• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 22, 2015 * 12-night Northern European Cruise!

Vote for a nickname for our cruise! (Voting closes 5-21-14)

• Nuts for Northern Europe

• Mickey to Russia with Love

• The Mouse Who Loved Me

• Baltic Buccaneers

• Wishing Upon a Northern European Star: 12 Nights of Magic

• To Russia with Mickey Bars

• Creme de la Kremlin

• Tea, Goulash & Mickey Bars

• From Russia with (Mickey) Gloves...

• Don't Russia Back to Finnish in Dover

Results are only viewable after voting.
Deb T and mousemom11, sorry but I can't "reply" to your PM either!

I am new to this, too. Been on Cruise Critic for years and then a Disney friend of mine just told me about WDW Info. So much more information here! Anyway, it's a rule you have to make ten posts before you can send any private messages. You are almost there! :)

Good Morning everyone! My goal today is to make a nice cup of tea and finally read through all of your posts here. There is so much good information! Thank you! :)

I am new to this, too. Been on Cruise Critic for years and then a Disney friend of mine just told me about WDW Info. So much more information here! Anyway, it's a rule you have to make ten posts before you can send any private messages. You are almost there! :)

Good Morning everyone! My goal today is to make a nice cup of tea and finally read through all of your posts here. There is so much good information! Thank you! :)

I also post on cruise critic but there is more information on our Facebook group.

Good to know. I'd like to fly BA because they have nonstops between Seattle and London. I prefer the European carriers to US carriers because they have a higher level of service on international flights. BA has a flight from London to Seattle that leaves at 2:30. Do you think that's late enough to take that flight the day we disembark?

2.30 is fine no problems even with delays and rush hour traffic on the Monday, in face have breakfast on ship then go, as you will hit the tail end of rush hour and it could be quicker than leaving promptly and getting caught on the M25.

Thanks for posting the fabulous photo's of St. Catherine's Palace. I am really looking for to going there, even if it won't be with the princesses. :sad:

Thanks for posting the fabulous photo's of St. Catherine's Palace. I am really looking for to going there, even if it won't be with the princesses. :sad:

To be honest the main attraction is the palace the princesses can be seen on DHIP and are a distraction. There good for young kids to keep them interested.

Excited to be joining in It'll be me, DH, and twin DDs (who turn 12 on 7/21!) This will be our 4th cruise with Disney. First time getting an inside stateroom. We were concerned about the long days and sunrise being at 3 am! Also, we want to save money to use on excursion. Anyone who's done this cruise before have any advice.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

:welcome: ep1229! :)

We experienced a little of the "White Nights" on our last Baltic cruise! :thumbsup2

We would like to be added to the thread. It will be me, dh (Geraint) and DS (Ethan -14) and Rhys (12) It's our fourth cruise, and very excited about going even though it's so long to wait. We live about 20 minutes from Cardiff, which is where most of Dr Who is filmed.

I will pm for the Facebook group.
Diane

:welcome: ohana7! :)

We experienced a little of the "White Nights" on our last Baltic cruise! :thumbsup2

Excited to be joining in It'll be me, DH, and twin DDs (who turn 12 on 7/21!) This will be our 4th cruise with Disney. First time getting an inside stateroom. We were concerned about the long days and sunrise being at 3 am! Also, we want to save money to use on excursion. Anyone who's done this cruise before have any advice.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

It interests me when people make these comments as (1) rooms have curtains so if its light there isn't any issue, and (2) we had good sunsets to view but it wasn't that light as you said.

We were in Alaska it was great to just be on the verandah at say 10pm or 11pm and still get views but we could go off to sleep close the curtains and its dark.

In fact my son watches movies during the day and often at noon has the room fully dark with curtains closed to view the movie.

It interests me when people make these comments as (1) rooms have curtains so if its light there isn't any issue, and (2) we had good sunsets to view but it wasn't that light as you said.

We were in Alaska it was great to just be on the verandah at say 10pm or 11pm and still get views but we could go off to sleep close the curtains and its dark.

In fact my son watches movies during the day and often at noon has the room fully dark with curtains closed to view the movie.

It didn't bother our sleeping at all, as it was just like dusk outside. But, we were glad to experience something that doesn't occur anywhere near where we live. We sat on our verandah and took pictures and a short video until 1am. I guess you could say we're easily entertained. :rotfl2:

It didn't bother our sleeping at all, as it was just like dusk outside. But, we were glad to experience something that doesn't occur anywhere near where we live. We sat on our verandah and took pictures and a short video until 1am. I guess you could say we're easily entertained. :rotfl2:

I sleep light and so like to see where we are,

Alaska was good from 6am to 11 pm there were great things to see.

I would say Alaska was slightly lighter than the Blatic was in 2010.

But draw the curtains and our room is pitch black, well if your Wave phone is on charge that has a light so we black that out and the IPhone docking station.

Outside light has no effect due to heavy curtains.

Andrew, I think you are confusing sunsets with sunrises....there was no mention of sunset in the original post. What... you have to close the curtains to watch a movie in concierge shocking lol

To be honest the main attraction is the palace the princesses can be seen on DHIP and are a distraction. There good for young kids to keep them interested.
Yes, you are right of course. I shouldn't need them to keep me interested.:p

I went on TripAdvisor to see if we can schedule a private tour. Most tour guides cost $255.00 per person. Oh My!

Sticker shock for DH & I.

I think that we have to go with DCL if this is how much they cost.

Anyone else researched the same information?

Thanks!

BTW: I am not on FB. Just find this forum much better for my personal preference.

I went on TripAdvisor to see if we can schedule a private tour. Most tour guides cost $255.00 per person. Oh My!

Sticker shock for DH & I.

I think that we have to go with DCL if this is how much they cost.

Anyone else researched the same information?

Thanks!

BTW: I am not on FB. Just find this forum much better for my personal preference.

You will find a Private tour for say four or more people cheaper and see more places than a DCL tour, I have out up a schedule and quote for 2015 on the face group group, maybe if you meet up and share with someone the cost will go down.

As it's a private quote I can't post it here sorry.

We went in 2010 and were very very happy on our tour.

Andrew, I think you are confusing sunsets with sunrises....there was no mention of sunset in the original post. What... you have to close the curtains to watch a movie in concierge shocking lol

No not loosing my marbles I was responding to two posts the above clearly says white nights but my answer covers a late sunset or an early sunrise,

And Paul no you can't come and play with my DVD in my stateroom at noon on a sea day to watch Frozen, if you are doing a back to back and I can only get time off for one cruise then you get more out of it.:thumbsup2

Yes, you are right of course. I shouldn't need them to keep me interested.:p

Agree now if it was far cheaper then we all will do it but it's Disney, as said for families with pre teen kids, maybe little princesses the Princess ball at Catherine's palace must be wonderful, it will sell out, but my point the Amber room at St Catherine's palace needs no distractions.

You will find a Private tour for say four or more people cheaper and see more places than a DCL tour, I have out up a schedule and quote for 2015 on the face group group, maybe if you meet up and share with someone the cost will go down.

As it's a private quote I can't post it here sorry.

We went in 2010 and were very very happy on our tour.

Thanks for the information. We have 3 family friends who are going and hoping to share a private tour.

Due to my work, I am not on FB.

Thanks so much!

Morning all, we are also in the process of booking with Anastasia Travel for the St Petersburg days. So much to see and if I am honest I can't see us going back for a land based holiday so I want to make the most of it.

Andrew those photos look fab :)

Mel
x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter