Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway you can copy and paste the article into a post here, please? These darn work filters stop me from going into blog sites!! How dare they??? :headache::mad: :rolleyes1 :lmao::lmao:

Here it is:

Monday, June 22, 2009
The Big Announcement
I've seen several different discussions online about "The Big Announcement", and I absolutely agree with those who believe this is being used to deflect from a more serious issue that is going on. They are trying to deflect the attention away from the "glimpse" everyone got of what Kate is really like with her children. This was not just an isolated incident. I'm not going to discuss the spanking issue, because I don't think "spanking" is really the issue at all. I think the point should be...was she reacting out of anger? Did the punishment fit the crime?

Many viewers have been very observant and have seen the indications/signs of what is really going on. So many people have been criticized for voicing their opinions about what they have actually seen on the show...putting the pieces of the puzzle together and figuring out what the dynamics of this family is really all about. They are called "lairs", "haters" and "jealous" for speaking out and seeing through the facade of the "reality" show.

Kate has prided herself in saying that their show is the "realest" reality show. You get the good, the bad and the ugly. Well, if the truth be told, they can't show the ugly on TV. Kevin and Jodi mentioned in their interview that the production company had a hard time getting 15 mins of airable footage out of 8 hours of filming.

Kate even made a comment on Rachel Ray that gives a little hint into their "real" life. She said something like, "I was on one of my rampages"...she said it very flipantly, like that's just the way it is. But again, remember that her "rampages" can't be shown on TV, so the glimpse you get on the show is actually "the bad" but not "the ugly". Her response to the spanking article was, "I discipline them as I deem appropriate for the situation". I would venture to guess that most people would differ in her opinion of what is appropriate.

Just one example...I previously wrote a post about "gumgate" on my blog. I alluded to the fact that things were much worse than were shown on TV. At some point between filming and the airing of the episode, someone from the crew came to Jodi and said something like, "that gum incident was really something". She had no idea what this person was talking about because other than the telephone conversation with Kate, she didn't know how bad her reaction had been. The person from the crew told Jodi that the scene got so bad at their house that they turned the cameras off and left. Kevin and Jodi mentioned in their interview that the crew told them that they had moral issues with what they were filming.

Things were so bad between Jon and Kate (this was back in Season 1 and 2), that they had to reshoot couch interviews and add in scenes weeks after the filming was done to try to show a more loving couple. They were told to change back into what they were wearing during that episode and "hug in the kitchen". They were told to sit closer on the couch, have Jon put his arm around Kate...say they were "in this together".

A more recent example, I saw a clip this morning of their vows in Hawaii. It makes me sick that they would stand there and lie before God, their children, and the viewers. It was a complete mockery of the sanctity of marriage! All for money, ratings, a trip to Hawaii! Things were so bad at that point last year that they separated shortly after they returned.

They were never the devoted couple that production was trying to portray. It may look like they are so different now or they've changed so much. That's not really true. The viewers weren't shown a true depiction of what things were really like. The turning point was when their two worlds collided. Real life Jon and Kate was exposed and they were forced to deal with it on the show. If those photos hadn't come out, the viewers would have no idea how bad things really are. They still have many episodes that were filmed back before the truth was exposed, and they were planning on continuing the charade as long as possible.

I saw the teaser clip for the show tonight. It's very evident that they are trying to portray Kate as the victim. Jon has changed and she doesn't understand. I'll explain it to you, Kate, Jon decided that he will no longer take your abuse! Kate doesn't know how to have a relationship with anyone without trying to completely control them.

Kate says she will always do what's best for her kids. What a joke!! I have a suggestion. Step back from the spotlight and work on your marriage in private. Give your children their privacy back. Many child psychologists have come forward and stated that the reality show is damaging the children. I guess Kate knows what's best, they are her kids. Give me a break!!!

Jon mentions the tabloids are making things worse. Actually, it made things worse because they were trying to keep the separation quiet so they could continue the charade. They gave up on their marriage months before the tabloids started reporting on them. Now they've been forced to speed up their "reality" show to real time, and they weren't prepared for that. It's horrible to see them using their marital issues as a ploy for ratings. As much as Jon says he doesn't want to be in the public eye and doesn't want to be a part of the show, there he was yesterday, giving an interview and telling people to watch the show to find out the state of their marriage. You can't have it both ways, Jon!! It's evident that either of them will do anything for more money!!

I will not be watching tonight and I hope others decide to make the stand too. Showing the destruction of a real family on TV should not be used for entertainment!

To answer another question that I have been hearing for a long time, "Why isn't anyone doing anything?"---to help the kids or stop the show. Here's the answer...many people are trying. The problem...MONEY!! It's more powerful than I ever imagined! People don't want to lose their jobs, the state of PA doesn't want to lose the tax revenue, the list goes on and on...

We should do some kind of betting.
I just got home from strawberry picking. Summer has finally arrived in Wisconsin. And, I wanted to tell you, I'm driving by your town again, Thursday morning. My son has a race in TN. I heard it is very hot and humid

I almost asked this morning if Las Vegas has a morning line on the Jon & Kate thing. :lmao:

have a safe trip to Tennessee .. it is quite hot and humid these days. Kind of stormy, too.

I posted Jody's sister blog, but someone beat me.

I've been complaining that Wisconsin hasn't seen summer and the first 90 degree day and I have my air conditioning on.:rotfl:

Hey-if she has the time for tanning, manicures, pedicures etc. with 8 kids-then she has the time for a quickie with her body guard :rotfl:

All their money and fame has really changed them. Watching them over the past few years when the money came rolling in really makes me believe that its true that money is the root of all evil.

Just a little aside because I keep keeping this same quote on this same thread again and again--The true quote is more like," The love of money is the root of all evil." Money itself is not the problem--love of it is--greed.

since there is a show on June 29, reviewing Jon & Kate's first 10 years ... showing how they got where they are today ... my guess for tonight's show is the same as it's been all along: it's a whole lotta nothing. this is all a ratings ploy. Jon & Kate are separating, and TLC will edit/spin this in Kate's favor. The series will continue.

Here's what I think will ultimately play out:
- Jon is moving out, may or may not be in future shows. if he is in any shows, it will be footage already shot.

- Kate will try to further herself as a viable brand in the marketplace.

- Jon & Kate will try therapy ... on the show? who knows.

- by the end of the summer, things will be better. Jon and Kate will reunite and the series finale will be a trip to Korea.

- after Kate's book is released this fall, she will do a book tour.

- when that book tour is finished, they will divorce.

I basically read this yesterday except for the book tour and then divorce part.

I think that folks have jumped the gun on "divorce" being the announcement, and I said that all along. I may be proved wrong tonite but, oh well... I just don't think they'll announce a divorce. A separation, yes, and therapy.

Depending on what they say tonight and the tone of it all will determine whether I watch anymore or not. I think the big announcement is to reel more viewers in. I mean, of course, that is what TLC wants for this show. The big announcement better be "big enough" in my eyes is what I mean. I think we'll all have to judge that for overselves. A divorce is big, a separation is big, but the announcement of "no more bibs" is not. ;):laughing:

Sometimes big announcements aren't as big as the hype and there is a let down and almost uprising because of it. TLC and JK8 must be very careful of that. It has happened on the DIS a few times itself!!! I remember weeks of "guess the big announcement" and then it came and it was thought of as a stupid announcement and "that's all it was??!!"

Things like this can snowball quickly. Right away everyone thought JK8 to be announcing divorce. That was a biggie unless something bigger was happening because maybe Jon got his ears pierced as a first step in a sex change and Kate's announcement could be that they will soon cut the front of her hair to match the back so that it will look more manly and she can ''act like the man" with no backlash now and be in control while taking the role of the father. But if the announcement is no bibs and the highchairs are being given to charity, I think people will be highly upset. ;)

Thank you 3prettyprincesses and OhMari! :goodvibes

This should prove to be an interesting night. I kind of like madge's line of thinking. I don't think they are going to announce the divorce tonight. If TLC wants to continue any sort of revenue stream off this show they will just announce they are ending it to "work" on the marital issues. This is still just so sad to have this family self-destruct like this on national television.:sad2:

I'll just DVR Cake Boss and watch him instead. :thumbsup2

I posted Jody's sister blog, but someone beat me.

I've been complaining that Wisconsin hasn't seen summer and the first 90 degree day and I have my air conditioning on.:rotfl:

oh, OhMari, it is so hot in TN. This is like August "dog days of summer" in june. You go outside and just sweat! Y'all have a safe trip down and remember to drink, drink, drink and try to stay cool!!! good luck with the race!

I hope not on the show.

I agree totally. That would be a line crossed, IMO.

Just because I think it might happen doesn't mean I agree with it, KWIM?

I would be surprised, unless it's the only way TLC will let him out of the contract if Jon was interested in therapy. I think he has moved on, at least mentally.

I go back and forth about what I think about Jon. I agree with you, I think he's definitely moved on. His actions yesterday contradicted much of what he's said on the show and in interviews. For someone who hates the spotlight, he sure appeared comfortable with it when talking to the radaronline people. It almost seemed like he was having fun with the whole "watch the show" comments over and over...

It's becoming clearer to me that this is TLC and Kate's attempt to salvage what's left of the show, and making Jon look like the bad guy .. when in reality, they're each responsible for whatever has happened in their marriage. Jon is obviously ok with the path the producers have taken, maybe they bought him out so they could move forward.

I wonder why Jodi and Kevin continued to act like they were friends and wanted to continue being on the show (for pay, of course) if all these awful things happened in season 1 & 2? Why not come out and talk about them then?

Because they are family, not friends and they were probably pulling for them. And they love them. Why would they "come out" with Jon and Kate's marital woes when the show was still new, and it hadn't at all evolved into the circus it now is? Jodi and Kevin spent a lot of time with Jon, Kate and the kids. They lived very close. The bickering described in seasons 1 and 2 (I didn't read about any awful things) that they edited around may have been their "normal" behavior, which later spiraled out of control.
With all the media frenzy, pictures and blogs; I don't think Julie's blog is going to make any difference in the kids' relationship with their Aunt Jodi and Uncle Kevin. What has she said that is so new or hurtful? It's just coming from a more inside source. Someone who use to be there. I bet they miss their Aunt, Uncle and cousins. Whatever the real reason is they don't see them anymore, it makes me sad.

That's possible, that they were pulling for them.

I just always go back to why Jodi and Kevin left, what they said in their interview about Kate not wanting them to be paid, and I can't help wondering if they would still be on the show, if they were being paid, and if none of these things would be mentioned. The moral issues they now take issue to, saying the crew couldn't get 15 minutes of film in 8 hours (that would have had to be before they left and before all the photo's, wouldn't it?).

I think, unless everyone decides to kiss and make-up (K and Kevin and J) it will be hard for the kids to have a nice relationship with them, because of the interview. I'm with you though, I'm sure they miss them.

Because they are family, not friends and they were probably pulling for them. And they love them. Why would they "come out" with Jon and Kate's marital woes when the show was still new, and it hadn't at all evolved into the circus it now is? Jodi and Kevin spent a lot of time with Jon, Kate and the kids. They lived very close. The bickering described in seasons 1 and 2 (I didn't read about any awful things) that they edited around may have been their "normal" behavior, which later spiraled out of control.
With all the media frenzy, pictures and blogs; I don't think Julie's blog is going to make any difference in the kids' relationship with their Aunt Jodi and Uncle Kevin. What has she said that is so new or hurtful? It's just coming from a more inside source. Someone who use to be there. I bet they miss their Aunt, Uncle and cousins. Whatever the real reason is they don't see them anymore, it makes me sad.

I think Madge is secretly stalking the Gosselins and going through their trash.... :ssst:

:lmao:

now that would be some quality reality TV :happytv:

I have been hopelessly sucked into this drama for a year, with no clear explanation as to why. And I love following this thread probably more than I do following the Gosselins, which mean I might need some sort of intervention. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? :upsidedow

Here it is:

Monday, June 22, 2009
The Big Announcement
I've seen several different discussions online about "The Big Announcement", and I absolutely agree with those who believe this is being used to deflect from a more serious issue that is going on. They are trying to deflect the attention away from the "glimpse" everyone got of what Kate is really like with her children. This was not just an isolated incident. I'm not going to discuss the spanking issue, because I don't think "spanking" is really the issue at all. I think the point should be...was she reacting out of anger? Did the punishment fit the crime?

Wow, I guess Jodi's sister is some kind of saint if she's never lost her temper with any of her kids. Nevermind, I'm not even going there with this argument but all I will say is that it's ridiculous to say she was reacting out of anger.

Many viewers have been very observant and have seen the indications/signs of what is really going on. So many people have been criticized for voicing their opinions about what they have actually seen on the show...putting the pieces of the puzzle together and figuring out what the dynamics of this family is really all about. They are called "lairs", "haters" and "jealous" for speaking out and seeing through the facade of the "reality" show.

Kate has prided herself in saying that their show is the "realest" reality show. You get the good, the bad and the ugly. Well, if the truth be told, they can't show the ugly on TV. Kevin and Jodi mentioned in their interview that the production company had a hard time getting 15 mins of airable footage out of 8 hours of filming.

Kate even made a comment on Rachel Ray that gives a little hint into their "real" life. She said something like, "I was on one of my rampages"...she said it very flipantly, like that's just the way it is. But again, remember that her "rampages" can't be shown on TV, so the glimpse you get on the show is actually "the bad" but not "the ugly". Her response to the spanking article was, "I discipline them as I deem appropriate for the situation". I would venture to guess that most people would differ in her opinion of what is appropriate.

Oh please! So just because Kate said she was on one of her rampages, therefore she's some psychotic, child beating Mom?? This is really grasping for straws here IMO and Jodi's sister is just looking for any chance to pounce and slap it up on her now famous website. Interesting how she had it shut down when there wasn't anything in the news but as soon as the Jon scandal hit, she came out of blog hibernation.

Just one example...I previously wrote a post about "gumgate" on my blog. I alluded to the fact that things were much worse than were shown on TV. At some point between filming and the airing of the episode, someone from the crew came to Jodi and said something like, "that gum incident was really something". She had no idea what this person was talking about because other than the telephone conversation with Kate, she didn't know how bad her reaction had been. The person from the crew told Jodi that the scene got so bad at their house that they turned the cameras off and left. Kevin and Jodi mentioned in their interview that the crew told them that they had moral issues with what they were filming.

I love how she's talking like she has firsthand experience and was there.

Things were so bad between Jon and Kate (this was back in Season 1 and 2), that they had to reshoot couch interviews and add in scenes weeks after the filming was done to try to show a more loving couple. They were told to change back into what they were wearing during that episode and "hug in the kitchen". They were told to sit closer on the couch, have Jon put his arm around Kate...say they were "in this together".

Yet Kevin & Jodi still stayed on the show, still said nice things about J&K. If they were so concerned about what J&K were acting like and how it was affecting the kids, why did they stay on the show and wait all this time to come forward?

A more recent example, I saw a clip this morning of their vows in Hawaii. It makes me sick that they would stand there and lie before God, their children, and the viewers. It was a complete mockery of the sanctity of marriage! All for money, ratings, a trip to Hawaii! Things were so bad at that point last year that they separated shortly after they returned.

Is this person in J&K's heads? How on earth does she know what their motivation was for their vow renewal? Maybe it really was a last ditch effort. I thought it looked genuine and they all seemed like they had a fantastic time that whole vacation.

They were never the devoted couple that production was trying to portray. It may look like they are so different now or they've changed so much. That's not really true. The viewers weren't shown a true depiction of what things were really like. The turning point was when their two worlds collided. Real life Jon and Kate was exposed and they were forced to deal with it on the show. If those photos hadn't come out, the viewers would have no idea how bad things really are. They still have many episodes that were filmed back before the truth was exposed, and they were planning on continuing the charade as long as possible.

What a bunch of garbage. So they were never a devoted couple? Since when exactly? I saw plenty of episodes where they were happy together. The tummy tuck episode was a great one, not to mention Jon's secret b-day trip.

I saw the teaser clip for the show tonight. It's very evident that they are trying to portray Kate as the victim. Jon has changed and she doesn't understand. I'll explain it to you, Kate, Jon decided that he will no longer take your abuse! Kate doesn't know how to have a relationship with anyone without trying to completely control them.

Oh ok, then Jon can cheat because that's how he's going to stand up to Kate's abuse? Baloney. I love how Julie seems to know everything about Kate, has she ever even met her? Talked with her? Had a friendship with her? I ask because she certainly is vehemently asserting that Kate can't have a relationship with anyone without controlling them.

Kate says she will always do what's best for her kids. What a joke!! I have a suggestion. Step back from the spotlight and work on your marriage in private. Give your children their privacy back. Many child psychologists have come forward and stated that the reality show is damaging the children. I guess Kate knows what's best, they are her kids. Give me a break!!!

I wonder how Julie would feel if people started telling her how to take care of her kids.

Jon mentions the tabloids are making things worse. Actually, it made things worse because they were trying to keep the separation quiet so they could continue the charade. They gave up on their marriage months before the tabloids started reporting on them. Now they've been forced to speed up their "reality" show to real time, and they weren't prepared for that. It's horrible to see them using their marital issues as a ploy for ratings. As much as Jon says he doesn't want to be in the public eye and doesn't want to be a part of the show, there he was yesterday, giving an interview and telling people to watch the show to find out the state of their marriage. You can't have it both ways, Jon!! It's evident that either of them will do anything for more money!!

Again, how does she know all this? Does she have some direct line into J&K's head and all of their decision making processes??

I will not be watching tonight and I hope others decide to make the stand too. Showing the destruction of a real family on TV should not be used for entertainment!

Ah, but it's ok to blog about it and make things even more dramatic and diffcult for this family?

To answer another question that I have been hearing for a long time, "Why isn't anyone doing anything?"---to help the kids or stop the show. Here's the answer...many people are trying. The problem...MONEY!! It's more powerful than I ever imagined! People don't want to lose their jobs, the state of PA doesn't want to lose the tax revenue, the list goes on and on...

:sad2: How on earth did Julie think this was helpful?? She's not even involved but somehow claims she knows what the Gosselins are all about. Sorry but I'm not believing someone who isn't even privy to J&K's lives and is using her blog IMHO to further her popularity. :sad2: Seriously, Kevin & Jodi would probably still be on the show if the whole $ thing hadn't erupted between them and Kate. It makes it hard to swallow all this, that's all I'm saying. Maybe it's all true, who the heck knows!

And I love following this thread probably more than I do following the Gosselins, which mean I might need some sort of intervention. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? :upsidedow

If you find a 12 step program...let me know. I need it too! :rotfl:

If you find a 12 step program...let me know. I need it too! :rotfl:

we might need to make up our own Jon & Kate 12-step program. LOLOL

I've stopped watching the show on Mondays -- I did see the season opener, and that's pretty much it for season 5. That's my first step.

Depending on what happens tonight, I might be able to quit cold turkey.

and now I'm off to the pool and then VBS ... have a great Monday, everyone!
:cool1:

PS. One more prediction:
this thread will be on part 5 in another day or two.

Jodi's sister has a new blog post up if anyone is interested:

http://truthbreedshatred.blogspot.com/2009/06/big-announcement.html

I honestly looked over there this morning thinking something would be up there today or tomorrow at the latest.... :sad2:

I think Madge is secretly stalking the Gosselins and going through their trash.... :ssst:

So true - madge are you on vacation??? :rotfl:

For someone who hates the spotlight, he sure appeared comfortable with it when talking to the radaronline people. It almost seemed like he was having fun with the whole "watch the show" comments over and over...

Do you think he was having fun with the reporters or the attention from the girls that stopped to say "Happy Father's Day"? To me, it almost seemed like he was trying to impress the girls, like "see, those photographer people know who I am. I'm famous and on tv.". Does that make sense??

I think the "you'll have to watch the show" is more from TLC. I'm guessing if anyone blabbed about what the announcement is would probably face some big problems with TLC as I'm sure they're hoping for some good ratings tonight.

I have been hopelessly sucked into this drama for a year, with no clear explanation as to why. And I love following this thread probably more than I do following the Gosselins, which mean I might need some sort of intervention. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? :upsidedow

Have to say I totally agree myself with the bolded part - I don't even remember why I started watching the show but now I'm sucked in and don't have an answer for DH when he asks why I care so much...I honestly don't know. And this thread is great - so glad I found it! :goodvibes

madge - I wouldn't say it's a problem - you're just working on your research skills and learning about different parts of the country right?? :thumbsup2

:sad2: How on earth did Julie think this was helpful?? She's not even involved but somehow claims she knows what the Gosselins are all about. Sorry but I'm not believing someone who isn't even privy to J&K's lives and is using her blog IMHO to further her popularity. :sad2: Seriously, Kevin & Jodi would probably still be on the show if the whole $ thing hadn't erupted between them and Kate. It makes it hard to swallow all this, that's all I'm saying. Maybe it's all true, who the heck knows!

Julie has said she has known Kate since 1992? when Jodi and Kevin first were together. Long before Jon or 8. Julie has also said she was around during filming quite a bit because she and Jodi are very close. Who is Julie gaining popularity with, and how will this blog be beneficial to her?

I understood the money thing to play out like this: Kate got wind that TLC/Figure 8 Films or whoever had offered to begin compensating Jodi and Kevin along with Beth and Bob, maybe others. The people on the show regularly and whose homes filming took place at. Kate said "nobody's making money off my kids but me" and if you have to pay them, we'll just ditch them. I have never heard that Jodi and Kevin asked to be compensated.

I don't know if I have it straight or not, but this is what I have read over the past year or so. There is so much stuff, it is hard to know what's legit. No soap opera writer could have come up with this if they tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter