Journey Into Imagination With Figment

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHH, let the OP have the thread. There is passion here! I like passion. That D23 exhibit stirred up a lot of emotion.
Exactly! Now I've been fed up with this half a**ed version currently opened and it's time for it to close! It's time us Figment fans get what we truly wanted back in the first place! The original ride as it was intended to be! That was actually about Imagination, creativity, and Dreamfinder & Figment. If you don't agree with me, fine, then don't post in the thread. However if you do, would love to hear your opinion.

reimagining-imagination.html

Exactly! Now I've been fed up with this half a**ed version currently opened and it's time for it to close! It's time us Figment fans get what we truly wanted back in the first place! The original ride as it was intended to be! That was actually about Imagination, creativity, and Dreamfinder & Figment. If you don't agree with me, fine, then don't post in the thread. However if you do, would love to hear your opinion.

I think it is great that you have also sent your ideas to Disney and received a response. Starting a thread on a Disney fan site makes perfect sense to me!

I think it is great that you have also sent your ideas to Disney and received a response. Starting a thread on a Disney fan site makes perfect sense to me!
I agree! And that's exactly why I started this thread. I wanted people to know why the current version is lacking, why the original was so much better and why they should write a letter to Disney Customer Relations if they want the original ride back. I bet you if enough people write and they want the original ride with Dreamfinder & Figment back, we may just get our wish

Only way I'll return is if the original attraction returns.

I hate to be a finger pointer, but if you are in fact 15 and born in 1998, the attraction could have only been in it's original form for a maximum of 9 months of your life. That's assuming you were born in January since it closed in October for the first refurb. If you weren't so adamant about this, I'd say you were trolling. :lmao:

I hate to be a finger pointer, but if you are in fact 15 and born in 1998, the attraction could have only been in it's original form for a maximum of 9 months of your life. That's assuming you were born in January since it closed in October for the first refurb. If you weren't so adamant about this, I'd say you were trolling. :lmao:
Yes I was born in 1998. I first discovered the original Journey Into Imagination from a YouTube video and I absolutely loved it! First time I discovered who Dreamfinder and Figment were and I've been a fan ever since. So when I went to EPCOT I was expecting to see the one I saw on YouTube! I was angry to find out the ride was completely changed when I rode it! Which is why I wrote that letter to Disney and why I came here ! I would like to see the original ride in person! So no, I'm not a troll! Stop making ridiculous assumptions like that. Anyone at any age can be a fan of something. No matter what age they are. I just so happen to prefer the original ride over that disgrace to Figment's legacy that's there today and I'd like to see the original version with Dreamfinder & Figment in person. Is that a problem to you?

Honey, it takes everyone's opinion to make the world go around. If we all agreed all the time the world would be both stagnate and dreadfully dull.
Don't want to deal with those who disagree with you, don't start open conversations in public forums.

Edited because I was a teensy bit unfair - so I took out the part that needed to be amended.

Honey, it takes everyone's opinion to make the world go around. If we all agreed all the time the world would be both stagnate and dreadfully dull. Don't want to deal with those who disagree with you, don't start open conversations in public forums. Edited because I was a teensy bit unfair - so I took out the part that needed to be amended.

Ya, I get what u mean.

Yes I was born in 1998. I first discovered the original Journey Into Imagination from a YouTube video and I absolutely loved it! First time I discovered who Dreamfinder and Figment were and I've been a fan ever since. So when I went to EPCOT I was expecting to see the one I saw on YouTube! I was angry to find out the ride was completely changed when I rode it! Which is why I wrote that letter to Disney and why I came here ! I would like to see the original ride in person! So no, I'm not a troll! Stop making ridiculous assumptions like that. Anyone at any age can be a fan of something. No matter what age they are. I just so happen to prefer the original ride over that disgrace to Figment's legacy that's there today and I'd like to see the original version with Dreamfinder & Figment in person. Is that a problem to you?

Yes, anyone of any age can be a fan of something. But to be a fan of something that you have never experienced??? Something that you have only seen in a video, after the original attraction closed? Perhaps your age has something to do with it. The real world doesn't work the way you seem to think it does. Just because you (and perhaps a few others) write a letter to Disney, doesn't mean they will pour millions of dollars into ANOTHER reimagining of this attraction. When was the last time that they did such a thing? (Other than when they scrapped the indescribably horrible "Under New Management" version of the Tikki House in MK).

I was a huge fan of the original Wonders of Life pavilion. Of course, I actually saw and experienced the attractions there. And I was sorry to see its passing. But I have refrained from ranting endlessly on message boards about it and threatening never to set foot in Epcot unless they reopen it. That would be cutting off one's nose to spite one's face now, wouldn't it?

Regretting the passing of an attraction is a normal thing. Especially if it is an attraction that you have actually seen. You seem to be taking this whole thing to an extreme.

Yes, anyone of any age can be a fan of something. But to be a fan of something that you have never experienced??? Something that you have only seen in a video, after the original attraction closed? Perhaps your age has something to do with it. The real world doesn't work the way you seem to think it does. Just because you (and perhaps a few others) write a letter to Disney, doesn't mean they will pour millions of dollars into ANOTHER reimagining of this attraction. When was the last time that they did such a thing? (Other than when they scrapped the indescribably horrible "Under New Management" version of the Tikki House in MK). I was a huge fan of the original Wonders of Life pavilion. Of course, I actually saw and experienced the attractions there. And I was sorry to see its passing. But I have refrained from ranting endlessly on message boards about it and threatening never to set foot in Epcot unless they reopen it. That would be cutting off one's nose to spite one's face now, wouldn't it? Regretting the passing of an attraction is a normal thing. Especially if it is an attraction that you have actually seen. You seem to be taking this whole thing to an extreme.
By watching the videos, I can see how great of an attraction it was! The colors, the animatronics, the characters, the scenery, the music! The current version is the complete opposite! Barely any scenery, only two animatronic and cheap screens showing cg animation, with an annoying host yelling at Figment every 5 seconds??? I just don't understand how that's a good replacement! At least The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is better quality then the "new and improved" imagination attraction. It annoys the heck outta me that they changed such a good quality attraction that people loved and enjoyed and replaced it with such garbage! That's why I'm upset they changed it. I have a friend of mine who has never been to the Wonders of Life or EPCOT before and he's a huge fan of Cranium Command and is angry they closed that as well. I think change Is ok, but when they change something into something completely different from what it's meant to be, change into something so low quality and unimaginative, and make it one of the most unpopular attractions at Epcot! Then that's a big problem! I'm also annoyed with the current Disney Channel programming nowadays but that's a whole other story.

Contrary to what the parents of snowflakes round the world tell their offspring, wishing won't make it so. And contrary to WDW lore "when you wish upon a star" your dreams won't always come true. You need to wrap your brain around the fact that Disney is not going to make any changes just because you want them to.

You don't like the ride. So don't ride it. Time to turn all those teenage passions to a more positive object. Or just go gnaw on a leftover turkey leg.

Maybe wishing doesn't make it so...
But neither does sitting on your butt and giving up.

If something matters to you, it's worth fighting for... even if you never win, it's better then going through life not fighting for the things you want. Because the alternative is to end up a soulless drone going through the motions of a life you settled for.

Is Disney going to make changes just because she wants them to? No, of course not. But she isn't the only one who wants those changes... if she could find a way to harness the energy of others like herself and direct it in such a way that it got Disney's attention, then who knows, she might have a shot.

Of course that will require more effort and thought then ranting on a message board and spamming Disney's E Mail.

But I would never tell anyone to stop fighting for their dreams, no matter how inconsequential we may find them. Who are we to decide what should matter to anyone else?

Keep fighting the good fight kid, and who knows maybe you'll win.
Or maybe you won't, either way keeping your dreams alive and fight for what matters to you.

The only caution I might add is to remember that true passion undirected has all the power of a neutron bomb and all the efficiency of a dandelion puff. It's all right there - but without a well thought out plan of attack you aren't going anywhere.

Contrary to what the parents of snowflakes round the world tell their offspring, wishing won't make it so. And contrary to WDW lore "when you wish upon a star" your dreams won't always come true. You need to wrap your brain around the fact that Disney is not going to make any changes just because you want them to.

You don't like the ride. So don't ride it. Time to turn all those teenage passions to a more positive object. Or just go gnaw on a leftover turkey leg.

Maybe wishing doesn't make it so...
But neither does sitting on your butt and giving up.

If something matters to you, it's worth fighting for... even if you never win, it's better then going through life not fighting for the things you want. Because the alternative is to end up a soulless drone going through the motions of a life you settled for.

Is Disney going to make changes just because she wants them to? No, of course not. But she isn't the only one who wants those changes... if she could find a way to harness the energy of others like herself and direct it in such a way that it got Disney's attention, then who knows, she might have a shot.

Of course that will require more effort and thought then ranting on a message board and spamming Disney's E Mail.

But I would never tell anyone to stop fighting for their dreams, no matter how inconsequential we may find them. Who are we to decide what should matter to anyone else?

Keep fighting the good fight kid, and who knows maybe you'll win.
Or maybe you won't, either way keeping your dreams alive and fight for what matters to you.

The only caution I might add is to remember that true passion undirected has all the power of a neutron bomb and all the efficiency of a dandelion puff. It's all right there - but without a well thought out plan of attack you aren't going anywhere.

You make some excellent points in your post.

Screw Figment. I'm still mad I never got on 20,000 leagues. Imagine seeing a down for refurbishment sign on a ride every time you visit until poof it's gone. :sad2:

Good luck on your conquest and everything but I also have to argue one thing... Hasn't Spaceship earth always been there? Isn't that original? Maybe I'm wrong. :goodvibes:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Screw Figment. I'm still mad I never got on 20,000 leagues. Imagine seeing a down for refurbishment sign on a ride every time you visit until poof it's gone. :sad2:

Good luck on your conquest and everything but I also have to argue one thing... Hasn't Spaceship earth always been there? Isn't that original? Maybe I'm wrong. :goodvibes:

Sorry no. It has been refurbed at least twice with lots of changes.

Sorry no. It has been refurbed at least twice with lots of changes.

It has been refurbed but it is still basically the same ride. They have updated the AA's and changed the ending (which in my opinion was never that great in any of its reincarnations). But the beginning half or more is pretty much the same as it was on opening day. Different narrators and script, but not that much has changed, it still tells the same story.

Why the outrage? Because the problem obviously wasn't fixed. Ya Figment was added in but the current version is horrible. I only knew of the original from a YouTube video. When I went to EPCOT I expected to see the one I saw! I didn't! I absolutely hated it and thought to myself... Why the hell did they change it? Which is why I'm gonna try and get the original version back! Epcot needs at least 1 original attraction.

Try all you want, it is never going back to the original. Best case scenario they do another, different update sometime in the future.

Yeah they ruined it with the first reno. Then they tried to redeem it. But it's still not as good as the original.

It has been refurbed but it is still basically the same ride. They have updated the AA's and changed the ending (which in my opinion was never that great in any of its reincarnations). But the beginning half or more is pretty much the same as it was on opening day. Different narrators and script, but not that much has changed, it still tells the same story.

:thumbsup2

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. But you're going to have to squeak a lot louder and with some help. Personally I agree the original was the best. Good luck with your crusade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter