July 30,2012 - 7 Night Wonder Cruise to Alaska

Just a reminder... There are 4 family groups participating in the FE this cruise at this time. They are:

mem2dzb - 8 people, 3 rooms
newfamilyman - 4 people, 1 room
4BeachBums - 5 people, 2 rooms
mug318ca - 5 people, 2 rooms

Still plenty of time left to get on the list. If I missed anyone, lemme know.

It appears that we will not be able to make this cruise. Too bad since it was going to be on my birthday. Anyway... can someone take over the FE list. I will PM the list to you will all of the participants up till now.

We will be taking the 5/21 Alaska cruise. Scheduling conflicts and being able to take advantage of some CM discounts got us to switch.

Not on this cruise is anymore, cost of the flights over to the staes out it way over the budget.

Hope you all have a great time and look forward to hearing all about it. I will cruise Alaska at some point, may wait until children are a lot older.

We are now PIF. Booked the Taku Lodge flightseeing and a Zip Line adventure for our daughter. Getting closer every day!

Anyone have any pre-cruise hotel recommendations for Seattle?

Just saw that the King Tut exhibit is at the Seattle Pacific Science Center when we are there. We are flying in Friday night so that will be a must see.

HELLO!!!!!!
My hubby and I just decided to join you all for the july 30th alaska cruise:banana: July 30th is our anniversary 18 years:love: and my birthday is july 21. We should be booking in the morning. he's always wanted to go to alaska and we looked into other cruise lines but we just cant make ourselves book with anyone else, this will be our 5th disney cruise but first on the wonder. we've done 2 7 night eastern, 1 7 night western, and 1 14 night pannama cannal all on the magic. this will be our first cruise without our kids, im a little worried that ill feel guilty but in oct were doing back to back cruises on the fantasy so that helps me not feel so guilty. I'm ready for a break and I think we'll have a great time:)

Looks like a small group:confused3 do you have a final count (as of now)?

Hey everyone,
I have taken over the fish extender list. As of now, we have mom2dzb, newfamilyman, 4BeachBums, and myself on the list. I HIGHLY recommend signing up. It’s not very difficult and it is so much fun. It really makes the cruise magical. Last year I did it with a reusable shopping bag from the Disney Store as my fish extender, so if you’re worried about not having an actual fish extender to put the gifts in, don’t let that stop you! Seriously, it’s so magical.

I am setting the deadline to sign up as June 30th. My work schedule is going to get crazier through July and I want to give everyone adequate time to figure out what they’re going to do for gifts.

Message me if you’d like to be put on the list. You can post it here, but I’d suggest a private message as it is less likely to be missed.

Thanks!

Thanks for taking over Larissa. I'm so seldom here so I didn't even notice that we'd lost our leader. I would like to echo your enthusiasm about the FE exchange. It's really fun for kids AND adults. I hope that more cabins get involved!

Oh, and I've signed my family up for some excursions: White Pass Railway and Trail Camp in Skagway and the family will split up in Juneau, dad and the teens on the Helicopter to Mendenhall and mom with the littles to the Sled Dog Discovery & Musher's Camp. In Victoria, I've reserved a private carriage tour, but I'm planning on researching that to see if I can book it on my own. I think the plan for Ketchikan is to make it on our own to the Lumberjack Show and maybe do the duck tour.

59 days to go!!!

We're in for the fish extenders!!! Larissa I private messaged you. This is my first time doing it but super excited!!

Since no one else has stepped up, I will take over the FE list.

Hi Larissa,

I have been trying to PM you but for some reason it never goes through. My family would like to join the FE group we are 3 adults all women ages 57,27, and 25 and we are in stateroom 6532. I will try to message again. Thanks for doing this and we can't wait to see you on the cruise!!:dance3:

We are on the Aug. 6th cruise but just booked our Seattle hotel reservations. We choose the Embassy Suites near the airport. They have a free hot breakfast, suites and a free shuttle in a 5 mile radius. We plan on spending 2 days in seattle and taking the light rail system into the city. The kids will love this adventure! Rooms were only $160 a night too. Super excited. wanted to share.

Shelly

We are on the Aug. 6th cruise but just booked our Seattle hotel reservations. We choose the Embassy Suites near the airport. They have a free hot breakfast, suites and a free shuttle in a 5 mile radius. We plan on spending 2 days in seattle and taking the light rail system into the city. The kids will love this adventure! Rooms were only $160 a night too. Super excited. wanted to share.

Shelly

Hey Shelly, are you planning on taking the shuttle to the port? (It's 15 miles away.) Or, are you planning on taking the light rail system to the port from your hotel?

Hey Shelly, are you planning on taking the shuttle to the port? (It's 15 miles away.) Or, are you planning on taking the light rail system to the port from your hotel?

I talked to the hotel and they have a service they contract with. It was the cheapest I could find after much research. It will cost us $90 to move the 7 of us to the port. A shuttle service was going to be $150. We could have taken the free shuttle back to the airport then taken Disney's transportation at $30 per person each way, so $210. With the service from the hotel we can make a stop or two along the way.

I researched taking the light rail, well lots of walking a bus, light rail and something else crazy and an hour and a half later, we'd be at the pier. Yes it would only cost us about $3-5 each, but moving 7 people with luggage that way...no thank you! lol!

Hope this helps someone else. I called my travel agent and the hotel to figure this all out. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter