• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

July 2012 Car Rentals

Right now I have a mid-size SUV for a week in August for $290, including tax and fees and free insurance. It's kind of a pain to book, but use corporate ID 8572130.

It is a public code, but you must be a member of KLM's frequent flyer program to use it. Go to the KLM site and register for "Flying Blue" (free). Make a note of your member #.

Then go to National and join the Emerald Club if you aren't already a member (also free). In your EC profile, opt for miles from KLM instead of National's rewards program. Put in your KLM number.

When making your reservation, put in the ID number above (log into your EC club first).

It is by far the best rate I have found to date on pretty much any size car. Found this somewhere else on the DIS; plenty of posters have already called to make sure we can use it, so all is good there.

Someone else was able to stack a coupon with it, but there aren't any valid for my dates yet, so I'm keeping an eye out on rates in the meantime.

GL!

I am hoping that this will work as prices drop for an even better deal. I am flying into Sanford and they don't have an Emerald Aisle. Does anyone know what the benefit is to being an Emerald Club member is if they don't have an Emerald Aisle?

We are looking for 7/13-7/20 and the rates are :scared1: Last year I paid less than $100 total for 6/30-7/9. I'm going hold off as this is the exact way it started last year and than in June the price was dropping daily.

How did you get $1050.94? I get $559.82 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle for your dates Jul 13 - 27th.

When I click on the link you provided, I still get $1054.94 before taxes,over $1200 after taxes. It puts the codes you gave in the boxes, do I need to do something else?

OMG!! Rates are still out of control !!!! :lmao:

My dates are 7/18 9am to 7/28 9am. I hope I will find something good before May, but since all my reservations for everything else is complete, I want to put this car rental to bed. My problem is I am an ALAMO fan. I do have an intermediate vehicle reserved at Thrifty for $465 but I am hoping for a much better deal. :surfweb:

OMG!! Rates are still out of control !!!! :lmao:

My dates are 7/18 9am to 7/28 9am. I hope I will find something good before May, but since all my reservations for everything else is complete, I want to put this car rental to bed. My problem is I am an ALAMO fan. I do have an intermediate vehicle reserved at Thrifty for $465 but I am hoping for a much better deal. :surfweb:

With Budget using travelocity code BCDx474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off I get $404 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle for an intermediate. Budget includes the free additional driver as well and Thrifty charges $10/day extra if that is important.
https://book1.carrental.com/dcweb/a...&budgetCoupon=MUGZ029&CID=W852802_30offweekly

Subscribing :goodvibes ....and still waiting for "Alamo" to drop those outragous rates for July !! :scared1:

The April car rental board is hoping! They have posted tons of codes. I booked a minivan for now for $472 but hopefully I will get a better rate closer to July.

There is an awesome Avis deal going on but it expires June 30. I remember the same thing happened last year, expired before we got there.

link to April thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860730&highlight=car

What is Avis deal? That thread so long I can't seem to locate which one you mean?

With Budget using travelocity code BCDx474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off I get $404 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle for an intermediate. Budget includes the free additional driver as well and Thrifty charges $10/day extra if that is important.
https://book1.carrental.com/dcweb/a...&budgetCoupon=MUGZ029&CID=W852802_30offweekly

Thanks!! :thumbsup2 I made the reservation with Budget just in case this is the best deal I can get. The additional driver is important to me so I guess I better cancel Thrifty. Thanks again. I am still hopeful that Alamo is going to come thru for me in the end and beat everyones price!! :laughing:

This is begining to get hilarious.....I can't help but keep looking and checking everyday.....today the cheapest I found for Alamo was $551.94 (7/18 - 7/28). It was for an intermediate SUV but gave the option of an car class change to a Crossover(ford edge) for no additional cost. OMG!!! My DH would DIE if I agreed to pay $550!!! :lmao: I am losing patience with the whole process. I know that for us traveling in July we will begin to see better rates by May but it is so hard waiting!!!!! :laughing:

The prices people are getting for their April trips is making me GREEN !!! :sick:
Less than $200 for a 10 day full size rental !!! :laughing: Congrats to them!!!:banana: I hope to see July rentals drop low. Right now, I would be happy to see rates at $300!! :rotfl:

Your July rentals should be no where near what you are getting quotes for today! The best car deals happen about 2 weeks before your trip thats when car rental companies release their last minute car rental rates. So don't drive yourself crazy looking now. Don't need you suffering a heart attack before your trip.:lmao:

Your July rentals should be no where near what you are getting quotes for today! The best car deals happen about 2 weeks before your trip thats when car rental companies release their last minute car rental rates. So don't drive yourself crazy looking now. Don't need you suffering a heart attack before your trip.:lmao:

Shelly thanks for giving me hope!! :goodvibes It's just that by now I usually have something alot more reasonable than the current rates. Sometimes I rebook at a month out. I know I need to relax but I can't help it!!! :laughing:

I've never been good with patience! :rolleyes1

Me either !!! :laughing: DH wants me to stick with Alamo. He considers them "Hassle-Free". Although one time we did have a problem, but he keeps reminding me how they worked hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I have to agree. :rolleyes: But what can I do if in the end, their prices aren't lower than others. :confused3 He said we know the procedures and what to expect from Alamo, so its worth a couple of bucks to stick with what we know since we have been very happy with their service. Geez...is it really that serious??? :lovestruc But then again, I guess it is since I am online everyday trying to get a good deal and hoping it's from Alamo!!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter