July 29, 2013 Wonder Alaska

LBflute

Earning My Ears
Just booked ours last weekend. This will be our third Disney cruise; we did the Dream in August 2011, Wonder MR in March 2012. We've also done a Norwegian Hawaii cruise in August 2010, and hubby and I have sailed with Crystal twice, plus a European cruise coming up this fall. We love the Disney ships, especially the Wonder. We have two tweens, DD age 13 and DS age 12.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

We also just booked for this cruise! This will be our second Disney Wonder cruise. At DS 4's request, we were able to book "our" room from the Mexican Riviera cruise we took last fall. This cruise will be celebrating our 10th anniversary and DS starting "big kid school"!:cheer2: Can't wait to meet other folks!

Hi! We just got off the Fantasy yesterday. We booked this trip to Alaska while we were on board. This will be our first trip to Alaska. Looking forward to getting to know everyone before we sail.

Yay, we just booked!!! We are traveling with our entire family of 16, celebrating our parents 50th wedding anniversary!!pixiedust:

We are booked on this cruise too :) Will be celebrating DH's 50th bday. If anyone is starting the FE group, we would be interested in participating!

Looking forward to meeting everyone :yay:

Just got off the Disney Dream and booked this cruise while aboard. We've always wanted to see Alaska, and my Dh's birthday will be on August 1. See ya there!

Great day!!!

Paul and Dana Bewley just booked both thier daughters and their families for this wonderful cruise! Many thanks, now lets start planning, where's the FE list and do we have special groups?

SpeedyWil said:
Great day!!!

Paul and Dana Bewley just booked both thier daughters and their families for this wonderful cruise! Many thanks, now lets start planning, where's the FE list and do we have special groups?

This will be our second family cruise. We didn't do any FE in the first one but would love to join in on this cruise

We have done FE in the past. They are lots of fun. I am undecided if we would do it this time due to possible packing constraints. Once I start looking into airlines I will have a better idea. We are still deciding how many days to do in Vancouver prior to sailing. There are several things we would like to see there. What are other people doing?

Hello everyone! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and the first time on the Wonder. We are Kevin, Donna, Audrey (8 yrs) and Alexander (6 yrs) and Kevin's parents. We are super excited to see Alaska for the first time!

Z Cruisers said:
Hello everyone! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and the first time on the Wonder. We are Kevin, Donna, Audrey (8 yrs) and Alexander (6 yrs) and Kevin's parents. We are super excited to see Alaska for the first time!

Welcome!

ImTooExcitedToSleep said:
We're in!!!

Welcome! This has been a quiet thread. My DH and are starting to look at airfare and hotels in Vancouver. We are planning on spending 3.5 days in Vancouver before sailing. We would like to go over to Victoria for a day. I think we will stay at Pan Pacific, it was actually coming in a little cheaper than the Fairmont properties. We have started looking at excursions. There are lots that I want to do. I will have to narrow it down but right now it's to hard. Has anyone else started planning yet?

Vicki

Sorry for the brief message earlier.

Me: Tom
DW: Kristi
DS9: West

This will be our second Disney Cruise to Alaska. We went last summer as well.

You must have enjoyed your cruise, to have booked again. Do you have any advice on excursions? It is me (Vicki 49) and my DH (Tim 51). We definitely want to do a train ride. I would like to do a float plane. I have my eye on the one to Taku lodge. Not sure about the lumbar jack show. It looks fun, but we may do something similar in Vancouver. My DH would like to go panning for gold. What did you do last year?

You must have enjoyed your cruise, to have booked again. Do you have any advice on excursions? It is me (Vicki 49) and my DH (Tim 51). We definitely want to do a train ride. I would like to do a float plane. I have my eye on the one to Taku lodge. Not sure about the lumbar jack show. It looks fun, but we may do something similar in Vancouver. My DH would like to go panning for gold. What did you do last year?

We didn't do any excursions last year. I wasn't working full time, so it wasn't in the budget. We probably should have just cancelled, but we had family going with us.

Hopefully, this time is different.

DS8 learned how to pan for gold at a rock shop in Skagway for $20. :thumbsup2

At the port in Vancouver, they were handing out coupon books. Make sure you take one, especially if you like cheap souvenirs (t-shirts, etc). That's where we found the info about the place to pan for gold.

In Juneau, I went to the Alaskan Brewing company. They have a shuttle that leaves from their store downtown for a small fee. My wife took a tour of the state capital. I think that was free (or very cheap).

In Ketchikan, we had fish & chips and went shopping. :)

Maybe I'll post some pictures later.

We didn't do any excursions last year. I wasn't working full time, so it wasn't in the budget. We probably should have just cancelled, but we had family going with us.

Hopefully, this time is different.

DS8 learned how to pan for gold at a rock shop in Skagway for $20. :thumbsup2

At the port in Vancouver, they were handing out coupon books. Make sure you take one, especially if you like cheap souvenirs (t-shirts, etc). That's where we found the info about the place to pan for gold.

In Juneau, I went to the Alaskan Brewing company. They have a shuttle that leaves from their store downtown for a small fee. My wife took a tour of the state capital. I think that was free (or very cheap).

In Ketchikan, we had fish & chips and went shopping. :)

Maybe I'll post some pictures later.

Pictures would be great. Thanks for the info regarding the coupon books in Vancouver. I think my DH might like the Alaskan Brewing Company. I might look into that for him. Can you walk to their downtown store from the ship?

Hello, we just booked our trip. We are excited.
Carla, Gilchrist, and Lakyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter