July 2012 Car Rentals

Tamara don't worry yourself sick. The prices will come down. You have a lot of time between now and then and it will wear on you.

In the mean time have you signed up for Alamo's Insider program? Its free and they offer the Insiders members better discounts than the general public.

Tamara don't worry yourself sick. The prices will come down. You have a lot of time between now and then and it will wear on you.

In the mean time have you signed up for Alamo's Insider program? Its free and they offer the Insiders members better discounts than the general public.

Thanks Shelly for keeping me grounded about this!!! I am just getting so anxious!!!! I am a member of Alamo Insiders and that does help. I just want to get my car reserved. It's the last thing on my list!!! :rotfl:

Has anyone checked rates lately? I can't do it. As Shelly says, I am going to worry myself sick over this!!! :rotfl2:

subbing :)

I two weeks in an economy booked at National from the Car Care Center June 23-July 7 for $344 CAD. Looking for better!

I am so glad that I am not the only one that is shocked at the prices. I live in WY and the flights are outrageous also. So disappointing to try to save money when everything is just outrageous. Thanks for all the great info.

subbing :)

I two weeks in an economy booked at National from the Car Care Center June 23-July 7 for $344 CAD. Looking for better!

Expedia.ca has an economy car for your dates (picking up at the airport, not at the Car Care Center) for $262.79 CDN (includes taxes and fees and unlimited mileage, and because its through Budget, you also get a free additional spousal driver).

A full sized car is $289.30.

I used a noon pick up and noon drop off as the default times. The rate may change somewhat if your times differ. Would be worth running your exact info just to see.

Expedia.ca has an economy car for your dates (picking up at the airport, not at the Car Care Center) for $262.79 CDN (includes taxes and fees and unlimited mileage, and because its through Budget, you also get a free additional spousal driver).

A full sized car is $289.30.

I used a noon pick up and noon drop off as the default times. The rate may change somewhat if your times differ. Would be worth running your exact info just to see.

When using the Expedia.ca do you have to pay upfront? Is it refundable if you decide to cancel? Has anyone reported back to say if they were successful or unsuccesful when using the Expedia.ca? Please fill me in!!!

Well I plugged in my exact dates and its still over $500!!! :laughing:

When using the Expedia.ca do you have to pay upfront? Is it refundable if you decide to cancel? Has anyone reported back to say if they were successful or unsuccesful when using the Expedia.ca? Please fill me in!!!

I think expedia.ca is cancellable but it looks like there are cancellation charges.

We held an Expedia rental for our last vacation (January 2012). We originally booked at $162 for the week. Then it went down to $127. I was able to cancel the original reservation and rebook with absolutely no penalty whatsover. They refunded the first price in full to my credit card within 48 hours and rebilled me for the new rate. I got to keep the difference :thumbsup2 .

Then, 10 days out from our trip, Alamo prices dropped like a stone, and I was able to secure a week's rental for $68 all taxes and fees included. Again, I logged onto Expedia.ca and was able to get a full refund with no penalty and AGAIN, I received the super-speedy credit to my credit card within 48 hours. Everything done on line and very simple.

As for the payment, YES you do have to pay the full amount on booking. That works well with my OCD of having everything paid before we leave :banana: .

I have a week's rental for August with Expedia right now on a full-size car for $142 (includes all taxes). Haven't found anything even close when searching the rental companies direct.

I've been trying to get something decent for July and I can't even fine an Economy worth a damn! :confused3

Just checking in to let everyone know that this morning , most SUV`s at the Alamo site are cheaper then the economy cars right now, however, the rates are still sky high for July....:rolleyes1
Hanging in there in hopes of making a ressie for a decent rate closer to our trip :scared1: (which Ive never had to do before) :sad2: ..
Lets try to hang in there guys, looks like some of us are waiting for the same timeframe !!:grouphug:

Still waiting for that great deal to fall out of the sky :worship:
I need July 7th-15th

Just checking in to let everyone know that this morning , most SUV`s at the Alamo site are cheaper then the economy cars right now, however, the rates are still sky high for July....:rolleyes1
Hanging in there in hopes of making a ressie for a decent rate closer to our trip :scared1: (which Ive never had to do before) :sad2: ..
Lets try to hang in there guys, looks like some of us are waiting for the same timeframe !!:grouphug:

I am not at all surprised at the SUVs being cheaper than economy cars due to the gas prices!!! :rotfl2: Alamo is such a TEASE....but I keep coming back to them!! :laughing: I am with you, I have NEVER had to wait this long. Usually I have some type of ressie with Alamo already and just wait to keep rebooking my ressie for the cheaper rates as they come out. Last year I had a ressie on a standard, a fullsize, a midsize suv, a standard suv and a minivan. We ended up with the minivan. I was considerate of others and cancelled all of those ressies so some inventory would be available. Geez...i thought gas prices being high would make rental rates come down but that sure didnt happen this year!!! :rotfl:

Still waiting for that great deal to fall out of the sky :worship:
I need July 7th-15th

I need 7/18 - 7/28.....this is a difficult waiting game this year. :laughing:

I am really losing my patience. I was on another thread and people on there were talking about their August rental rates. Less than $200 for a full size!!! :eek: I would give anything to see that rate. I would book it in a heartbeat!! Seems like Alamo is really making the July people hold out longer for better rates than any other month. I know its PRIME season, but come on Alamo...cut us a break!!! :sick:

I am not at all surprised at the SUVs being cheaper than economy cars due to the gas prices!!! :rotfl2: Alamo is such a TEASE....but I keep coming back to them!! :laughing: I am with you, I have NEVER had to wait this long. Usually I have some type of ressie with Alamo already and just wait to keep rebooking my ressie for the cheaper rates as they come out. Last year I had a ressie on a standard, a fullsize, a midsize suv, a standard suv and a minivan. We ended up with the minivan. I was considerate of others and cancelled all of those ressies so some inventory would be available. Geez...i thought gas prices being high would make rental rates come down but that sure didnt happen this year!!! :rotfl:

I need 7/18 - 7/28.....this is a difficult waiting game this year. :laughing:

I am really losing my patience. I was on another thread and people on there were talking about their August rental rates. Less than $200 for a full size!!! :eek: I would give anything to see that rate. I would book it in a heartbeat!! Seems like Alamo is really making the July people hold out longer for better rates than any other month. I know its PRIME season, but come on Alamo...cut us a break!!! :sick:

I just plugged in dates for August and they are up there but not as high as July....Ive always modified , canceled, and rebooked as you do, and honestly, I am starting to think that Alamo just got wise to the constant rebooking when they drop rates, so they decided to only drop them very close to each month`s bookings...:idea: Anyway... thats why I believe that we will get a great rate (like I am reading others have for April, and the beginning of May) about the middle or end of June....I know :scared1: I know:scared1: ...I really hate not having a ressie for our trip already as well :eek:
But.. at least we are all not alone in this waiting game....:upsidedow

I've about given up. I'm looking for July 21st-28th and everything is over $300 for that time regardless of what I book. Thats beyond insane!

Well, just booked a Intermediate through Budget for $244.27 after taxes. I'll live with that and watch to see if prices drop.

Although not bad, I'd like it to come down a little more. I used the Westjet (apparently you don't have to be flying WJ) code from Mousesavers.

I can live with that for now. :scratchin

I am on the look out for good rates too. We need a premium size car or an SUV. DH and DD are too tall for an economy car and I don't want to hear them complain the entire time

Normally we don't rent a car since we stay at the deluxe hotels and are fine with the buses but we are adding on a stay on the gulf and staying at OKW for the first time

Trying all the different codes on Mousesavers I have come up with the following. Anyone have any comments as to how good these prices are or should I hope for something better. Prices all include the crazy fees added on for car rentals in Florida

I had seen a great discount code on the cruise board for Avis a few months ago, we weren't planning a vacation then, but of course the search feature is down and it wasn't on the list on Mousesavers. I know the code had a Z in it.

July 22 for an 8 day rental - MCO
Dollar - premium car - $387.03
Budget standard SUV - $415.50
Budget full size - $324.12

Well, just booked a Intermediate through Budget for $244.27 after taxes. I'll live with that and watch to see if prices drop.

Although not bad, I'd like it to come down a little more. I used the Westjet (apparently you don't have to be flying WJ) code from Mousesavers.

I can live with that for now. :scratchin

FYI - I just reserved a car with Budget for a 4 day rental out of Miami airport. I used the above Westjet code from Mousesavers and reserved a compact for $132 - after taxes $190. It was cheaper than anything else I had found... I'm happy for now!!

Thank you for the tip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter