• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 23rd 2006 4 Day Cruise Disney Wonder, anyone?

I didn't realize you could use any card with a magnetic strip to open/close safe. I guess any credit card would do also. What a great idea.

It's been raining here since Saturday and it's predicted to continue through next week. :headache: I"m looking forward to a nice dry ship.

Melody80 - the passporter is great - lot of helpful information. You might want to check half.com and see if you can get one there.

27 Days 0 Hrs 42 Mins 52 Secs :hourglass

Yes, you can use any card for the safe, even your costco card. I prefer the safes on Princess where you punch in the numbers just like in a hotel.

We've taken 4 Disney cruises, 2 4 nights and 2 7 nights but the last time we went Disney was in January 2004. Since then we've done 3 Princess cruises, including 1 10 night out of Southampton, England throughout the northern European capitals with the kids. My husband and I also have a southern caribbean booked on the Crown Princess for 11/4/06.
My kids first time cruising was when they were 10, 12, and 14 I think and they LOVE it. They're not quite sure how they feel about going back on Disney to be honest now that they're 14, 16 and 18 as the teen programs on Princess really are much better.
Our last cruise on the Star Princess in March was a disaster of course yet they're ready to get back on a ship and cruise again. My husband and I feel like being on a ship that doesn't look like Princess may actually be easier so it hopefully doesn't bring back nightmares.

I'm not exactly sure where we met on the last few Disney cruises, but it was up on the top deck after sailaway. We should also plan on something inside since you never know with our rainy season here in Florida whether or not it will be raining for sailaway.

One tip I can give you all (unless you already know this) is to bring plenty of $1 bills with you. I always leave some tucked away in a drawer for easy access for when anyone orders room service. We always order up coffee in the morning to have our on the verandah and it's much easier to do this than always open up the safe early in the am.

Just today's update

ItIt is now Wednesday 6/28/2006 at 8:01:26 AM
Event: Disney Cruise
Scheduled For 7/23/2006 10:00 AM
25 days 1 hour 58 minutes 34 seconds or
3 weekends or
25 days or
601 hours (401 waking hours) or
36,118 minutes or
2,167,113 seconds

Anyone else staying at the Radisson the night before or going to WDW after? I'm thinking of doing the Rainforest room. Anyone else? I was so busy on the other 3 cruises I never got around to it. Too much laying around by the Quiet Cove pool.

Looking forward to seeing some sun soon.
6.gif

24 Days 23 Hrs 21 Mins 11 Secs

We will be staying about an hour away at a friends house in Florida, so will drive in the morning of the cruise, but we are expecting to get there about 9:30 am so that when they open the parking lot, we can be one of the first ones in. One of us will go check in while the other parks the car.

Don't think we will do any SPA things - somehow I just can't get past the prices.... here in town a (very well done) 1 hour massage is only $39.00 - so when I look at the prices being charged on the cruise line(s), I just can't justify it.

DD has decided to do matching T-shirts for the three of us for each of the days there- so went and purchased them yesterday -- am busy washing them now, so we can make them -- that should make packing much easier LOL! She has spent the last three days designing them all, so I can't wait to help her make them and then be able to show off her work on the cruise.

Also, Big Lots (do you have them where you guys all live?) has the really big round floats on sale for $5.99 (the same price as Disney rents them for), but they have a cord around them so you can hook up and float together with each other holding the cords. They are different colors, so they are easy to spot/keep track of. They are flat so they are easy to pack also. I thought I'd let you know in case anyone might be interested. I bought three of them (along with goggles for the banana boat).

I really have to stay out of the stores -- everytime I turn around I see something that would be "just great" for the crusie LOL!.

I am starwood's DS. I am encouraging all teenagers that will be on 7/23 wonder to visit a new thread. I started a thread ONLY for teens. I will plan get-togethers and other things that we can ALL do together.

DV92

starwood said:
Anyone else staying at the Radisson the night before or going to WDW after? I'm thinking of doing the Rainforest room. Anyone else? I was so busy on the other 3 cruises I never got around to it. Too much laying around by the Quiet Cove pool.

Looking forward to seeing some sun soon.
6.gif

24 Days 23 Hrs 21 Mins 11 Secs

We'll be visiting Disney on Saturday and then staying at the new Residence Inn by the port at night. We only live about 4 hours away from port down in Naples but I want to be there at 10 am when the port opens and dont' relish the thought of leaving here at 6 am.

This is my son's thread for the teenagers in the group.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1150684

Also, Big Lots (do you have them where you guys all live?) has the really big round floats on sale for $5.99 (the same price as Disney rents them for), but they have a cord around them so you can hook up and float together with each other holding the cords. They are different colors, so they are easy to spot/keep track of. They are flat so they are easy to pack also. I thought I'd let you know in case anyone might be interested. I bought three of them (along with goggles for the banana boat).

You do realize you will need to inflate these? :teeth: I hope you have a lot of breath and aren't asthmatic. I do like the idea that they have cords - I wish CC had them. Maybe if you ask the CM nicely they will use their air pump on them. It's worth a shot!

starwood said:
You do realize you will need to inflate these? :teeth: I hope you have a lot of breath and aren't asthmatic. I do like the idea that they have cords - I wish CC had them. Maybe if you ask the CM nicely they will use their air pump on them. It's worth a shot!

Last Christmas, at 90% off, I was able to get a foot air pump - its smaller in nature, and I plan on bringing that with me - hopefully it will work.... we are going to try it out prior to the cruise, since we are going to the beach one day - if it doesn't work well, I may be back to renting them on land LOL! It was the cords that drew me to them.

It's amazing to see that there are still so many cabins left for our sailing. Hopefully it won't sell out to 100% and keep some of the crowds down.

How is everyone coming with their plans for the cruise? Anyone planning on doing anything exciting in Nassau?

cjsmith said:
It's amazing to see that there are still so many cabins left for our sailing. Hopefully it won't sell out to 100% and keep some of the crowds down.

How is everyone coming with their plans for the cruise? Anyone planning on doing anything exciting in Nassau?

I still can't believe that our cruise isn't sold out yet. The Shore excursions for Nassau are booked!!!!!! Me, starwood, and my dad are doing Discover Atlantis on Nassau and the Glass Bottom Boat Scenic Voyage (in hope to see the Flying Dutchman).

DV92

Anyone have any infor on the Flying Dutchman? I know its at Castaway Cay but thats all I know. Will the glass bottom boat get you up closer to it or something?

Got my documents today, well the new abbreviated package of documents anyway! It's pretty amazing considering I just booked the cruise last Saturday and paid on Sunday.

Doing the doc dance!!! :cool1:

cjsmith said:
Got my documents today, well the new abbreviated package of documents anyway! It's pretty amazing considering I just booked the cruise last Saturday and paid on Sunday.

Doing the doc dance!!! :cool1:

I want my docs!!!!! Anyone else get theirs yet?

So, DD decided we all (as in the three of us in our stateroom) needed to dress alike - okay, sorta alike, she does not want to match the two adults 100% (go figure)... so, Hobby Lobby has T-shirts on sale for 1/2 off (thank goodness, because 3 T-shirts ended up in the trash!).... Now, after doing three different shirts, it was fast becoming obvious we needed glue on letters. Now, the problem was, we needed 617 (!!!) glue on letters – I could pay for anther cruise at the cost of that…. So, 3 yards of black material, fusible glue, and gothic stout heavy printed out letters, I proceeded to cut out letters. I am now happy to say that all 617 letters have been cut out and peeled.

I am now printing out the pictures on transfer paper, and well, soon, 18 T-shirts will have been created. This should make packing a little easier LOL! Now, I can’t wait for you guys to see her designs.

We only have 1,957,583 seconds -- Where are my docs????????????

triptaker

Another family got their Docs - Colorado DISers just posted that they also got theirs via UPS - I went and checked outside my front door (thinking I never check the front door) and no Docs there either.... :sad2:

Also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cruise-ID-Lanya...oryZ1310QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is an item for holding your KTTW, etc. It is not big enough for your passport, but, I got three of them, and the guy mailed them out pronto also. If you have not gotten anything (some people get the big dry box, but that does not hold a passport either) this might be a good thing to keep track of where stuff is (??)

triptaker

triptaker said:
Another family got their Docs - Colorado DISers just posted that they also got theirs via UPS - I went and checked outside my front door (thinking I never check the front door) and no Docs there either.... :sad2:

Also:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cruise-ID-Lanya...oryZ1310QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is an item for holding your KTTW, etc. It is not big enough for your passport, but, I got three of them, and the guy mailed them out pronto also. If you have not gotten anything (some people get the big dry box, but that does not hold a passport either) this might be a good thing to keep track of where stuff is (??)

triptaker

Yes, we got our UPS. Not sure why Disney still sends their docs this way. Princess actually does regular mail.

I just did the online check in for myself and DS (don't have DH's passport info to do his). Very easy. BUT the mail came and went with no docs. :( We booked through Costco so I have to wait for them to send the docs.

21 Days 23 Hrs 26 Mins 57 Secs until cruise

19 Days 15 Hrs 26 Mins 36 Secs umtil we leave for Florida!!!!

:thumbsup2 As triptaker said, we did receive our docs last night. I was surprised to see them so early. Let the doc flood gates open for all. This will be a our first cruise and we are looking forward to meeting some great people and having the time of our lives. :banana: :banana:

The disposable waterproof cameras are on sale this week at target for $6.22 each. Good time to get some if you don't have any, or maybe pick up a few more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter