Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon and Kate have updated the family website with this information:

That's the first thing you see on the site, after the story of love at first sight .. other than that, the website has not changed at all, considering the recent circumstances.

I'm not sure about putting business information, in red letters, on the front page of their family website ... linking to it from the home page, maybe? I don't know, it just seems to me that there might have been a different way to go about getting the information out there.

I think it looks VERY tacky personally (I had to pop over once I saw your post) - especially considering it still has 8 Little Faces as "coming soon". J&K if you're reading - please fix it and put it on another page and update the info!

I'm wondering, why couldn't see get in the gate? Do they change the code or do you have to have someone in the house let you in?

ps. we got a free upgrade to savanna view.:cool1:

I agree about why she couldn't get in the gate. I'm guessing they both have a seperate code or one "family" code that is shared. I know with bigger developments here each house has their own code so it's trackable who's entering when - maybe J&K do this as well and have different codes for different people (production staff, cleaners, nannies/babysitters/whatever).

Yay on the upgrade!!! I keep seeing more and more promos to get people to book for the end of the year - was it dead???

Awesome:thumbsup2 We were booked at Pop & received an upgrade to Saratoga Springs for our trip next week.

YAY!! have a great trip!!

Alright....off to pick up DS5 from his first day of school today! I was a mess this morning but can't wait to go get him! :goodvibes I'm surprised more details haven't surfaced today (of course I've only been looking here - busy Monday).

Jon Gosselin's 22-year-old girlfriend tells E! News that she's been "in hiding" since she started dating the "Jon & Kate Plus 8" star (and that would be in May, a month before the Gosselins announced they were splitting).

"I'm not some fame*****," says Hailey Glassman, who calls the media scrutiny "horrible." Since she and Gosselin debuted their relationship during a trip to St. Tropez in July, photographs of her drunken escapades and peccadillos have been splashed across the Internet. (We say, let him who has not gotten totally wasted and ended up face-down in a potted plant cast the first stone.)

"Do I choose my life or do I choose Jon?" Glassman tells E! News in her first interview. (It airs tonight at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.) "I stay in my house with my parents where I feel safe. Take my 15 minutes, you can have it back. Please take it back!"

Glassman, the daughter of Kate Gosselin's tummy-tuck surgeon, says she met Jon when he stayed at her family's house while the couple were on the outs in May.

"He was living in my house, the person I joked around with. He was sad and bored, I was home and bored," she says. (Isn't that how Cleopatra and Marc Anthony met?)

"Jon and Kate have moved on with their lives -- it's only the viewers who haven't moved on." Snap!

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/index.ssf/2009/08/jon_gosselins_girlfriend_haile.html

Hailey needs to be careful commenting about viewers! They're paying for your boyfriend's life right now (as far as we know!) - don't bite the hand that feeds you!

The Web site reported Saturday that, according to unidentified sources, TLC officials are troubled by Gosselin's decision to wear Ed Hardy brand clothing on the popular series as well as Gosselin's decision to split from his wife Kate.

"The relationship between Jon and the network has become very strained," a source said of the recent fallout between the two sides following the couple's split and Gosselin's rumored relationship with a younger woman.

The network has begun blurring out all logos on shirts Gosselin wears on "Plus 8," which focuses on the couple's life raising eight children, and the censorship process has now become a show policy.

"TLC feels like they are being used by Jon," a source close to the situation told RadarOnline. "They want to send him a message loud and clear."

The Web site said network executives also gave the green light to Kate Gosselin for a recent "Today" interview, while nixing plans for an interview on E! with Jon Gosselin.

http://www.themoneytimes.com/20090817/sources-tlc-troubled-gosselin-actions-id-1080357.html

Jon Gosselin's 22-year-old girlfriend tells E! News that she's been "in hiding" since she started dating the "Jon & Kate Plus 8" star (and that would be in May, a month before the Gosselins announced they were splitting).

"I'm not some fame*****," says Hailey Glassman, who calls the media scrutiny "horrible." Since she and Gosselin debuted their relationship during a trip to St. Tropez in July, photographs of her drunken escapades and peccadillos have been splashed across the Internet. (We say, let him who has not gotten totally wasted and ended up face-down in a potted plant cast the first stone.)

"Do I choose my life or do I choose Jon?" Glassman tells E! News in her first interview. (It airs tonight at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.) "I stay in my house with my parents where I feel safe. Take my 15 minutes, you can have it back. Please take it back!"

Glassman, the daughter of Kate Gosselin's tummy-tuck surgeon, says she met Jon when he stayed at her family's house while the couple were on the outs in May.

"He was living in my house, the person I joked around with. He was sad and bored, I was home and bored," she says. (Isn't that how Cleopatra and Marc Anthony met?)

"Jon and Kate have moved on with their lives -- it's only the viewers who haven't moved on." Snap!

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/index.ssf/2009/08/jon_gosselins_girlfriend_haile.html

Hailey needs to be careful commenting about viewers! They're paying for your boyfriend's life right now (as far as we know!) - don't bite the hand that feeds you!

:rotfl: Thanks I love the SNAP

The Web site reported Saturday that, according to unidentified sources, TLC officials are troubled by Gosselin's decision to wear Ed Hardy brand clothing on the popular series as well as Gosselin's decision to split from his wife Kate.

"The relationship between Jon and the network has become very strained," a source said of the recent fallout between the two sides following the couple's split and Gosselin's rumored relationship with a younger woman.

The network has begun blurring out all logos on shirts Gosselin wears on "Plus 8," which focuses on the couple's life raising eight children, and the censorship process has now become a show policy.

"TLC feels like they are being used by Jon," a source close to the situation told RadarOnline. "They want to send him a message loud and clear."

The Web site said network executives also gave the green light to Kate Gosselin for a recent "Today" interview, while nixing plans for an interview on E! with Jon Gosselin.

http://www.themoneytimes.com/20090817/sources-tlc-troubled-gosselin-actions-id-1080357.html

I think this kind of thing is the source of Jon recent bad behavior. He's rebelling. He was controlled by his wife, he's now being controlled by his network, and he's had it. So, he's acting like an idiot. I kind of understand it. It's certainly childish but I can see why he's frustrated. If it weren't for the fact that he has 8 kids to set an example for, I wouldn't blame him. Those poor kids sure got the short end of the stick in the parental department. They're both morons.

Well finish your story we are very nosey people.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Since the police wouldn't come and she wouldn't open the door, he parked his butt on her porch and said he wasn't leaving until he was sure his kids were safe. Told her that if she didn't like it to call the cops. :rotfl2: Since she certainly didn't want them there, she let them come out of the trailer and we spoke with them. We had brought food/drinks for the ride home and left it with them. We picked them up at the regularly scheduled time later in the week.
There was only one additional trip later that year for a weekend. We had taken her to court to amend the docs and had everything filed "properly". Then she cut off all contact for 3 blissful years. Okay, that was blissful for DH and I and in a way for the girls (stability). In the long run she really messed them up no matter how much we tried to shield them from her crap. Unstable parents suck. :sad2:

Okay, now back to J&K :laughing:

I think this kind of thing is the source of Jon recent bad behavior. He's rebelling. He was controlled by his wife, he's now being controlled by his network, and he's had it. So, he's acting like an idiot. I kind of understand it. It's certainly childish but I can see why he's frustrated. If it weren't for the fact that he has 8 kids to set an example for, I wouldn't blame him. Those poor kids sure got the short end of the stick in the parental department. They're both morons.

I think every married man who has had an affair & wants to hang out in bars would agree with you. The whole marriage & kid thing is so controlling & a real buzz kill.

Kate filed for the divorce first. I missed that the first time.

I agree with you. They were doomed. Kate's controlling and rude nature, Jon's lack of backbone and passiveness, their young ages, lack of a support system, and the TV show/celebrity. Seemed far from a typical marriage/partnership where there is give and take and compromise. Yes, very sad for the kids on so many levels.

I'm still reading...I'm telling you this teaching business is messing up my J & K thread reading/posting.

I agree with pp. Days Inn visit was a ploy to throw photogs off trail of regular place she stays.

Tonights episode looks cute. It will be interesting to see how much TLC features Jon.

Pictures from the trip in tonight's show:

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/jon-and-kate/slideshows/battleship.html?smid=FBJK8-FWP-SLD

So I have to admit that I just lost another hour of my life to the Gosselins! I tried to watch the Hailey interview. What a sorry excuse for an interview! They didn't ask her anything we didn't already know! I wonder how many times she actually said where she was and they had to retape her saying "I was in hiding".....She does seem to speak better than both J&K - no umms (that I noticed anyways). Granted, she sounded like a young kid talking about Jon being her "first love", but over all, I didn't find anything y'all haven't already told me!

Hailey Glassman is just "a normal 22-year-old girl." So how did she turn into "the goldfish that was put in the piranha tank"?

The admitted college-era weed smoker (it happens) exclusively tells E! News that, about five years ago, the only thing she had to say about the Jon & Kate Plus 8 star was, "Wow, you've got a lot of kids."

But now, she is really, truly in love with her family friend turned boyfriend, and she thinks there is plenty of blame to go around for her 15-plus minutes of infamy.

"Before all this, I was happy-go-lucky," Glassman said in a recent sit-down with E!

"I was never a follower. I was never a gossiper. I did my own thing. To be honest, this whole thing, I have lost my happiness through this all. I don't want to say the public and media stripped me of my self-esteem. But they really have. I've been the sacrificial lamb in this situation."

And don't even get her started on TLC's role in this fiasco.

"More like the lying channel," Glassman said when reminded that TLC stood for The Learning Channel. TLC didn't allow [Jon and Kate Gosselin] to come out and say their marriage was done a year ago," she said. But "no network owns what I can and cannot say."

And the gist of what she has to say is that she and Mr. Gosselin didn't hook up until after his marriage had come undone, and they went from friends to best friends to more.

"It's very carefree and fun," she said of their relationship. "We just laugh—like, our best times are when it's just me and him.

"We both enjoy just simple things in life," she said, citing their mutual love of snowboarding, watching movies, playing pool and other "normal" activities.

Having already dismissed Gosselin's rumored girlfriend No. 2, Kate Major, as being "cuckoo, cuckoo," Glassman also insists that nanny Stephanie Santoro is nothing but a nanny.

"Jon has a good heart, she has a child and he felt bad. He knows how it feels to have a child and not be able to afford, you know, so he hired her to give her a job."

As for her future with the father of eight, Glassman says her current objective is happiness for all.

"I don't like to talk in the future," she said. "I like to live in the present. As of right now, I want to be happy. I want Jon to be happy. I want every side to be happy.

"People need to realize there's two sides to every story...TLC, they're telling something but the truth is always in that fuzzy area. You can't touch it, but only the people contracted can see it, but no one can say it.

"It's a dirty, dirty world. Bamboozling, this world. I didn't know any of this would happen."

Glassman added, referrering once again to the media poo-storm. "If I wanted fame, don't you think I would be out all the time? I stay in my house. I've been staying home with my parents because I feel safe there."

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b139783_hailey_glassman_trying_be_happy_with.html

How Stuff Works - Inside J&K+8

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/jon-and-kate-plus-8.htm

This story says (got link from TLC's site) that J&K Kate met when Kate was visiting the hotel he worked at because her friend worked there. I thought they met at a picnic??? It also says they film four days a week???

One new baby at a time is a handful for most parents, so the thought of bringing home six infants -- when you already have twin toddlers -- is downright terrifying, from the cost of formula and diapers to the logistics of multiple 2 a.m. feedings. But even if you don't envy Jon and Kate Gosselin, the often-overwhelmed parents of this young octet, their unusual circumstances are undeniably fascinating, and great fodder for TV. "Jon & Kate Plus 8," the docu-series that has followed the Gosselins for four seasons, is TLC's most popular program.

So how did this Pennsylvania couple end up with two sets of multiples, and how do they manage eight rambunctious kids, now aged eight (twins Madelyn and Cara) and four (sextuplets Alexis, Aaden, Collin, Leah, Hannah and Joel, in order of their birth)? And how do they keep their marriage from collapsing under the strain? As you'd expect, it's not easy, but as the title of their family biography (written with Beth Carson) would suggest, the Gosselins view their lot as "Multiple Bles8ings."

"It's what God wants for us," believes Kate. "It's stressful, but I do love it." Nevertheless, as we'll explain in the next section, that doesn't mean she wasn't completely shocked when she discovered she was pregnant with six babies, the result of fertility treatments.*

In the Beginning
Jon Gosselin was working at a hotel in October 1997 when Kate, a nurse, visited a friend who also worked there. The chemistry was instant between them when they were introduced, and Jon split with his then-girlfriend. The couple married June 12, 1999, in the garden of a friend's home and honeymooned at Disney World. At the time, Jon was 22 and Kate was 24, and she wanted to have a child right away. However, she discovered she had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which would make conception difficult, if not impossible. "Basically, I didn't ovulate and would need help getting pregnant. So we decided to check out a fertility doctor."

Kate had intrauterine insemination, which involved implantation of Jon's sperm via a catheter. She compares the procedure with in vitro fertilization, stating "there are no eggs removed or put back, as with IVF." She became pregnant on the second attempt, and gave birth to Cara and Madelyn on October 8, 2000. When the girls turned one, she started thinking about having another child. As with the twins, the second fertility treatment worked, but this time the news was a shock.

"I will never forget this day as long as I live," Kate vividly recalls. "There were seven sacs with four yolk sacs, or babies, in four of them. At the count of four, I was scared. At five I started crying and at six, I was shaking, absolutely sobbing. We were told that there was a possibility of four, but we were truly unaware that there were seven on the day that our procedure was done, or we would not have gone through with it," she emphasizes, noting that one of the embryos didn't develop. Eliminating any of the eggs was not an option. "We were absolutely opposed to reduction."

Kate went on bed rest at seven weeks and was hospitalized at 20 weeks. The sextuplets were born just shy of 30 weeks on May 22, 2004, weighing around five pounds each (2.27 kilograms). Kate weighed 205 pounds at the time, and later had a tummy-tuck to tighten the stretched skin and muscles in her midsection. Both she and Jon had lost their jobs, compounding the financial strain, and they relied on an army of dozens of volunteers that helped with feedings and diaper changes. "There were days I just wanted to cover my head with a pillow. But I knew my babies were counting on me, and I had to keep it together," Kate remembers.

Rescue came from an unexpected source: reality TV. A news report about the Gosselins had reached a Discovery Health channel producer, which led to the special "Surviving Sextuplets and Twins" in May 2006 and its sequel the following year. Their popularity made a series a no-brainer for Discovery, and financially enticing for the family. Also, "we didn't have time to film and we like having pictures and video," adds Jon, who'd landed an IT sector job. But having cameras in their home and following them around four days a week definitely took getting used to.

Life in a Fishbowl
Kat*e, who prided herself on neatness and organization at home, saw those give way to pandemonium and chaos as the cameras rolled. TV also highlighted the couple's divergent temperaments and parenting styles -- Kate is Type A and bossy, Jon is laid back -- and that often leads to arguments. Kate thinks they're just being honest. "Our marriage is going to go through many more years of fine-tuning. Right now it's taking a beating, because we have a house full of children."

This warts-and-all view of marriage is a breath of fresh air to many but has earned the Gosselins their share of negative feedback, which they ignore. "First of all, we don't have time to worry about what people are saying, and second of all, we know that our show is benefiting so many people that we need to continue. Any flak we receive is just typical stuff that anyone on TV on a regular basis receives," reasons Kate. "Furthermore, although this is the absolute hardest job --aside from raising eight kids, that is -- that Jon and I have ever had, it is also the most amazing blessing that we can be home with our children while working."

While it's sometimes hard for them to watch scenes where they conflict or don't handle situations well, they realize that's part of doing a reality show. "You get the good, the bad and the ugly, and we are determined to be the exact same people that we are when the cameras aren't there. Many people have been helped by our honesty. So are we sorry that certain things are aired? Never," Kate insists, assuring audiences that she and Jon are "closer than we've ever been." "We're still working on ourselves and our marriage. Isn't everybody?"

Managing a household and eight kids is, of course, a challenge. "I feel overwhelmed at times with the amount of organizing there is to do!" Kate exclaims. "All I can say is that I am constantly running over in my head ways to make things go smoother -- trips, closets, laundry procedures, et cetera -- to ensure that each process is as seamless as possible."

The Gosselins have meals catered on shooting days but otherwise, Kate cooks from scratch, organically. There's no time for special orders. "If you don't want the dinner I've made, the next meal is breakfast," she declares. The family has part-time help, but receives no assistance from Kate's parents or Jon's mother, who variously live far away, or disapprove of and don't want to take part in the TV show.

Traveling with eight children is always a major enterprise, but it hasn't stopped the Gosselins. "We are determined to travel and always have been, even in the days of two kids," says Kate, who relies on DVD movies to keep the kids occupied. "Since the kids don't watch a lot of TV normally, it's exciting for them to see a movie on the road. I always take plenty of snacks and car toys -- little toys that are amusing but don't annoy us with loud sounds. And we do it a lot so they are very accustomed to long drives…I really don't sweat it anymore."

The Gosselins use shorter drives for one-on-one time with individual offspring. "There is an errand rotation," says Jon, who'll take one kid at a time to the supermarket or the bank. They have to plan time with each other, too. "When the kids are in bed, we like to hang out, have conversations and watch movies together," says Kate.

Eight is Enough
At eight children, Kate says the Gosselin family is complete."My roughest day now doesn't compare to what we went through in those early months," Kate reflects, but if having eight infants was incredibly daunting, an octet of rambunctious, verbal children poses a new set of challenges for the Gosselins. "It doesn't get easier as they get older," she confirms. "It's just different. Now they can talk back to us. We have a whole bunch of talking, running-around kids with opinions so it's getting scary."

That apprehension increases when she contemplates their teen years: the image of a houseful of 13-year-olds is "too painful to think about." Nevertheless, she's even more concerned about the kids leaving home some day. "I'm already worried about that empty-nest syndrome," she says.

That doesn't mean she expects to be expecting again. "I can honestly say, unless God has other plans, I will never have more kids!" she declares, though she looks forward to being a grandmother. "I have very vivid dreams of our family in the future -- a house full of love, laughter, and lots of grandkids to spoil!"

Another Season?
Whether or not "Jon & Kate Plus 8" will continue beyond its fourth installment will depend on a group vote. "It's always been a season by season decision," says Jon. "We have a family meeting and we all vote on whether we want the cameras to stay. Their childhood comes first."

The boys are so cute!!!!!

Maddy did not seem to enjoy their day out with dad. Probably felt like it was daddy and Cara day.

Can anyone answer these two questions for me??

1) What ever happened to the old producer, Jen?
2) How did Kate know about the USS Alabama? Is she from Alabama?

The boys are so cute!!!!!

Maddy did not seem to enjoy their day out with dad. Probably felt like it was daddy and Cara day.

They were ADORABLE! So cute. Boy, they looked like they had a great time on the ship with Kate.

I agree, Mady looked very bored while Cara scaled the ceiling with Jon. Wonder if she was missing Kate?

Can anyone answer these two questions for me??

1) What ever happened to the old producer, Jen?
2) How did Kate know about the USS Alabama? Is she from Alabama?

1. Jen and Scott moved to the Duggar's show.
2. Maybe Kate was in the armed forces? :lmao:

Loved tonight's show. The boy's were so cute and Kate really seemed to enjoy her day with them, I am glad she got to bond with just them. Mady didn't seem to enjoy her day as much as Cara but who knows, we only got to see part of the day.

Joel won't shoot her when he grows up to be a bad guy. :lmao:....:rotfl2:

Too cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter