July 22, 2015 * 12-night Northern European Cruise!

Vote for a nickname for our cruise! (Voting closes 5-21-14)

• Nuts for Northern Europe

• Mickey to Russia with Love

• The Mouse Who Loved Me

• Baltic Buccaneers

• Wishing Upon a Northern European Star: 12 Nights of Magic

• To Russia with Mickey Bars

• Creme de la Kremlin

• Tea, Goulash & Mickey Bars

• From Russia with (Mickey) Gloves...

• Don't Russia Back to Finnish in Dover

Results are only viewable after voting.
Morning all, we are also in the process of booking with Anastasia Travel for the St Petersburg days. So much to see and if I am honest I can't see us going back for a land based holiday so I want to make the most of it.

Andrew those photos look fab :)

Mel
x

I have a quote from them, too. And as soon as tax season is over and I can think clearly again, I'm going to book.

Morning all, we are also in the process of booking with Anastasia Travel for the St Petersburg days. So much to see and if I am honest I can't see us going back for a land based holiday so I want to make the most of it.

Andrew those photos look fab :)

Mel
x

Mel thank you.

I have a quote from them, too. And as soon as tax season is over and I can think clearly again, I'm going to book.

Both I guarantee you will love it and after booking this cruise that's the best decision you have made, they really do look after you, you will fit far more in with them then any DCL tour..

PS Not on any commission.

PPS If in the UK Next weeks Treasure Hunters BBC1 Monday shows Catherine's palace do not miss it.

Like many of you, we're planning to spend a couple of days in London before the cruise. Last time we were there, we rode the Hop-on-Hop-off bus for a few hours to get acclimated to the area, then we randomly walked all over town to sight-see. Does anyone know if there's a "Walking Tour of London" brochure or map that we could do this time?

Finally back after 2 weeks in a grey, wet, foggy Newcastle & am now attempting too catch up so apologies if I duplicate. There are several good walking guide books (my favourite is walk london (a pit kin guide)) and also some trails funded by transport for london. These include rural river thames (Hampton Court to Albert Bridge), heart of river thames ( albert bridge to london bridge), seafaring london (tower bridge to greenwich) and working river thames (thames barrier to crayford ness)

Finally back after 2 weeks in a grey, wet, foggy Newcastle & am now attempting too catch up so apologies if I duplicate. There are several good walking guide books (my favourite is walk london (a pit kin guide)) and also some trails funded by transport for london. These include rural river thames (Hampton Court to Albert Bridge), heart of river thames ( albert bridge to london bridge), seafaring london (tower bridge to greenwich) and working river thames (thames barrier to crayford ness)

Thanks so much! We really appreciate the recommendations!

Have any of the repeat Baltic cruisers attended a Russian ballet performance before?

Hello Tink, sorry no when I went to St Petersburg we had two full on days touting and my kids were younger, but DCL and Anastasia both have tours to it, I had friends who did it and they enjoyed it.

I think you leave circa 5pm 5.30 pm so you miss dinner that night have to snack before.

For this cruise we are staying out later I am adding in an evening riverboat tour I have booked that with Anastasia.

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

Hi Andrew - thanks for the information. I'm pretty sure my DH wouldn't be interested in seeing the ballet, but I would love to go. It's good to see that there were tours with DCL last time as that might be the best way to book on my own.

Hi Andrew - thanks for the information. I'm pretty sure my DH wouldn't be interested in seeing the ballet, but I would love to go. It's good to see that there were tours with DCL last time as that might be the best way to book on my own.

Maybe organise a ladies night out with some other cruisers? They did take on some dancers on the St Petersburg night onto the ship.

Yes, thanks for all of the information. It's great to hear what the options are!

Great, keep looking on the FB group I posted more there and there are a number of cruisers who have been before.

We are booked on this cruise and directed to this thread. Lots of great info. Would love to be part of the Facebook group as well.

We are booked on this cruise and directed to this thread. Lots of great info. Would love to be part of the Facebook group as well.

:welcome:

PM me with your email address, and I will email you an invite to the Facebook group.

Forgot to add that we a a family of 4 -myself (Julia), DH (Chris), DD 14 and DD 10. This will be our 7 th Disney cruise. We are sailing the Mediterranean this summer on DCL. Really excited about the cruising the Baltics. It's been a region we have always wanted to visit.

Forgot to add that we a a family of 4 -myself (Julia), DH (Chris), DD 14 and DD 10. This will be our 7 th Disney cruise. We are sailing the Mediterranean this summer on DCL. Really excited about the cruising the Baltics. It's been a region we have always wanted to visit.

Welcome, we also are in the Med this summer and doing the Baltic next yesr.

DW & I are booked on the 22 July 2015 Baltic Cruise -- our 1st cruise! In for a penny, in for a pound!

I'd be interested in joining the Facebook group.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Copenhagen as my paternal ancestry is Danish. I have a photo of my grandfather in the town square in front of the Palace Hotel just before his embarkation on the SS Oscar II to Canada in May 1928 -- I can't wait to put myself in that spot and get a corresponding photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter