomenal as usual- amazing service, attention to detail, and just all around SUPER FRIENDY crew staff. Could've done with more activities to do on the Navigator on the first sea day (Avengers in the theater was FULL 25 mins pre-show time??), but all in all- an AWESOME, AWESOME cruise!

Hope you all had an amazing cruise!!

We really enjoyed the cruise. The weather was not as good as last year, but that's Alaska. We didn't run into trouble at the elevators, but there were a lot of first time cruisers. When we went to the Avengers a group in front of us was eating their entire lunch during the movie.

Thank you all for your amazing FE gifts we loved them all!! I hope you all have a safe journey home!! We loved Alaska and will have these memories forever

What an amazing cruise! Thanks so much for all of the great FE gifts! It was really neat to come back to our room and find surprises left in our FE. It was our first time participating and we really appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness! Alaska was amazing and the weather really wasn't that bad...a little chilly for us Floridians haha The only day that could have been nicer was Juneau day...we got drenched at Mendenhall Glacier. The coolest thing for us to see was Humpback whales right off the side of the ship! It was amazing! We can't wait to cruise again! :thumbsup2

Thank you to everyone for the FE gifts! Everyone enjoyed the surprises.

I have to disagree with the service. This is our second DCL cruise and I found our food service team to be lacking, at least compared to the previous cruise. I do believe there were "less seasoned" cruisers on board, but I was one of them once, too. : )

What I couldn't get over is the clean laundry sitting in dryers for hours at a time!! But, that being my biggest complaint, it was a lovely cruise.

mom2dzb said:
Thank you to everyone for the FE gifts! Everyone enjoyed the surprises.

I have to disagree with the service. This is our second DCL cruise and I found our food service team to be lacking, at least compared to the previous cruise. I do believe there were "less seasoned" cruisers on board, but I was one of them once, too. : )

What I couldn't get over is the clean laundry sitting in dryers for hours at a time!! But, that being my biggest complaint, it was a lovely cruise.

I am sorry your team wasn't so great :0( mine was actually the best of the three cruises I have been on. Miss Hans already

MJDisFamCruisers said:
What an amazing cruise! Thanks so much for all of the great FE gifts! It was really neat to come back to our room and find surprises left in our FE. It was our first time participating and we really appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness! Alaska was amazing and the weather really wasn't that bad...a little chilly for us Floridians haha The only day that could have been nicer was Juneau day...we got drenched at Mendenhall Glacier. The coolest thing for us to see was Humpback whales right off the side of the ship! It was amazing! We can't wait to cruise again! :thumbsup2

It was so nice getting to know you and your family! Loved always running into each other :)

We also wanted to send a big thanks out to everyone for the great FE gifts too! We brought every last scrap home with us and are still finding places for all our goodies.

I hope everyone got our gifts as the kids wanted to do the distribution unsupervised (crossing fingers). If you didn't get something in your FE on Sunday then I greatly apologize. :headache:

This is a trip we will remember always and I am so glad we did it when we were able to as my mom at 81 yo was able to successfully make the trip and really enjoy the mild hikes and excursions (although, she did enjoy her afternoon naps each day!).

We enjoyed each day - even the cold and wet Juneau. What we learned from all our interactions with the local Alaskans is that you really need to be TOUGH to live there as life is not easy--but it is special and worth it to many. ("What do you mean there is no Target?")

It was lovely meeting fellow DISBoarders on the cruise - thanks again for making it special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter