July 30,2012 - 7 Night Wonder Cruise to Alaska

Sleeping_Beauty81

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone.

After watching for several months I decided to start the thread for our cruise date.

Going on the cruise will be my DH; Dakota (age 26) and myself; Leiana (age 30)

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but our first alone. Our other 2 cruises have both been with my family; with the first being our wedding onboard.
All 3 have been aboard the beautiful Disney Wonder.

I've been looking forward to this cruise for months now. We never get to go on a trip around my birthday (July 29) as its always too hot. It's really exciting to be able to go on a vacation in the middle of summer to a place that will be cooler than home. I know call me crazy:laughing:

I'm a little worried about not knowing anyone on the cruise with us but I guess I have plenty of time to get over it.

So who else will be joining us on this WONDER-ful cruise?

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

We are just off of the Disney Magic in the Med and have rebooked for this cruise.

It will be our third cruise we are from England and have never travelled to the west coast US before so very excited :)

We've just booked this cruise also.

I've always fancied Alaska after travelling in Canada and cruising down the inside passage in the late 90s.

We had a great first cruise - Magic Med with Lindylou2_2002.

Welcome to the both of you. I'm so jealous I wanted to do the Med cruises as well but just couldn't afford it at the time.

I will be going along with my grandmother, aunt, uncle, parents, and sister.

We went on the Alaskan cruise from Vancouver last year. It was our first cruise and absolutely fabulous, the best vacation we have ever been on. We're all so excited to have the opportunity to go back!

Don't count on it being too cold! Last year we sat on the deck all day as we went through Tracy Arm. A few of us wore sweaters, but my sister and I had short sleeved shirts! When we went to port I don't recall bringing a coat either.

We have booked this cruise too. We were on the Wonder this last July to Alaska from Vancouver and loved it so much we wanted to do it again. Glad we got to see Vancouver, but more glad we are sailing from Seattle this time.

It will be myself, my wife, and our 12 yr old daughter. We will also have friends sailing with us with their daughter.

Can't wait to smell the fresh air in Alaska again!

We just booked this cruise . . . two staterooms for our family of six! Can't wait!

We booked 2 staterooms for our family of 5 on our last cruise on Thansgiving. Looking forward to seeing something big.

Our family will be joining you all and are looking forward to this cruise, our fourth Disney cruise, especially since we had to cancel our booking for last year's Alaska cruise to a change in our school's calendar. Our party will include me, DW, DS (7) and DD (10). Anyone planning a fish extender gift exchange?

I just noticed the repeat Alaska cruisers. Any recommendations for excursions that you really enjoyed or heard good things about? Thanks.

Our first experience with FE's was on our last cruise to the MR. It was a lot of work but got some really interesting gifts. It was made easier since we didn't have to deal with luggage restrictions imposed by the airlines. I'm ready to do it again.

Welcome to all the newcomers!

So we're paid in full and I've already been looking at some of the excursions that are on the DCL site. Have some favourites saved to give to my travel agent.

Even got my time booked off at work and told my employees they can have any week off but that one. :goodvibes

I'm really excited now.

As for FE: this time my husband will not be participating. However if anyone here wants to organize one I'll link to it on the original post.

My tips would be:
-Don't pack heavy, we didn't wear sweaters or coats for the most part
-Don't expect too much from the last two ports
-Try the Skagway train ride if you can (and if you don't have wiggly kids), the scenery is beautiful (if you've ever been to BC, it's a lot like that but with more snow).

:goodvibes

Count me in for Fish Extenders too!

Hi!!! I will be on this cruise with my mother and my sister! Just made our last payment and can't wait to book our excursions!

Since no one else has stepped up, I will volunteer to admin the Fish Extender activity for this cruise. If you want to participate I'm gonna need the number of people that will be in your party, approximate ages (for adults, just adult is fine), sex, and rooms. For example, in my party we have 2 rooms with 1 DH, 1 DW, 1 DD (adult), 1 DS (adult), and 1 DGS (11).

Sometime in June, I will need actual room numbers. If you don't want your room number published, IM me and I will put it on the list but not on the website. I am hoping to close this list to additions in June so we will have a good count in plenty of time for the cruise.

We have 5 people in 2 cabins going on this cruise and very excited since we haven't done a cruise in over a year!!

My husband and I will be bringing our 10-year-old DD and our 16-year-old DD as well as my 81-year-old mother.

We are planning to stay at one of the Starwood hotels in downtown Seattle from Friday through Monday (i.e. W, Westin or Sheraton) before sailing. Anyone else make pre-cruise plans yet?

Would love to find some new friends before the cruise to help get things rockin' when we hit the ship! :banana:

Question: I believe the "checkin window" has opened up for castaway club members going on this cruise? I'm trying to get some forward info from all of you heading out July 30: When you make your excursion/Palo reservations, are you being offered the option to also choose a port arrival time? I know they're doing this for Port Canaveral, but am trying to find out if it also applies to Seattle or not.

Thanks!
David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter