July 16, 2016 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean

Hello Everyone! My family will be attending the Fantasy this July (unfortunately not 2016), we have been on a Disney Cruise once before and saw the fish extender game. We are new to this and have no experience or knowledge on how to sign up/register for it. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful, Thanks!

Sorry about the misconception, I believe I have found my way. Thanks and hope you all enjoy your cruise!

Hi everyone!! I was just wondering if anyone else has been thinking that one year from today -- we'll be spending the day at sea!! The "under-365-day" countdown has begun!!!! :yay:

Definitely!!! Our group is celebrating our 9th anniversary for our girls' China adoption this weekend and we are all very excited about next year!

Hello, just got off the Fantasy Saturday and booked while on board to take advantage of discounts. This will be our 10th DCL sailing and 3rd on the Fantasy. It will be myself, DW, DS and DD and her fiance - what ya gonna do. I am here for any questions folks may have about the ship or any tips we have learned over the years. If you have not done so yet, you can download the DCL APP which has a countdown clock and can be used while on board as it is a mobile Navigator and you can text through the APP to your family members with no cellular / data plan charges.

361 Days, 11 hours and 52 minutes :banana:

Hello, just got off the Fantasy Saturday and booked while on board to take advantage of discounts. This will be our 10th DCL sailing and 3rd on the Fantasy. It will be myself, DW, DS and DD and her fiance - what ya gonna do. I am here for any questions folks may have about the ship or any tips we have learned over the years. If you have not done so yet, you can download the DCL APP which has a countdown clock and can be used while on board as it is a mobile Navigator and you can text through the APP to your family members with no cellular / data plan charges.

361 Days, 11 hours and 52 minutes :banana:

Welcome Aboard!!! :welcome:

I always like to ask people what their favorite "can't miss" thing is on the ship. What would you say is the best thing on the Fantasy for you? :scratchin

Have a great day!!

Welcome Aboard!!! :welcome:

I always like to ask people what their favorite "can't miss" thing is on the ship. What would you say is the best thing on the Fantasy for you? :scratchin

Have a great day!!

Thanks for the welcome. I am not sure I can tag just one thing as the best for us, but we love a Castaway Cay cabana and the ship - layout, design, look, feel, etc as each family member has their own favorite things. We love hanging in the 18+ area / pools now that both kids are 18+, DS loves watching movies as he is a Disney fanatic, DW loves all the family time while on board, DD loves just laying out in the sun with a book and unwinding from her crazy year round schedule and I love having a cigar and adult beverage on the Meridian outside deck. Sorry, I know that was more than one thing, but we have tons of other favorite things and I could go on and on so this is actually a short list for our family ;)

Just saw on my august 3 cruise board that Disney Cruise line is going to stop doing the character signing via guest services this August. I have used it in the past for signed pillow cases and picture mats. I know that it is very time consuming for car members but it was definitely a cool thing.

Just saw on my august 3 cruise board that Disney Cruise line is going to stop doing the character signing via guest services this August. I have used it in the past for signed pillow cases and picture mats. I know that it is very time consuming for car members but it was definitely a cool thing.
This news made me sad -- it was such a fun gift -- I have my son's photo hanging in my office with the mat with all of the character signatures. :guilty:

This news made me sad -- it was such a fun gift -- I have my son's photo hanging in my office with the mat with all of the character signatures. :guilty:
Agree, very sad to see this go away. More so for families with young ones and first time cruisers as we have several different items from over the years. Always looked forward to surprising grand kids some day with this.

After our trip to Disney this summer, I am even more excited for the cruise next year (I didn't think that was possible)! :)

I have a question about the FE. The one that I participated in last year was a gift for the cabin and something small for each of the kids. Would this be the same thing? Since I have only done one, I wasn't sure if they were always done that way. Thanks!

After our trip to Disney this summer, I am even more excited for the cruise next year (I didn't think that was possible)! :)

I have a question about the FE. The one that I participated in last year was a gift for the cabin and something small for each of the kids. Would this be the same thing? Since I have only done one, I wasn't sure if they were always done that way. Thanks!

Good Morning! I can only speak for the one FE I participated in -- everyone decided what they wanted to give each cabin. Some people did cabin gifts for the family, some people did a little something for everyone, others did just the children. Either way, it was fun to come back to your cabin and find a little something tucked in your FE by the door. I think whichever approach you choose is great. :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone! My name is Kathy and this will be our 2nd Cruise. First was the Dream. We are super excited and def want to do a FE. Our family jumped on it late last time, but this time we know what it is and are prepared. lol Has a spread sheet started? Can't wait to cruise with ya'll! :-)

Kathy,

Welcome aboard!!! We're glad to have you joining along with us!!!! :welcome:

One of our members on the thread has agreed to keep the spreadsheet for our FE. While we count down (339 days 18 hours 1 minute 42 seconds according to my Disney Cruise app!), tell us what you are most looking forward to?

Hope you all have a great day!!! pixiedust:

Ruth

Hello all! Checking in! Time is passing but ever so slowly!

Welcome to the new folks! Budamacdvdr I think you were going to be on my Magic spring break cruise this past March and moved yours... happy to see you here!!!

Should we get a FE list going? Im thinking we should.... I know JerseyBernie offered, but since I posted first page, I was thinking of just adding it to my first post so we could see this list there? Would that work? We will limit to 10 cabins per group. If you want to be in more than one group just let me know. PM me or post here and I will add you to the list and get things rolling. What I need is cabin number if you have it, and what your family consists of: so for us 7514/7516 Dh, DW, DD14, DS11, DS8 and DD5(ages at time of cruise). Also if you have any allergies if you could let me know that too! :) Also, if for some reason you decide to not take this cruise, please post of let me know so we can take you off the list! :)

Also, did anyone see the Tortola DCL excursions are now on the DCL website! Exciting!

Oh and one more thing... I decided to surprise the kids with one day at the Magic Kingdom before the cruise! I am so excited!

Ok last post today, I promise! I updated the second post on page one of this thread with the people who had posted their info on the thread for FE. There were a couple more than indicated interest, just let me know your details and I will add! Also if any ages are incorrect, let me know and I will fix them, or if you want to be added to more than one group.

JerseyBernie, hope you dont mind, just wanted to get something moving. Im happy to keep it up or if you really wanted to do it I can transfer it to you! :)

Madzac, Thanks for your organization -- between you and JerseyBernie we are going to have the most efficient FE in the Disney fleet! :thumbsup2

By the way, continuing with my counting down -- I noticed this morning we crossed another "threshold" -- it's now 329 days, 9 hours, 32 minutes and 57 seconds until we sail (but who's counting?) :hourglass

School is back in session here in Indiana (has been for 2 weeks) :teacher: I'm heading out now to take my son to his music lesson. Hope you all have a Magical weekend!!

We go back to school on Monday. I don't know where our summer went!!!

We just got back from a short 4 night trip to Niagara Falls. It was simply beautiful! We had a great time! Our first night we got to meet up with a wonderful family we met on our magic cruise in March. It was awesome to see them and they will be joining us all on the Fantasy next summer and joining in the thread soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter