July 29, 2013 Wonder Alaska

It's getting closer-I just booked my first excursion a floatplane trip to Misty Fjords with Island wings. Now just waiting on my booking window with Disney to open up.

Almost forgot to say that's for posting this the other day. It reminded me that my booking window had opened on Monday and I had totally forgotten. Whoops!

Still got Palo brunch though. YUM!

Getting closer for booking/check-in!
Will there be a cut-off/deadline for FE participants? I'll need to order some things and I want to have enough for everyone participating.
Also, even though we have two cabins, we are just one family so we'll hang one FE. (The challenge of enough space for a family of five-- and in this case, two inside rooms costing less than one ocean view!)

Getting closer for booking/check-in!
Will there be a cut-off/deadline for FE participants? I'll need to order some things and I want to have enough for everyone participating.
Also, even though we have two cabins, we are just one family so we'll hang one FE. (The challenge of enough space for a family of five-- and in this case, two inside rooms costing less than one ocean view!)

My suggestion would be a June 1st cutoff. Would that work for everyone??

You also bring up another point.....for those you that have 2 cabins listed on the FE list, will you have fish extenders on both cabins? Maybe we should just list the cabin where the FE will be to make it easier.

FE LIST
2572 [zepols] Mike, Shannon
2573 [w/zepols] Melinda (DD18), Mateo (DS14), Christian (DS11), Sophie (DD9)
5137 [MacksMom1] Erin, Jon, Mack (DS5)
6082 [disgreat] John, Kathryn, Julia (DD14)
6113 [ImTooExcitedToSleep] Tom, Kristi, West (DS9)
6132 [minniemimi52/zendisney] Carla, Gilchrist, Lakyn (DD7)
6500 [w/zepols] Bill, Karen
6516/6518 [w/MacDisney] Dad, Mom, DS16, DS15, DD9, DD7
6526/6527 [w/MacDisney] Dad, Mom, DD14, DS12, DS9
6528 [MacDisney] John, Alisa, Arianna (DD11), Andrew (DS7)
6530 [w/MacDisney] Grandpa, Grandma
6564 [w/SpeedyWil] Corby, Tonja, Chase (DS18), Cassidy (DD15)
6568 [w/SpeedyWil] Paul, Dana
6570 [SpeedyWil] Wil, Deanna, Harrison (DS12), Hamilton(DS9), Hayden (DD4)
6622 [Cibahwewah] Wayne, Jen, Walter (DS9), Mackenzie (DS7)
6635(6637) [87Heel] Trey, Marielle, Mary Elizabeth (DD19), Hannah (DD15), Walter (DS9)

June 1st sounds great! Just got done with booking our one must do excursion so I'm starting to let myself get excited. My DH is an anti-planner, but I got him to agree to free wheeling most of the time as long as I could get one major excursion in the schedule. I can't wait to see my DS's face if everything works out for our helicopter, glacier, and dog sledding adventure!!!

Finished checking in and booking our excursions. We plan to do some exploring the ports on our own, too. In case anyone was wondering, there was still Palo availability for both brunch and dinner (just looked out of general curiosity).

Just finished our booking and check in. Very Thankful that I was able to do the whole process at once instead of having to get back up at 3:00 am as in the past.
We were able to get a Palo brunch- all DH would agree to
Best of skagway- still on the fence with this one
Enchanted Taku- This was the major one I wanted. I picked the later time as I just couldn't see eating lunch food in the morning. Hoping I made the right decision.
Ketichakan- We are using an outside company for a float plane to Misty Fjords

Hope everyone gets what they want. Off to bed

Got up early this morning (5AM) and was able to book excursions and Palo Brunch.
Best of Juneau, Yukon expedition, Saxman Native Village and Lumberjack show.
The excitement is really building in our house!
Less than 3 months to go!! YAHOOOOO!:yay:

Since this is the first time we are doing a FE, I had a few questions.:confused3

Some of the posts I have read describe organized FE rules like different people are assigned a special day to leave their gift. Some have one gift per family rules or one gift per person in the room rules.

Do we have any rules for our FE gift exchange? I'm more of a spontaneous let everybody do their own thing kind of person. :cool1: I would probably deliver FE gifts when I can squeeze it into our schedule - it could be any day of the week.

How many gifts I give to each room will probably depend on the inspiration that I get regarding the type of gift that I am giving. I am still trying to settle in on what type of gift to give. (especially since there is no pirate night - I guess I won't be giving out pirate oriented goodies!)

What does everyone else think?

I'm more of a spontaneous let everybody do their own thing kind of person. :cool1:

:cool1:

I think we should be fine without rules and too much organization. When you're on cruises with 100 cabins participating, then you kinda have to spread things out and get organized.

We tend to go overboard and deliver a little something (especially to the kids) almost ever day. Speaking of....time to go shopping! :surfweb:

I had booked Palo Brunch for DW and me 2 weeks ago, but now that our friends (minniemimi52 & zendisney) are now able to book, I was able to change it to a table for 4 without any problems.

Our families also booked the White Pass Rail...just the regular one ($122 for adults) in Skagway and the Mendenhall Glacier/Mt. Roberts Tramway combo in Juneau.

FE LIST
2572 [zepols] Mike, Shannon
2573 [w/zepols] Melinda (DD18), Mateo (DS14), Christian (DS11), Sophie (DD9)
5137 [MacksMom1] Erin, Jon, Mack (DS5)
6082 [disgreat] John, Kathryn, Julia (DD14)
6113 [ImTooExcitedToSleep] Tom, Kristi, West (DS9)
6132 [minniemimi52/zendisney] Carla, Gilchrist, Lakyn (DD7)
6500 [w/zepols] Bill, Karen
6516/6518 [w/MacDisney] Dad, Mom, DS16, DS15, DD9, DD7
6526/6527 [w/MacDisney] Dad, Mom, DD14, DS12, DS9
6528 [MacDisney] John, Alisa, Arianna (DD11), Andrew (DS7)
6530 [w/MacDisney] Grandpa, Grandma
6564 [w/SpeedyWil] Corby, Tonja, Chase (DS18), Cassidy (DD15)
6568 [w/SpeedyWil] Paul, Dana
6570 [SpeedyWil] Wil, Deanna, Harrison (DS12), Hamilton(DS9), Hayden (DD4)
6622 [Cibahwewah] Wayne, Jen, Walter (DS9), Mackenzie (DS7)
6635(6637) [87Heel] Trey, Marielle, Mary Elizabeth (DD19), Hannah (DD15), Walter (DS9)

MacDisney---Which cabins will have FEs?? 6516 or 6518 or both? 6526 or 6527 or both?

Hi Everyone,

This is our first ever cruise and we are ridiculously excited. We have not told our DS7 and DS8 that we are going and we've scheduled our character call to coincide with our departure for the pier. We're anxiously awaiting our date to start booking our excursions and Palo. There seems to be so much to learn - where do you start?

I noticed from reading the posts that many of you are planning on spending a few days in Vancouver. We lived there for 3 years, so if you have any questions about where to go and what to do, feel free to ask!

Hi Everyone,

This is our first ever cruise and we are ridiculously excited. We have not told our DS7 and DS8 that we are going and we've scheduled our character call to coincide with our departure for the pier. We're anxiously awaiting our date to start booking our excursions and Palo. There seems to be so much to learn - where do you start?

I noticed from reading the posts that many of you are planning on spending a few days in Vancouver. We lived there for 3 years, so if you have any questions about where to go and what to do, feel free to ask!

Welcome!!

Our DD is 13 (but going on 16) so she'll be in Edge.

Our DD is 14. On the Disney website, I noticed that 14 year olds can go in either Vibe or Edge. Have any of your kids spent time in these clubs? Are they really very different? Would my DD be able to spend time in both clubs or would she have to pick one to stay in? Are Vibe and Edge really that different from each other in terms of acitivities?

I noticed there are several other 14 year olds on the fish extender list.

What club is your 14 year old planning to spend their time in?

Thanks for any info you can share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter