Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my two cents for what it's worth. I actually cried watching this unfold. I guess because I've watched it from the very beginning, I feel like this is an incredible sad ending. I was hoping they would get past the issues in their marriage. I think BOTH contributed to the downfall. I don't blame one over the other. It takes two to make it work. In my observation Jon is very angry. He seemed very happy to move on. Kate seems just sad. Like she was hoping to work on their marriage. Either way, I hope they find peace and happiness. I also hope this show ends for the kids sake.

Well, I agree, affairs do happen. An affair does not necessarily have to cause a marriage to end. I would think long and hard before I ended my marriage if an affair was happening. It would depend on a lot of things...but once the DH checks out and moves on emotionally than no amount of change can even happen--because he does not care anymore. over it. goodbye. IF they choose to work on it, the end result may be very different.

Anytime someone says 'boy will be boys", "guys will be guys", or "men will be men" it'll get the thumbs down from me. I think it is a sick mindset and not a good message to send to males of any age. Of course, for a woman, do not blame your hormones for all your actions either. It goes both ways with me. Use some self control, everyone!

Funny things when I say guys will be guys I say in a positive way, there was no negative connotation to it. I guess I am the lucky one. Guys will be guys to me is: not putting the seat down, taking out the trash but forgetting to put the milk in the fridge. Buying me flowers just because, sulking because they can't get the carbs to run just right on the car they have been restoring . It is accepting the fact men are different then women and trying to understand and embrace that.

I love how Kate's relationship with Steve just gets a white wash, how about her having an affair. So she treats her husband like crap and then sleeps with another man, her 2 wrongs make a what then. She took a lovely 11 day vacation with the man many people believe is her lover. Has spent how many nights in hotels and restaurants with another man, we can't judge Kate though. Just Jon, ooh bad Jon.

You don't know that she is sleeping with another man. You stated it but it doesn't make it so. He's the body guard. He's supposed to be there. It's speculation about her possibly having an affair.

Jon's behavior has been well documented. He has been vacationing with another woman, had pictures of him and this other woman all over the place, and the woman's brother has detailed :scared:their affair. He lived in the same house as her and has spoken about it.

If and until there is more information about Kate, it's apples and oranges to compare.

Well, truthfully, its apparent (by the looks of this thread) that proof isnt really necessary to form opinions, accuse jon or kate , assign guilt or assume motivations or reasons...ya know? Speculation is the word :lmao:

That was the exactly the point of my post, thank you:)

There's no proof just like there is no proof that Jon had an affair either.

I think that there have been enough pictures and videos of Jon with other women that we can safely assume that he did indeed have at least one affair - he appears to be on his 2nd actually.

You don't know that she is sleeping with another man. You stated it but it doesn't make it so. He's the body guard. He's supposed to be there. It's speculation about her possibly having an affair.

Jon's behavior has been well documented. He has been vacationing with another woman, had pictures of him and this other woman all over the place, and the woman's brother has detailed :scared:their affair. He lived in the same house as her and has spoken about it.

If and until there is more information about Kate, it's apples and oranges to compare.

The point I was trying to make which seems to have gotten lost is we do not know what either did. If people want to accuse Jon, well we can do the same to Kate. "Well documented" affairs, there was a lot of time spent with Steve on Kate's part. We have no sex tape to show Jon was sleeping with Deena or Kate sleeping with Steve. If we are going to throw accusations lets be fair about it. if jon was habitual cheater, shoot the show would have had higher ratings if he was going out each week with a different woman. Their problems seem to be much deeper than an affair.

I appreciate the differences between a man and woman also.

I just never excuse bad behavior with "men will be men". Now not putting the toilet seat down is not bad behavior in my book. I think it is the kind thing to do, however.

I think that there have been enough pictures and videos of Jon with other women that we can safely assume that he did indeed have at least one affair - he appears to be on his 2nd actually.

The pictures are nothing IMO. Standing next to a woman, eating a meal with a woman, sitting next to a woman and being on vacation with a woman mean nothing. If that is all people need then I guess I am having an affair with my brother :lmao:

Bottom line - it is ALL speculation on both sides until it is proven. Jon absolutely has not been caught in any sort of a compromising position - just like Kate has not either.

Well, I agree, affairs do happen. An affair does not necessarily have to cause a marriage to end. I would think long and hard before I ended my marriage if an affair was happening. It would depend on a lot of things...but once the DH checks out and moves on emotionally than no amount of change can even happen--because he does not care anymore. over it. goodbye. IF they choose to work on it, the end result may be very different.

I totally agree with you!!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Their problems seem to be much deeper than an affair.

That is what I think is getting lost in all this. Their problems are much more complicated. None of us can assume whats happened or who's to blame.

I appreciate the differences between a man and woman also.

I just never excuse bad behavior with "men will be men". Now not putting the toilet seat down is not bad behavior in my book. I think it is the kind thing to do, however.

I suppose you and I use the term differently. I do not use it in a negative way, to me it is almost used as comedy. I adore my husband and yes he is a man and he will be a man. The very sweet part and the drive me up the wall part, he would say the same about me. "( my name), Could you put the top back on the jar ever" my one flaw,:rotfl:

ITA. I'm not sure how anyone can say that she wasn't organized and didn't pull together everything. Yes, she had physical help with things, but just the mental organization she had with 8 kids...I definetely give her credit for. I only have 2, and I'm the planner/organizer of our family and it's gets exhausting at times, for me with only 2. I think that's definetely a huge strength that she had/has, whether you like her or not.

I never said she wasn't organized... I just said she had help, from the beginning, in reference to how she did things managing a large family.

and speaking of organized, one of the things I've noticed in the pictures is how disheveled the garage looks ... I think that just shows how crazy their lives have become. There would have been a time that Kate would have had that garage completely cleaned out and organized. It's almost like a symbol of their lives, KWIM?

Yes, I can imagine that the cleanliness of the garage has taken a back seat to all their troubles.

What do you guys think of the fact that Kate is the one that filed for divorce yesterday? Apparently, Jon wasn't aware she was doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter