July 18 2009 Tortola - Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only know what Starwood's fmaily and our family are doing:

Island Tour, Beach and Lunch 9:15 to 2:45

Board open-air safari buses or A/C Coach in Road Town for a scenic island drive of beautiful Tortola. Your tour takes you up Fort Hill along the Ridge Road, passing the local villages of Long Trench and Fahie Hill before arriving at Sky World. Stop here for some souvenir shopping and to take in the stunning views of the British Virgin Islands from the observation deck.

Re-board your buses and continue your tour along the ridge for more breathtaking views before descending Ross path to beautiful Cane Garden Bay. Stop here and enjoy time for swimming and in the crystal-clear water of this spectacular white-sand beach, or take a stroll along the stunning coastline. Enjoy a delicious lunch at a nearby beachside restaurant before more relaxation time and perhaps one last swim.

After approximately 2.5 hours at the beach and lunch, the tour continues along the north shore and over Zion Hill for the scenic drive along the Sir Francis Drake Highway back to Road Town, where your tour concludes.

Port: Tortola
Activity Type:: Beach Water
Activity Level: Mild
Ages: All Ages

Additional Information

Lunch (ribs, chicken or fish) and one beverage (water, soft drinks, fruit and rum punch) included.

One beach chair per person is included at the beach.

Umbrellas are available to rent on beach

Cost:
Adult:$65 (ages 10 and up)
Child :$48 (ages 3-9)
Toddler: under 3 free

It looks like two tours are sold out already:
Oceans 7 beach break and the XBob Underwater Scooter both say no reservations available.

I switched from the Baths to this one as well. Looks like something we would all like. Was unsure about the climbing with DS-13, a brain tumor survivor. It will just be me, DS13 and DS10 and after talking about it decided to change. We get a tour, get to do some shopping, lunch, and a couple hours on the beach, and it is less expensive.

A few pics of us . . .

P8170092.jpg

and . . .

P8170093.jpg

From last year. Dd's pink hair is gone now.

Looks like there will be a good group of 11 year old boys. My son is 11 too and will be finishing 5th grade the end of June. He's into video games, hockey, hanging out and getting a bit more independent. Getting excited now...trying to keep my second graders from checking out at school! (and their teacher too!)

Dang! I read some of the reviews about the Baths and I think we need to do something else. DH is very prone to foot issues & blisters, I would hate for that to happen. The thought of taking shoes and socks is not appealing. Not sure what else to do, maybe a beach day. What is everyone else doing in Tortola?

We are doing the forest and beach tour. It sounds like a nice blend of hiking, scenic views and beach! Should be fun.... :yay:

Looks like there will be a good group of 11 year old boys. My son is 11 too and will be finishing 5th grade the end of June. He's into video games, hockey, hanging out and getting a bit more independent. Getting excited now...trying to keep my second graders from checking out at school! (and their teacher too!)

Our DS is 10 and finishing 4th grade... He loves swimming, video games and basketball. He is really excited about the cruise - DD (almost 16) is all over the teen thread, so he is happy there will be boys his age.

Good Morning All and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! I remembered my mother today with a card, but forgot to sign it before I mailed it :rotfl:

We're off to Schlitterbahn Galveston for the day. This will be our third Mother's Day spent at the waterpark. It's a nice day and low crowds; not too many moms think waterpark for their first choice on how to spend the day. Me, give me a book and a lounge chair and I'm happy :)

Tonight, we're joining friends for a crawfish boil! Yum!

Family shore excursions:

My parents are biking Water Island and then doing the Island Tour, Beach and Lunch, too.

John, the kids, our friend and I are snorkeling both places. Captain Nautica and I can't remember the 2nd. I'll have to look it up.

My brother and his family are not planning any shore excursions at this point. They are playing everything by ear. With as excited as my SIL and nephew are, they may never get off the ship. This will be my SIL and nephew's first Disney experience as well as 1st cruise. My brother worked for the long gone dolphin cruise line as a musician after college.

Drinking coffee and "dis"ing on the laptop on a Mother's Day morning! Nice way to start the day!

I just realized yesterday, that since Maggie, my youngest is in 6th grade and middle school, no more Mother's Day gifts made from school :sad1: My babies are growing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter